Two

When I Was.... When You Were....

Luna

How many times do I have to get bumped with someone in one day?  I was about to get up when I realised that it was Baekhyun again. Oh . No, no, no, no, no, no. I can't believe he's here. He can't be here. Hell no he can't be in the same class with me. Not this year. But he wasn't in class this morning. Why is he here now?

"Well, what do we have here? Baekhyun and Sunyoung why are you late for my class? And why do you two smell like spaghetti?" he sniffed us.

I could hear Mr. Park's voice. Please, please don't give me-

"Detention, both of you, this evening."

"But-" / "But-"

"No buts. Now please, both of you stand at the back immediately. I expect you two to be more punctual this year."

Then he shifted his eyes to Krystal.

"And who are you?" he asked.

"Uhm... I'm the new student. Jung Soojung, sir."

"As for you young girl, I'll let you off the hook." he smirked handsomely to Krystal.

I hate him when he does that to new girls. That attention seeker.

We were both forced to stand at the back for the whole time. I could die of sleepiness just by hearing Mr. Park talking.

"Ouch! What was that for?" I screamed quietly at Baekhyun who was kicking my leg.

"You were sleeping while standing, if you fall I'm not going to pay for your hospital bills." he mocked me.

"Mr. Byun and Miss Park, are you two listening?" Mr. Park scolded us.

"Yes, sir, / Yes, sir."

"Alright then, as I was saying, I'll give you a week, you'll pair up and I'll give you a baby doll to take of." he brought up a container of baby dolls.

Oh My God, is it really neccesary? Take care of a fake baby doll? Is he really serious?

"As for you two late comers, you'll pair together." he pointed at us.

"Uhm, but sir, I think it would be better for us to work with someone else." I said.

"I said no buts, means no buts. You people should learn to co-orperate with each other. Now take these before you leave."

Then, the bell rang. Oh god, thank god. I just want this day to end. Everyone went in front and took a baby for their partners before they left. With my half-hearted mind and body, I went to Mr. Park's table to get a baby. Baekhyun followed behind me. He didn't seem so pleased when Mr. Park told us we were partners. He probably wanted to be with Taeyeon. When we reached the table, the container was empty.

"Uhm sir, there isn't any babies left." I said.

Wait, does it mean we don't have to do this stupid project? Hell yeah!

"Look, let's make a deal. I'll let you off the detention this evening if you guys mind taking care of a real baby instead of a fake one?"

"What do you mean by a 'real baby'?" Baekhyun asked.

"Look, if you guys babysit for my niece, I'll give both of you A's for this project. Please, just for tonight. I beg you." he asked us with his so called puppy eyes.

Wait, if it's for a day rather than a week, that means I don't have to see Baekhyun's face often, even though we're neighbours.Then, if I don't screw up this project, I can pass this easily. Besides, I don't have to go to detention.

"Fine, then. But make sure to give us A's." Baekhyun cut me.

He was probably thinking the same thing.

"Thank you so much! Here's the address to my house, please come at 8 sharp tonight. And don't be late!" he shouted as he gave me a small piece of paper and left.

Right after he left, I shoved the address at his chest.

"Ouch!"

"Since you have a driving license, you'll pick me up tonght. Oh, if you screw up this time, I swear I'm going to cut of your head."

"Oh, I'm so scared! Please don't kill me!" he mocked me again.

I kicked his leg. And his balls. That'll prove him I'm serious.

"OUCH!!! OKAY, OKAY I'LL STOP!"

I stormed out of the class and walked back home. Baekhyun was probably riding his ferrari home. Alright, serious talk, how the hell am I going to babysit a baby? I don't even know-

WHOOSH.

Oh. My. God. I could see Baekhyun's car passed me. How dare that ing idiot that to me. I looked down at myself. I'm wet. I quickly checked my bag. Thank my god it's not wet. You are so dead, Baekhyun.

When I reached home, I can see my mom in the kitchen cooking. I quickly ran upstairs and went into the bathroom to clean myself. After a long bath, I get ready for tonight. Where did I put my compact powder? I tried to search in my second drawer and found a dried one-petal flower.

Oh My Gosh. This flower is still in my drawer? I completely forgot that I kept it all along. I remember those times when I was a little kid, I used to pluck flower petals and chant: Baekhyun likes me, Baekhyun likes me not. This wasn't just any flower, its the flower that I begged Baekhyun to give me during valentine's day when I was twelve. Well, the reason I left the petal because the last one was Baekhyun loves me. I was saving it. Just in case. Man, I was so stupid. I was absolutely stupid to have a crush on Baekhyun, that's for sure. I should throw this away.

BEEP! BEEP!

Oh shoot. Baekhyun's here. Better get going. I ran downstairs and told my mother I was going out with my friends.

"Be back before 11. I don't want you to go out till midnight."

"Alright, mum." I smiled to her. 

I ran outside and hopped in Baekhyun's car. I wanted to smack him in the head so bad, but nah I'll save it later. The ride was awkward. It was so damn awkward. I have been avoiding him for years and he had been enjoying his life in high school. I wouldn't say that my high school life , but it has been really quiet. I barely speaked to anyone. I think I started to speak after Krystal arrived.

Baekhyun

After 30 minutes of driving, we arrived at Mr. Park's house. His house looked kinda fancy. He must be rich and wealthy. I knocked the door and Mr. Park came out wearing a black suit. He must have some event to attend.

"Ah, my guests of honour. Welcome in. Thank you so much for coming. Here's the list of stuff you have to do. The baby is upstairs in the cradle and I'll be back at 10." He gave the list to Luna.

"Toodles! Have a goodnight babysitting my niece!"

Then the night begins.

Suddenly I could feel something walked through my legs.

Oh, it's a cat. An adorable one. It meowed and went into the kitchen. The cat was standing beside an empty bowl.

Oww.. you must be hungry. Let me get you something. I opened the refrigerator and saw a bottle labeled 'milk'. I took it and pour it inside the bowl for the cat. The cat quietly it. Oww.. he's so cute.

"Baekhyun! Get your up here!"

What in the world is wrong with that crazy woman.She should really learn how to chill. I walked upstairs and saw  Luna holding a baby happily.

"Come here, look, isn't she cute." she said while patting the baby softly. 

I could feel my hands tremble, I don't know why. The baby was cute but I don't want to hold it. I'm scared. I'm afraid that I'll drop the baby. Slowly, Luna walked towards me.

"Don't be afraid, Baekhyun. You can do it." She sounded like an angel, guiding me.

Slowly, Luna handed me the baby. The touch of her skin felt so electrifying. The baby in my arms laughed cutely. 

"She likes you. Jimin likes you. It's her name." she smiled.

"Now let's get on with the list."

Luna walked down the stairs and I followed her along with Jimin. We went to the dining room.

"Firstly we have to give her milk. It stated here, Mr. Park left a bottle of it inside the refrigerator," she said.

Oh ! The milk! I left the baby and ran to the kitchen and searched for the bottle. The bottle of milk was empty beside the cat. I am so dead.

"Byun BAEKHYUN! You fed the cat the milk?!"

"Wait! I'm sure he left some in the refrigerator!"

I opened the refrigerator and searched for any bottle that has milk in it.

"Can't we just give her regular milk?" I asked.

"Are you crazy? She's still young. Besides, I don't know if she could drink regular milk. How are we going to find milk?"

Then, my eyes shifted to Luna's s. They weren't really big, but I'm sure it's not a C cup. I wonder if her s has any milk in it. I guessed I stared long enough to make Luna realised that I was staring.

SMACK!

"That is for splashing water at me with your stupid car!"

SMACK!

"That is for feeding the cat milk!"

SMACK!

"That is for staring at my-"

Then, our argument stopped after we heard something.

We heard the baby squealed.

 

 

Oh ! I left Jimin on the dining table!

 

 

 


Author's Note:

I'm really sorry for the late update. Just got a break for Lunar New Year. And I'm sorry ParkMiyoung for the terrible grammar. I'll try to improve. Do enjoy this chapter!