Three

When I Was.... When You Were....

Baekhyun

We ran for our lifes to the dining room. I could see Jimin by the edge of the table. Without any hestitation, we ran and jumped to the edge of the table with our arms held out to catch Jimin. At the same time, she fell into our arms.

Oh god, that was so close. He might have been dead right now. We were both laying on the floor with Jimin.

I did care about the baby, but what attracted me more was how close my face was to Luna's. , my heart's beating. Heart, keep your down!

We stared each other with deep breaths due to running. God, she's so beautiful. Had she always been this beautiful? Her pimples, they're gone now. I guess that was holding up Luna's beauty. Gosh, her eyes twinkled, like the stars. How does one's eyes even twinkle? , Baekhyun snap out of it!

All of a sudden, she laughed. It wasn't an angry or pissed off laughed, it was a genuine laugh.

Then, I realised. When was the last time Luna and I created so much trouble together? When was the last time Luna and I even talked to each other? When was the last time Luna and I even had fun together? When was the last time I even saw Luna smiled?

Our eye contact broke after hearing Jimin cried.

"Why are you crying?" she rose and patted Jimin'd back.

Then she started wailling. Oh God. Please make it stop.

"Baekhyun, check the list, what does it says?"

"It says, if Jimin's crying, it means she's hungry."

"What the hell are we're going to feed her?" 

"How the heck should I know? "

All I wanted right was the beer in my bag. , I really need to get drunk right now.

 

Luna

We went into the kitchen again to find some food for Jimin.

"Here, hold Jimin. I'm gonna take a look in the refrigerator."

I handed Jimin to Baekhyun. She's basicly screaming her heart out right now.

 

Alright what do we have here, eggs, lettuce, apple, some yogurt, carrots, apples, Wow, Mr. Park sure is a healthy person. A-ha! I found a small bottle labeled 'Organic Baby Food'. This will do. I took a bowl from the cabinet and scooped it out so I can feed Jimin.

"Here comes the choo-choo train," 

Come on Jimin, open your mouth so I can feed you. Instead, she refused and started to cry again.

"Come on Jimin, who's a good girl?"

Suddenly, Baekhyun gave some potato chips to Jimin. And this time, she ate it.

"Seriously, if you were Jimin, would you eat some organic yellow in a bottle?" he asked me with a sarcastic tone.

"Hey, no bad words in front of the baby! She's going to be corrupted by you. Come on, at least I tried to feed her healthy food. Anyways, where did you get the chips?"

"Here, in the upper cabinet. Look's like Mr.Park loves junk food." he pointed towards the cabinet.

I stand corrected.

"I don't think Mr. Park would noticed if we took some." he continued munching.

"Oh please you're always-"

And there goes for the second round of wailing. This time it seriously screeched my ears.

"Oh god what does she wants now! We gave her food already."

What could possibly be wrong this time?

"Yah, do something!" Baekhyun yelled.

"Do I look like a baby doctor to you? Do I look like I know what's wrong with her?!" I yelled back.

 

RING.

 

That sound made us both stopped fighting. We both at each other, thinking the same thing. I gestured Baekhyun to keep an eye on Jimin, while I made a run to the front door to open it.

"Thank god, Mr. Park you're here-"

Oh , that wasn't Mr. Park. What in the world is Taeyeon's mom doing here? In fact, how did she find me here?

Don't get me wrong, but honestly, Mrs. Kim and I were never at good terms. It all started the past summer when I accidently smashed her car with my skateboard. Hang on, it wasn't that bad. I would say dented, but I think she's just exaggerating. I remembered giving her a 90-degree bow and ran for my life. I'll never forget the rage on her face, she was indeed an angry person. I guess that's why Mrs. Kim and I were never at good terms, so did Taeyeon. I kept avoiding her, all my life in high school, especially when I found out Mrs. Kim was a policewoman, chief, to be exact.

At first, I was so shocked to see her, in a sleeping robe. She looks pissed, so I slammed the door back, man I know that's rude, but still, I'm scared of her.

I ran back to the kitchen and took a look at the list Mr. Park gave me.

Oh, quick note, if Mrs. Kim, my neighbour, comes by, it means that the baby's being too noisy. Oh, and you wouldn't like that, she's a scary and strong woman indeed.

, I'm screwed. I haven't even said sorry yet.

 

Baekhyun

What is wrong with this woman? Isn't Mr. Park coming in?

"Yah, where's Mr. Park? This baby is killing me, and my eardrums. God, I can't take any longer," I said while looking at Jimin, screaming her lungs out.

She was still staring in the mid-air, while holding the list Mr. Park gave as if her life depends on it. God knows what she's thinking. Now, where's that god damn teacher? I'm about to die with this baby right now. 

"That's it, I'm calling Mr. Park," I said while trying to sprint out of the kitchen and went to the front door and opened it.

Oh, who is this woman? Damn, she looks pissed.

"What's going on in here?" she stepped in, and she looked pretty furious. Thus, I took a step back.

"Oh, I'm sorry, but who are you? " I asked. 

"Look, I'm just here because it's been very noisy, young man. Would you mind telling me where was that young girl just now? It's been months and I need to have a talk with her."

I looked at her, curiously, she looked familiar, somehow. Her intense stare made me realised that I should call Luna. Then, I went into the kitchen. Oh man, where is she? She's supposed to take care of Jimin. Man, that baby's still crying her guts out.  I was about to curse when I saw Luna hiding behind the staircase looking so worried.

"Yah, what are you doing here?! That woman's calling for you, and no doubt she looks like she's gonna eat someone, and that someone ain't me for sure." I ranted.

"Look, I'M TRYING NOT TO PANIC HERE, but I did something wrong, okay? And that woman's gonna kill me anyway, she's a freakin cop-" she suddenly grabbed me by my collar.

Wait, a cop? What does she meant-  OH CRAP, MY BOOZE.

I let go of myself from Luna and sprinted to the main door, right beside a table where I put my bag just now. I stopped running, until I heard a small bang.

My bag, it was on the floor, soaking wet. 

"OH GOSH, I'm so sorry, it was an accident, I didn't mean to-" she picked up my bag and suddenly realised something.

And I, Byun Baekhyun, also realised something too, that I was going to be dead, in the next few seconds.

 

 

 

 

 

"Is this beer? Oh god, weren't you one of Taeyeon's friends? WAIT, AREN'T YOU STILL UNDERAGED-"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yup, that moment arrived. Congratulations, Baekhyun, you screwed up big time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, not until Luna showed up.

 

 

 

 

 

All of a sudden, I felt my right hand being taken by someone's touch, a soft yet aggressive one and being dragged away by a sound of a baby, giggling this time.

Have you ever felt like one of those moments where as everything went slow-motion, like there wasn't an end to it? Yup, these was one of my moments being like that.

My eyes met Luna's just like the first time I met hers, sparkling, dazzling, in a million ways I couldn't describe, showing, telling me, how to live life.

"Lets get the out of here," 

 

 

 

 

My heart laughed by itself, in all the crazy and dangerous moments of my life, my crazy heart had the time to laugh. 

What happened to not corrupting the baby?

I smiled, just like a ed up idiot. 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note.

I'm sorry, I forgot about this fic. Although it was short, I enjoyed writing it, and I hope you do too.