Four

When I Was.... When You Were....

Luna

I grabbed Baekhyun's hand, along with Jimin in my arm, we ran through the kitchen and went through the back door. Of course, that crazy hag chased our butts. I can't believe that douchebag brought beer, man, I did not expect Baekhyun to be that kind of person who would break the rules, sure, things do change, huh. But then, rules are meant to be broken anyways.

From the back door, we made a run towards the front yard, to Baekhyun's car. Both of us were out of bre ath went we reached his car, somehow I had a bad feeling, my instincts telling me something's wrong.

My instincts were right when I heard Baekhyun's gasp.

", my keys, it's in my bag," he said, while still panting.

I was about to smack his head, until I saw Mrs. Kim making her way to the front yard. Oh shoot.

"SCREW THAT! JUST ING RUN!"

There I went, grabbing his arm forcefully so we could make a run. It the midst of running, I felt a certain deja vu hitting me, when Baekhyun letting go of himself and took my hand instead. It was his fingers, firmly trapping mine, as though he doesn't want to let them go. I could see a small dash of smile when he did that. Man, my inner self was so flabbergasted, that I almost dropped Jimin.

We looked behind, just to see Mrs. Kim trying her best to chase our asses off, just about a few blocks away. Man, she's got quite the stamina. Maybe I shouldn't have messed with her car in the first place.

Baekhyun stepped forward, and was still holding my hand, leading the way. We did turn a few rights and a few lefts around the street, just to get away from that crazy woman. God knows where we were. Man, all I wanted know to just go home and sleep.

We finally reached somewhere, out of Mr. Parks neighbourhood. Thank god that woman stopped chasing us, so that we can finally stop running. The force made him letting go of my hands, and I landed on the ground, with Jimin still in my arm, intentionally because it was so tiring. Man! I felt like I just won a marathon, I was hecka exhausted, and by the look of Baekhyun resting his hands on his knees, we were probably on the same page.

After a few of moments of finally catching up our breaths, all of a sudden Jimin laughed.

"You lucky bastard, you should thankful I carried you all the way here." I smiled, while patting her back.

And then, I smacked Baekhyun's head when I had time to.

"YAH! HOW COULD YOU BRING BOOZE? I've never seen Taeyeon's mom being so-"

"WAIT, that was Taeyeon's mom? She's a cop?"

"Wow, you call yourself Taeyeon's boyfriend? And yet doesn't-"

"WAIT, does it means she lives here?"

"Oh god, and I thought I was stupid." I scoffed at him.

But then, other thoughts started to fill in my mind.

"Yah, Baekhyun-ah, where are we?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? I thought you knew the way to Mr. Park's?"

"Yah, have you ever heard of a GPS?"

, we're lost, and it was already dark. I closed my eyes mainly because I was tired, but prayed for someone to get me home right now. I need my bed, my pillow, my phone- OH ! Where's my phone?! Don't tell me-

", my phone, it's at Mr. Parks."

Baekhyun started to search for his, and on the look of his face, and his curse, I'm guessing he left it too.

"Now what?" he questioned me.

I was currently having a mental breakdown, but fortunately, it stopped thanks to a big red-light sign I spotted.

 

Hong's Motel, "24 hours for Check-ins"

 

"Baekhyun, you've got your wallet right?" I asked him, with full of desperation.

"Yeah, why?"

"Thank god, dude, we're currently in some random street and man, my legs could give up on me at any time. So, can we just take a rest over there?" I pointed at the motel, with a hope of him agreeing with me.

"Fine, I'm exhausted, too, with all of these running and being chased as if we're in some kind of crime drama."

 

With that, both of us including the baby went in the motel. However, it was a bit- how do I say this; it wasn't run-down, but yet it wasn't so bad either, I would say, probably normal, I guess.

 

We walked in, through the automatic sliding door, and there was a lady with short hair, sitting on a chair, in front of a desk. looking like she's not bothered by anything, while brushing her nails.

 

"Uhmm..... Excuse me," I  slowly waved my hand in front of her.

At first, she didn't pay attention and I was about to lose my patience, so I knocked on her desk. Then she gave a weird look at me, then at Jimin, then Baekhyun. 

"What can I help you?" she asked us with a hint of disinterest.

"Uh... we need a room," I said.

"Wait, don't you mean two?" Baekhyun tapped me.

"It's okay, I can sleep on the floor. Besides, I don't want to owe you a ton of money," I assured him.

"Here you go," she gave me a key. All of a sudden, she pulled out something from her drawer and put it in my jacket's pocket.

"What is this?" I was curious so I tried to take it out, but she stopped me,

"Oh, it's a complementary gift, for you, and good luck on the second one," she said while pointing at Jimin. Then, she shooed us away while giving me a thumbs up.

What just happen? Man, at first she was like so unbothered, but now, she was suddenly so bright and even gave me a free gift? Gosh, such weird mood swings people have.

I gradually got even tired and tried my best to drag myself and the baby up the staircase. GOD DAMN IT, why are there so many stairs?!

When we finally reached our room on the fourth floor, I swear to god, I taught I couldn't breathe anymore this was literally worse than the marathon we had just now. I quickly passed Jimin to Baekhyun so that I can open the door.

Right from the very moment we stepped in the room,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And everything happened back then, was a blur,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Or at least I thought it would be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I remembered wanting to check out the motel, and occasionally rating the motel in my mind.

That was only the beginning, turns out the drama started later.

Screamings, wailings, bawlings, howlings and any other kind of synonym I can come out with, that was the ultimate drama.

We took turns passing Jimin to pat on her back, trying the best we can to stop the madness. Eventually, it took us 3 hours to stop that baby from crying. She'd probably got tired of crying and slept instead. Jimin ended up taking the whole bed, leaving us lying on the floor, exhausted, and not even trying to get up.

 

 

Baekhyun

"I think I got drunk without trying," muttered Luna in the midst of us staring at the ceiling of a run-downed motel, as if it were stars that lighten up the dark.

"You mean high?" I looked at her, thinking she went a bit loco after dealing with the unstoppable-wailing Jimin.

"Naah, I'm going for drunk, it's safer than being stoned," she said happily, as if a stranger gave her candies without needing to kidnap her.

I smiled, thinking I was also drunk as well, or just wondering what the am I doing with my life. How did I ended up with my best friend, (she probably doesn't think of one anymore) whom I haven't talk in years, someone's child, who got absolutely no chill, in a run-down motel, located somewhere I don't know.

Easy,-long story short- I was just trying to complete an important test, with a person that used to be a part of my childhood, got chased by a policewoman, ended up she was my girlfriend's mom, trying to not get killed by my girlfriend's mom, stumbled on a motel and decided to rest because we were freaking tired, eventually we got even tired when the baby cried, and now I'm on the floor.

Wasn't that bad or complicated, was it?

 

 

 

Okay, probably it wasn't a -long story short-. but who the cares, I'm dead tired.

 

 

"Oh, I just remembered, the front lady gave me a gift, but here you go, I don't want it," Luna said, while taking out something from her pocket and simply throwing it on my chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If I had my phone, I could've taken a picture, then spending a day on deciding to keep it or share it to the whole school and laugh my off.

It was the colour of Luna's flustered face, how it changed faster than the lightning, and I swear I am going to love the colour pink after this.

"I- I- IT'S NOT MINE, IT WAS THE FRONT-LADY-D-DESK PERSON!!! I WOULD NEVER OWN SUCH A THING-"

Just when she reflexed herself and tried to get up, my satanic self-dragged her down and I quickly trapped her small body by having Luna on the floor, slightly trembling, and me on top of her. 

"Oh, Sunyoung, don't act like you don't know, I know we both want it, but you didn't have the guts to ask me; that's why you gave me this ," I smirked.

At first, her face was turning pink as ever, then a dash of red, with a hint of anger.

"SCREW YOU, WHAT THE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT-," she pushed me, and I was slightly giving way for her escape.

She dashed her way to the toilet leaving me various insults followed by a "never call me Sunyoung again," but only this time, screaming.

I was smirking, smiling like an idiot I am. It was always had been fun, teasing Luna. She always had that cute flustered face, well, I used to have fun back then, maybe I was longing on her presence. Anyhow, I am very blessed that I was able to spend time with her. Where were we the past few years? What happened to us wanting to take over the world, so she could be the queen, I could be the king and give out free chocolates and marshmallows to everyone. I've wondered why our friendship didn't last that long, or why she even stopped talking to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I guess things were never to stay together, ............... forever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As the lonely night goes on with me taking a trip down the memory lane, Luna doing god-knows-what in the toilet, the physical and mentally stress that took me out made me fall asleep on the cold floor, as if it was a comfortable bed that mom would used to tuck me in.

I woke up with the sound of Jimin's morning giggles, the ray of sunlight that went through past my dark soul, and simply, Luna sleeping in the bathtub.

"Yah, wake up. It's almost noon." I shook her.

Nope, not even a move. I've always knew she was one of those people who took a thousand years to wake her up. Thank god, she was in a bathtub.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She woke up to a shock, then realising the cold water that flowed in the bathtub. Knowing the rants that she would throw at me, before she could even open , I cut her.

"You wouldn't wake up, so I used some water-"

"SOME?!! I'M DRENCHED IN THIS BATH TUB, NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR?" she shrieked at me while trying to get out from the bath tub.

Before I could even continue our unnecessary conversation, my eyes travelled to her wet, soaking body, on how the cold water flatten the clothes she wore and now I could see her curves, slightly shivering from the cold temperature. I can even see the lacy white bra she was wearing, through that worn-out shirt of hers. I'm not trying to be a ert right now, but I just realised that how she's grown up, and how I am too, and how both of us missed out that period of growing up, since we were friends from a young age. Maybe it was one of the things I missed out through the years, the special era of our adolescent days, puberty.

 

Luna was simply in a rage before noticing at how long I was staring at her body, now, her face turning into the same colour of pink as yesterday's, quickly taking the nearest object, a towel to cover her body.

 

And yes, of course, I got a smack on the head from Luna, and as usual, a few insults. Then, she forced me to find some food for her and Jimin, while she wanted to dry her clothes.

 

As I walked down the stairs and remembered that there was a convenience store right across the street, silently I was waiting for some miracle to happen. Can god just come to me and take that baby away, so that I can finally get some rest? Jesus, I almost felt like killing Mr. Park for taking advantage of us. From the look of his face, I knew he wanted to go out and have fun,  probably get drunk or get laid. Damn it, Mr. Park I have a ing headache thanks to you.

 

"Oh shoot, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there," 

 

Luna

That -Baekhyun. now I have to dry my clothes with the freaking hairdryer. Despite that awfully, horrid moment I had with Baekhyun. Oh god, why was he even staring at my body? Wait, why did he even- I knew, it. I knew he was a ert, I bet he watches when he's alone. I kept banging my head on the wall with such despair every time the flashes of Baekhyun staring my body. God, please make it go away, that was so embarrassing.

My thoughts were interrupted when Jimin started to shoot me sudden groans and a loud cry.  Dear lord, not again,

"Don't worry Jimin, I'm here, Luna's here for you. Baekhyun's gonna come and bring us some food, okay?"  I said as I carried her and softly patted her back to ease her down.

Out of the blue, she became very cranky and started to throw tantrums at me. There were bits of shoving me, making me hard to hold her in my arms, I think it's most preferably to say it was like handling a malfunctioning robot.

"Will you stay still, Jimin, I said Baek-"

 

 

 

KNOCK, KNOCK.

 

 

Just then, my thoughts were relieved and I could finally get hold of Jimin.

 

"Where were you, Jimin had like a-"

I was wondering why Baekhyun suddenly looked away from me, and dropped the plastic bag he was holding, then I realised how bad Jimin was being aggressive, until my towel was on the floor, leaving me, stark .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. , ity .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I closed my legs and covered my s with my right hand, and left Jimin on the floor to take my towel, making it a bad idea. She pulled my hair, and I slightly screamed because of the torment. God, just kill me already, I'm ready for it. All I ever wanted was any piece of clothing that could cover my body, soul and most importantly, my pride.

 

 

"DON'T LOOK, BAEKHYUN. I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DO, I'M GONNA-" I yelled until Baekhyun's actions startled me.

"Screw that, the baby looks like she's going kill you already," he said while taking the towel and covering my body.

That, that soft tone of his, that surprised me. It made me stared into the air. He sounded like an angel, and for the first time in my life, I'm hearing such things from Baekhyun's mouth. Baekhyun was specifically the type of person who would always make jokes, and sometimes making fun of other people. I guess maturity does exist within him.

I wrapped myself with the towel and took my clothes that were merely dry. I smiled to myself before entering the bathroom to change my clothes, thinking, maybe I could get used to this 'matured' Baekhyun.

However, that very moment before I closed the door, the devil's spawn decided to take a visit through Baekhyun's body.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Besides, there was nothing really for me to see, and don't forget, don't you think you're keeping things way too long down there?" he smirked. Screw that, I knew he was silently laughing his off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THAT MOTHERING IMMA GONNA BOIL HIS-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luna, relax, honey relax, ignore this guy. It's just Baekhyun, never take this seriously. Honey just relax. Everything's going to be fine.

 

 

 

"And hurry up! I ran across Mr. Park's younger brother and he said he would take us to Mr. Park's," he screamed.

 

 

 

 

See honey, at least you've got some good news, we can finally send Jimin home and Mr. Park can finally reward us an A for-

, I just realise, he was taking advantage of us didn't he? How an I be so clueless about it? I am so gonna kill Mr. Park.

 

 

 

 

After that terrible commotion, I decided not to talk to Baekhyun, ever again, well only necessary. (But him anyways, I'm still pissed.) He somehow succeeded at feeding Jimin and we went down to meet Mr. Park's younger brother. As Baekhyun gave the key to the front desk, I saw her smiling at me while greeting goodbyes. And because of that stupid incident last night, I hold Jimin tight and looked at the floor while walking towards the nearest exit.  We saw his younger brother, waiting outside by the stairs, looking quite terrified, by the moment his eyes met Baekhyun's. I recognised him, he was one of those smart kids but he doesn't really say much. I didn't know he was related to Mr. Park, in fact, I didn't know Mr. Park was related to anyone in school.

 

"Hi, I'm Luna," I said, thinking I should introduce myself, since he would be taking us back to Mr. Park's.

"L-l-let's go, I bet hyung's waiting for you guys,"  he stuttered while slightly moving away from Baekhyun and showed us to his rather small yet cute car.

Damn, what is wrong with this guy? He looks like Grim Reaper's gonna take his soul away. Wait a minute, that's weird, Baekhyun's smirking. Oh , bad things happen when he smirks. It became awfully weird, especially when he tried his best to run away from Baekhyun. I shot a few glares at Baekhyun and pulled the hem of his shirt.

"Yah, what have you done to that kid? He looks like he's going to be eaten up by you or something. Wait, did you forced him to do this?"

"Well, let's just say, he did okay? Relax, besides, I know how much you and I want to get out of here and go home. So could you just go with the flow and don't protest anything?"

Well, he's got a point, I really need to go home right now. And , I haven't told my mum. Damn it, she must've been worrying about me.

All of us got into Mr. Park's brother's car and he drew us back to Mr. Parks, although it was quite an awkward ride, despite the long silence. I did thanked him after the ride, then in a jiffy he drove away quickly from his home, probably he had to run some errands I guess, or it was just Baekhyun scaring the out of him.

Out of luck, We found Mr. Park, on the floor, right in front of the main hallway.

"Do you think he's dead?" I asked Baekhyun.

"Nah, he's probably drunk,"

Baekhyun then shook him, but he didn't move an inch at all. Then, he started to get impatient.

"WAKE UP OLD MAN! I NEED TO GO HOME AND HOW DARE YOU LEAVE US WITH YOUR NIECE SO YOU COULD GO OUT AND GET DRUNK-"

"Alright I'm awake, I'm awake," Mr. Park suddenly rose from the floor, looking quite unsober.

"Aw, my two favourite students, my two precious, sweet, delicious, tasty-" He suddenly hugged us.

"Cut the crap talk, Mr. Park. I had enough drama, so don't just stand and smile at us. Don't you know what things we had to go through?" 

"Relax, Luna, don't be such a spoil, besides, it was just babysitting, what could possibly go wrong?" he asked.

We got chased by a wild policewoman, left stranded at a run-down motel, had a mental breakdown despite Jimin's unending screams, and got myself in such an inappropriate situation with Baekhyun. These are those 'what could possibly go wrong' things that happened, for God's sake.

I could see Baekhyun's veins popping out, seeing how stressed out he was talking to a rather unsober man, and tried his best to calm down. Well, eventually he didn't. 

"MR. PARK, IF YOU DON'T GIVE US AN A, I SWEAR OT GOD I WILL-"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Omma, Appa,"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

These two simple yet astonishing words surprised Mr. Park. He went from slightly drunk, to his serious self again. He suddenly took Jimin away from me and hugged her. He looked so happy and satisfied.

Both of us looked each other, wondering why was he so happy, well not until Mr. Park said something that left us both pondering about ourselves.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Those were her first words," Mr. Park exclaimed.