Chapter 4

Chaser: To Get Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4:

“God, I can’t believe my friends just ditched me here,” I grumbled.

I was stuck in the nurse’s office, “in order to properly heal myself and do some self-reflecting,” according to Baekhyun. After the incident, I was immediately rushed here to get a check-up and told to lie down and rest for an hour, after which a member of my family was to pick me up. Of course, my friends just left me to wallow in my thoughts and throbbing headache. They said they had to finish with the school’s festival preparations, which I understood because someone had to do all that work, but then those backstabbers just left me all alone at the school while they went out to eat, to reward themselves on a hard day of work. Wait till I get back at them!

I mean I would have done the same and left them, but they had no right to do that to me. They could’ve been at least worried. And Chanyeol was the worst, leaving with Baekhyun without even checking up on me. I checked my phone once again. Grrr. At least he could’ve texted me.

“You know looking at your phone won’t do a thing,” a voice next to me snickered in delight.

I quickly turned to my right. I recognized that voice, but I thought it had all been a strange dream. It was Chibi. She was smiling like a crazed lunatic.

“Hey Cheebs!” I said in a jolly tone. At least I had someone to share my misery with.

“Wow, you sure did get knocked out cold. Bet you that’s gonna leave a scar.” She pointed to the bandage on my forehead. I grimaced. My poor beautiful face, which I took great care to not ruin it, would now have a flaw. And worse, the school festival and picture day were right around the corner.

“So, I guess it wasn’t a dream, huh? I mean you’re actually real?” I said, changing the subject.

“In the flesh,” she smiled proudly, but then frowned, “but I hope that doesn’t mean you forgot about your mission.”

“Oh, that.” I silently pondered for two seconds before voicing my thoughts aloud, “The problem with that is I don’t know who the lucky guy is, so I don’t know who to seduce. You guys never told me.”

She shook her head, “That’s because we can’t tell you.”

“What?! Then how the hell am I supposed to know?”

“Shh.” She frowned at me. “This is the injury rehabilitation center. We must keep our voices down to allow the patients to heal.”

I looked around the area and scoffed, “I am the only one here, kiddo.”

“I am not a kiddo!” She frowned even deeper.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Now just tell me, how on earth am I supposed to complete this mission if I don’t even know who this guy even is?!” I was getting really frustrated here. I mean the clock was ticking on MY LIFE!

“You’ll know. You will just know.” Chibi whispered ominously.

“What?” I frowned at her with my arms crossed.

I was already in a pissy mood because I was having a bad day: I mean I had a run-in with Baekhyun, didn’t get my rendezvous with Myungsoo, nearly died only to be told I have a time limit, have a (possible?) scar on my face, and was abandoned by my friends, who would rather eat without me then stay by my side in my time of crisis. And now this Chibi character was making my life difficult. This was not good. The last thing I need is stress.

“Your heart. Trust me your heart will know. Your heart will guide you to him.”

“Well, isn’t that sappy?” I sighed. What was this craziness about my heart knowing? It would have made both of our lives easier if they just told me.

“Okay, so again, why can’t you temporarily act as my heart and oh I don’t know tell me who the goddamn son of a gun is?”

“My my, that temper of yours will get you nowhere,” the frustrating little minx shook her head trying to reprimand me. “Besides,” she continued, “It is against the rules if we get involved.”

“But you all are already involved?” I bit out.

“Only to help you and guide you, not give you all the answers!” She exclaimed exasperatedly. “In that way, and in only that way will you learn and understand what you are supposed to. You have to want it, not because you just need it, but rather because you will suffocate else wise.”

“But I am suffocating from all of this, especially you. And I am dying, so no need to talk about suffocating, and I also really want to live,” I retorted back at her.

“Ugh!” She took a pillow and threw it on the ground.

“That’s school property, you know.” I pointed out, as if I was some model student.

Hurriedly, she quickly picked it up and placed it back on my bed. “You shouldn’t be here, anyway.”

“I know! I have been telling the nurse that but she just won’t understand.”

“And you’re one to listen to others?” She pointed out.

“Ooh, you know me so well,” I grinned at her.

“Exactly,” she gave me a pity look, which I so hated her for, “While you are stuck here, your friends are out eating at BonChon.”

“What?!” I practically screeched. “Those idiots! Wait till I get my hands on them…”

“Well then what are you waiting for?” Chibi smirked at me.

BonChon wasn’t just anyplace. It was the new student hangout, as a branch of the popularized chicken store had just opened up so very close to the school, less than a week ago. As everyone knows, it was customary to wait 1 week before visiting and marking your territory, which is what I had planned to do. But now those idiots decided to sneak there without my knowledge. How dare they blindside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter