Her Past

White Daffodils

“Stop the car!”

She frantically yelled at him.

“You are going to get us kill!”

She tried to grab the steer, but he shoved her hands.

“Let me out this instant! If you want to be dead, don’t drag me along with you!”

She attempted to grab it once more, and it caused the car to take a sharp turn to the left and almost hit another car from the opposite side.

He quickly reversed the car and the collision was avoided by a mere of few seconds.

She trembled. A second late and they will fall into the abyss / be shattered down there.

Tears started to form in her eyes. I don’t want to be dead. I don’t want to be dead. That’s all that she can think of.

“Please, just stop. There should be a way to cure you. Your parent has contacted those famous doctors from Germany. They will be able to cure you. Don’t do this.”

He sneered. “Don’t think I am stupid. My disease is incurable. I have done my research and there’s never a success case even with any kind of medication.”

“I will take care of you. But we need to stop this. It’s crazy. Think about our parents. Do you think they want to see us like this?”

“I don’t want to die in such pain. I don’t want to see those people who see me as a pitiful and pathetic loser.”

She started to freak out. It’s impossible to reason with him. He was out of his mind.

“If you want to die, die for yourself. I don’t want to die. I want to live. I still have a lot of things to do in my life”, she screamed at him.

“I don’t want to die alone. If I die, you will be with someone else one day, create a little happy family with him. You can’t do that to me! I can’t bear that thought. You are mine and will always be. No one else can have you.”

His response sent chills down to her spine. She just realised that she was not dealing with a mentally healthy person right now.

She frantically tried to get hold of her mom, but she could only hear a busy tone. Tears have been all over her face, and she could feel that they are getting faster and anything could happen at any point of time.

She tried to call her brother.

 “Oppa!” She was a bit relieved hearing her brother’s voice. “Sung Jae is insane. He is trying to get both of us killed. He is driving like…” Before she could finish, Sung Jae snatched her phone and threw it out of the window.”

“You are sick! Let me out!”

The only way she can thought of to stop the car is to pull the hand brake. She thought that by pulling it, the car would stop and they wouldn’t be in any sort of danger anymore.

She abruptly pulled the handbrake to the max while closing her eyes and waiting for the car to stop. But, she was wrong. Because of the sudden break, the car swirled uncontrollably and he lost control of it. Collision with other cars from the back and the opposite directions were unavoidable.

She opened her eyes and realise that she was just having another bad dream.

She could feel her quick heart beat and her T-shirt drenched in sweats.

 It’s almost a year since it happened, but the guilt is still there, it does not vanish along with the time. His parents did no good to help her. They blamed her for causing the accident instead of persuading him to stop. They blamed her for being alive.

She decided to take a morning walk to ease her mind. Even though she claimed that she is helping her family business out here, but she knows very well it was all an act to run from the reality that she would have to face every day in Seoul.

Running has never been her style. She always thought that running is only for a coward. But, apparently she has to eat her own words. She realised how selfish she is, by running away and leaving her family behind. But she doesn’t have that strength anymore. Running has always been an easy option.