Cupid 'the little greatest enemy'

Chaser: To Get Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mommy!”

“Daddy!”

Memories were flashing before me. My first day of school; the time I fell off the swing and scratched my knee; my first slumber party; my first dance. Some of them were flashing by so fast that I barely had time to comprehend them.

It was all these major events in my life--some important and some not so important. It was like I was watching a movie about myself. I tried to open my eyes but could not; I could barely move. Scratch that. I couldn’t move at all. But my body wasn’t in pain. In fact, I felt numb all over.

“Is she awake?” A small sweet voice said.

“I think we might have knocked her out too much.” This voice was more mature.

“Wake her up! I want to talk to her already.” Another voice entered the conversation.

“We can’t. We must wait for her to rise herself. It may take a while.”

“Hmphh.”

“Can’t you use some of your magic?” The sweet voice asked again.

“That’s not how it works.”

Magic? Okay, this was definitely a dream. I tried opening my eyes, and luckily my eyes twitched a little bit. After few minutes more, I could finally feel the tips of my fingertips, and boy did they feel cold. After a little struggle, I was able to open my eyes. When I opened my eyes, I was greeted by the strangest sight.

A young female looked down on me, along with two younger kids. What was strange was that the young female had wings. Big white wings. They were closed at the moment. The girl also had porcelain skin and a serene aura that surrounded her. Flying next to her was a tiny looking toddler wearing a shirt with a heart on it. She looked happy? She had very chubby cheeks and tiny wings. She was holding something in her right hand, which I couldn’t be too sure what it was. The other person was also a child, around 10 or so, but looked like she had just walked out of a manga.

I slowly got up. “Where am I?”

“Are you okay?” The one with the wings bent down and surveyed my condition.

“I’m fine.” I looked at the figures before me bewildered, “But, am I dreaming or what?”

The preteen looking one chuckled, “No, silly. You’re in heaven.”

“What?!” I can’t believe I died and went to heaven. This was crazy!

“Chibi.” The older one scolded the younger one. Then she turned to me, “Well, not heaven exactly. Just something like it.”

I blinked. Because really what else could I do in such a situation.

“Introduce us! Introduce us!” The flying baby exclaimed.

“Ah! I am so sorry. We haven’t introduced ourselves.” The eldest one apologized, “I am your guardian angel,” she explained.

“Gu..ard…ian. Angel?” I slowly enunciated.

“Yep.” She cheekily smiled.

“And I’m Chibi.” The manga like kid spoke. 

“Chibi?” What the hell kind of name was chibi? I turned to the flying toddler, “And what’s her name?”

The child frowned. “I’M A HE!!” He exploded.

“Sorry about that. He is really sensitive about things like that.” The guardian angel explained.

“Oh,” was all I said.

“He’s cupid.” Chibi answered my question.

“Cupid?!” I looked at the flying toddler as he flew proudly, and that’s when I noticed that the thing in his hand was a bow and arrow. I arched my brow as I stared at the acessory. Interesting.

“So…umm…can you zap me back home or something? I have to meet someone.” I asked.

“No.” They simultaneously answered.

“What? Why not?”

“You were sent here for a reason.” Guardian angel solemnly spoke. If the situation was a bit different, I would have laughed because of the sudden seriousness their faces showed.

“O..er…kay.” I was being a skeptic because I still believed it all as a strange dream.

“Actually, you pretty much died today,” Chibi said.

“Died?! Me?! What?!”

“Why don’t we explain it you?” Guardian Angel gently spoke.

And so, they led me to a bench that was shaded under a tree and sat me there. It was then that I noticed my surroundings were all white, or very bright light that shone. There was the greenest grass that I had ever seen, and tints of blue that represented the sky could be seen through the bright light. Luckily, the tree shaded me from the bright light. It was like a fog of bright light shrouded a luscious garden.

“Ah. I forgot that your human eyes can’t handle the light of our world.” Guardian Angel spoke noticing my eyes wandering around.

“Let’s start, shall we.” She said, and with a flick of her hand, she conjured up a light. Great. Like it wasn’t bright enough up in here. The light quickly transformed into an electrical orb. I was almost afraid to touch it in case I got zapped.

“Today, you have officially died.” She said as she conjured up the scene where I got hit in the head from the cardboard sign earlier during the festival preparations.

“Are you freaking kidding me?! I can’t die! I am so young. And beautiful, and gorgeous. I mean, what will become of my reputation? And I still have loads of stuff that I want to do. Like ask Myungsoo out.”

“Park Myungsoo?” Cupid asked with furrowed eyebrows and a jutted lip.

I glared at the baby. As if!

“See. And therein lies the problem.” Guardian Angel spoke in her delicate voice, as she conjured up images of my past in the orb. “You have never once used your popularity for good and have only used it your benefit.” I watched as clips of my high school life were shown in the orb.

“Hey,” I interjected, “I have so helped people make better fashion choices. They look at me and try to follow what I wear.

Chibi and Cupid just shook their heads at me. “That’s not what she means,” Chibi chuckled at me.

“You’ve been so caught up in worldly pleasures t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter