Morning Ritual

Between Black and White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello everyone! So just a quick intro. I'm writing this story as a form of stress reliever since I am a very busy college student with no social life. I've had this story idea in my head for a while now. So please bear with me since this is my first time actually writing it all down on virual "paper". Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me comments~!

Yuri POV

Just as the rooster crowed, I sat up from my bed.

The first rays of sunlight peeked through my window as I quickly pulled myself from bed.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in."

A shorter figure entered my room with a pile of clothes that I would be wearing that day.

"Good morning Yuri~" greeted my personal assistant. She gave me her signature eye smile.

"And a good morning to you Tiffany."

I stood in front of her as she carefully removed my night clothes.

"Do we have a ceremony to attend to today?"

The clothes she was fitting me with were different from my usual uniform.

She carefully buttoned up my last collar and placed a heavy black decorated jacket on my shoulder.

"Lady Yoona asked me to fit you with a new uniform. She said that the other jackets were getting worn. But to aswer your question, yes I believe there is a ceremony today."

I grabbed my sword and gun from my bedside table.

"You know Tiffany, you don't have to dress me every morning. I am capable of dressing myself."

The eye-smile drooped immediately.

"Yuri you know that I can't do that. It is my duty to serve the-

"The sword of Our Lady and to make sure she is not even the least tainted so she may shine for Our Lady... You've told me many times."

I shrugged my cloak on.

"But I get tired from being compared to a weapon all the time."

Tiffany now grinned.

"But it doesn't bother you as long as you are able to serve her correct?"

I gave her a smile.

"Now that's a secret just for me to know."

~~~~

I reached my Lady's door just as the sun began to rise.

"My Lady? It is time for the sun to rise."

The door opened slightly, which was my signal to come in.

She was still in bed with her eyes closed.

Her long hair hid her face partially but I could still the ruby lips that I had fallen for.

"She must have not slept since then..."

I laid a hand on her shoulder and leaned in closer to her ear.

"It is time time to rise my Lady."

She sighed and slowly opened her lovely doe-eyes.

"Has the light from Our Grace blessed the land again this morn?"

"Yes my lady She has."

Yoona rubbed her eyes as she sat up.

"A pity," she muttered.

I had to smile. This was perhaps the only time during the day I saw My Lady express any real emotions.

"It is time to dress My Lady."

She gradually pulled herself up from her bed and made her way towards the mirror.

"There is to be a ceremony today Yuri. I am to wear my blue robes."

"As you wish My Lady."

I made my way to her wardrobe where all her clothes were contained and left untouched other than me.

She dozed in and out of sleep as I quickly dressed her.

It bothered me that she seemed to be so exhausted this morning.

"Perhaps she is falling ill…"

"My Lady are you sure you are well? 

"Does it matter if I am well or not? The sun must rise for the people for they need their Sacred Heart."

Her eyes were still closed but her bottom lip trembled slightly.

My Lady blinked once and opened her eyes as soon as I finished adjusting her robes.

"Come, it is time for the sun to rise Yuri.”

I bowed.

“As you wish My Lady.”

~~~

No One POV

In a room several feet away from where YoonYul were getting ready for the day another person slowly pulled herself out of bed.

She yawned and looked over to her side to see her partner snuggled close to her still fast asleep.

The taller of the two women in bed giggled at her lover as she rare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter