Missing You

White Daffodils

“Sir, what is your proposition for this issue?”

*cough*

“Sir...”

“Oh, yes. I agree with your suggestion.”

“Pardon?”

*cough* “I think your concern is absolutely reasonable. I believe we should see this issue in delicate manners. Mr. Choi, let’s discuss this tomorrow morning to see what we can do about it.

If there are no other issues, I’ll end the meeting. Good job everyone.”

Seo Jun can’t seem to concentrate on whatever it is. Her last letter was exactly six months ago and he didn’t hear anything from her until today. The thought of not hearing anything from her has worried him.

 “Ajusshi, are there any more meetings scheduled for today?”

 “You have meeting with RBA Bank from 15:00 – 17:00,  then a dinner with Chairman Song.”

“Can you rearrange them all and send my apologies to them?”

“You haven’t heard anything from her, is it?” He asked.

“What? Yep, it’s been a week and all my letters were returned to me. I think she cancelled her PO BOX." 

“Well, that explains your foul temper during these past few days. ” His assistant chuckled.

“I could differentiate between work and personal. Besides, it’s because they are not able to deliver the results as it should be. I expect them to show at least a certain commitment and perform in the same value as their paycheck! ” Seo Jun answered defensively.

“But sir, I think  your foul temper coincide with her disappearance most of the time. Remember that one time when she forgot to write to you back.”

 “Why are you so chatty all of sudden? Don’t you have better things to do? I think you should...” Before he could finish his sentence, Mr. Jung smiled mischievously, “Very well, I will rearrange all your meetings first. I’ll take my leave first.” He smiled knowingly as he bowed and left the room.

Just right before he closed the door, he glanced at him. “One more thing, Sir, it’s been 14 years, and don’t tell me, not for once, you are not thinking to actually find and meet her in person?”

“Ajusshi!” He looked at him disbelief.

“Alright, alright. I will leave you alone for now. But, you might really want to consider it this time. You might not realise it but your affection towards her is more than how you’ve always treated a normal friend.”

 

14 years? Time really flies. He thought.

 

They never actually met. He doesn’t even know her real name, well, neither does she. That’s their agreement after all. He is still amazed with the facts that their-so-called-friendship could last this long though.

Come to think of it, their decision to leave out their real name  actually is one of biggest factors that has sustained their relationship this long. He feels safe to tell her anything as he knows she would keep it a secret. Even if she told someone, they wouldn’t know who she is talking about.

He chuckled as he remembered how their friendship is started from a single letter that he deliberately sent to her. He was in his final year in Yonsei and had to study about pen palling as it was a huge sensation at the time. He dissed the idea of pen pal though in the first place. He thought those who use pen pal were those nerdy, weirdo and anti-social with no social life. Thus, he decided to initiate a couple of conversation with them just to prove his point.

He remembered that from all of his penfriends, she has the most ridiculous stories. It was hilarious just to read her letter and her claims considering her age. She claimed, at her current age, 15, she spoke 2 languages and a cellist for an orchestra.

-

After receiving her last letter, he re-read all her letters countless time, but couldn’t find any clues on what’s going on. He still sent her letters, just in case she would receive them.

He checked his PO BOX almost every day hoping that there will be a letter from her. But it feels like she just disappeared out of thin air.

He bumped his fists.

He is angry. He is worried. He is upset that she didn’t even trust him enough to tell him everything. But the thing is that he misses her.

He misses her quirky personality, funny and witty responses every time he teases her.

He longs her funny stories that make his day better.