updates

「 hot issue 」: season one — apply open.

U P D A T E S

02/08/2015 - So hopefully people actually want to apply to this and are working on apps, especially since I'm not going to drag this out for weeks on end. And depending on how good apps are, I may even start writing for this as characters come along so you guys have something to look forward to instead of just teasers. And since I don't really want to resort to allkpop teasers because you won't learn much from them and they just don't really fit this story due to how dry and uninteresting they can be at times (some stories use them well, but I just don't foresee it being the type of thing that would work well here). Instead I'll be doing short interludes throughout the fic that will either focus on one of the members and their thoughts, so kind of think of the monologues that happen in various tv shows where the characters break the fourth wall by telling the audience some of their thoughts/feelings, or I may even select 2-3 characters to have their own blogs and they'll have mini blog posts highlighting some of the things that are going on throughout their time on the show. Other than that, I wish you guys luck with applying and whatnot. 

02/13/2015 - Please make sure you are reading everything about this fic, because I did mention that this is a boy group fanfic in the summary portion of the description section. And while I know I only mentioned it once and that it is possible for some of you to skim over that part and not realize that this is a boygroup fic at first, I also tagged this as a boy group fic as well. Which may not mean much to some because not all of you like to read the tags associated with a fic, but I do use the tags to describe what type of fic this is (there will be quite a bit about training life, it's a boy group fic, you may find hetero/homoual/biual characters depending on the character's love interests, etc...). So please do read everything about this fic so that no one makes any mistakes. (And yes, I do apologize for not being as clear as I could have been, but look at it this way, being this vague does tell me who is actually reading and how interested some of you are in this fic. And while I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad and say you aren't reading this fic if you make a mistake, but reading everything is important, especially if you don't want to redo/fix your app.) But other than that, I hope this hasn't dettered anyone from applying, because I am still accepting 10 characters and while not all will make it into the group at the end of the fictitious show this revolves around, the majority of the fic is about how the characters deal with the show/new environment they'll be in. (And I do expect an assortment of characters, so while I do like the more serious characters, I hope I do get some less serious, more positive, crazy characters as well.)

02/17/2015 - Question: How many more of you are applying or thinking about applying? I just want to know so I can figure out a date to close this so that I definitely have enough characters for this fic, while also giving you guys enough time to finish apps and whatnot.

02/20/2015 - Okay, thanks for answering my question, and as of now, I still don't have a date set for apps to be completely finalized and turned in. So for those that are thinking about applying and are trying to finish your apps, how much time do you need to get your app done (in a reasonable amount of time where you aren't neglecting your studies and whatnot)? So I have a rough estimate of when I should close this so that I do have enough characters to actually write the story. And for those that are wondering, you can applying with more than one character (up to 2). However, this doesn't mean if you do apply with more than one character, both are automatically going to be chosen. But if both apps are good and make me want to write about them, then your second character will have a decent chance of being chosen as well. (Because as of now, with the people that have answered me, I would have enough to start the fic, but I may be a bit short of the number I was thinking of taking earlier on and I kind of like having at least 10 characters to work with.)