Chapter 3: Thank You

Before Midnight Strikes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The rest of the day pasts in a blink of an eye. The next thing Baekhee was doing was taking the bus back home. She sat beside Yoomi as Chorong sat in the seat beside them. Yoomi and Baekhee were talking about their first day, while Chorong stayed silent, texting someone.

"Chorong? What are you doing?" Baekhee asks, glancing at Chorong's moving fingers. Chorong just nods in reply.

"Yah! Nam Chorong!" Baekhee yelled at Chorong. Chorong was suprised and glances up, making a confused face.

"Yes Baekhee?" Chorong asks innocently.

"Who are you texting?" Yoomi decides to go straight to the point. Chorong turns a little red and looks out the window of the bus. She shrugs.

"Someone..." Chorong just answers blankly. They suddenly hear a little ding! at Chorong opens her phone. Yoomi was fast enough to notice two unread messages. 

"Unnie~ Who is that? Is it your boyfriend?" Yoomi nudges Chorong.  Before Chorong could answer, the bus stops at her stop.

"I'll tell you later" She just shrugs and gets off of the bus. Yoomi smiles at Baekhee.

"She's going out with someone." Yoomi tells Baekhee.

"It's about time she gets a lover" Baekhee replies. They both laugh for the rest of the bus ride until their stop. When Baekhee got off, She finds Yoongi waiting for Yoomi. Now that's a first Yoomi thought. As Yoomi eyed Yoongi strangely, Yoongi just smiles.

"C'mon sistah, let's go homey~" Yoongi says, doing some aegyo. Yoomi squirms in disguist. 

"Ew Yoongi what's wrong with you." Yoomi replies and walks towards her house. Baekhee stares at Yoongi. When Yoongi looks back, he smiles at Baekhee, showing his adorable gummy smile. Baekhee blushes.

"Bye Baekhee!" Yoongi yells as he chases his sister back to their home. Baekhee just stared at Yoongi, questioning what had just happened. He could see Yoongi playfully poking Yoomi's cheek, while Yoomi just slaps his hand. Baekhee thought Yoongi and Yoomi were adorable (as brother and sister) and she again finds herself jelous of Yoomi. 

"Bye Yoomi and Yoongi" She murmurs to herself as she walks towards the oposite direction of them towards her house. She couldn't believe that Yoongi talked to her again. Yoongi, the Kingka of the school, smiled at her. She was too excited and didn't notice that she was already in her house until she dropped her backpack onto the floor. She quickly ran to her bedroom and slammed the door shut. Her parents were visiting their friends so she was the only one home. Baekhee dropped onto her bed and burried her face into her pillow.

"Aish Baekhee. What's wrong with you... You're not imagining things are you?" Baekhee thought to herself. She lays on her bed for longer and before she knew it, she drifted out of reality. 

While Baekhee was quietly dozing off, Yoomi was still going crazy over Yoongi's sudden weird behavior. 

"Yah! Min Yoongi! What's wrong with you?" Yoomi screamed. Yoongi smiles.

"Nothing, I just want to spend some quality time with my sister" Yoongi says as he continues to poke Yoomi's cheeks. 

"Psh. Quality time my . What do you want?" 

"Mommy said swearing was bad" Yoongi says.

Yoomi rolls her eyes, storms off towards her room and slams the door. Yoongi smirks. He went to the kitchen and got an apple. He then sat on his couch and the TV.

"We're not sure what was the exact cause of the car accident. We know that the victims have been identified as Jung Baekhyung and Jung Songhee, both in their mid-forties. The accident happened just after 4 pm, near Seoul High. We will have more information on the accident after the break."

Yoongi sighed. Just some more news for him to listen to. He turned of the TV and ran towards his sister's room.

"Yah, Min Yoomi. Did you hear the news yet? There was a car crash near our school." Yoongi tells Yoomi. Yoomi barely lifts up her eyes.

"Mhm... that's cool" Yoomi mumbles and continues to do her homework. Yoongi curses under his breath.

"And they said that it happened just after school ended. Spooky right?" Yoongi smirks. Yoomi lifts her eyes from her book and glances at Yoongi. 

"Did they say who?" Yoomi asks quietly. Yoongi nods.

"They say the victims' names were Jung Baekhyung and Jung Songhye. I'm not sure but I think they said they were-" Yoongi was cut off when he notices his sister's shocked expression. "What? Did I say something?" Yoongi just asks.

Yoomi's eyes were still wide open. "J-J-Jung Baekhyung? J-Jung Songhee" Yoomi stammers.

"Yep. The news guy said they were both in their mid-forties..." Yoongi was cut off when Yoomi suddenly stands up.

"Oh crap." She says as she quickly makes her way to her phone.

"Why? Do you know who they are?" Yoongi asks with a raised eyebrow.

Yoomi dials a number. She glances at Yoongi nervously and says "Those are Baekhee's parents' names." The number she calls goes onto voicemail. She curses under her breath. Yoongi's eyes widen.

"Are you kidding me?" Yoongi asks carefully.

"I need to go." Yoomi pushes her brother out of her way.

"." was all Yoongi managed to say before Yoomi opens her door and runs towards Baekhee's house. Yoongi, having nothing to do and being worried, follows Yoomi out the door.

​•.•.•.•.•

"Yah! Jung Baekhee! Open the door!" Yoomi was banging on the door of Baekhee's house. No answer. Yoomi was suddenly getting worried. Not even noticing Yoongi that followed her, she opens the backyard door and climbs up a tree.

"What the hell are you doing?" Yoongi screams at Yoomi when he notices that her sister was climbing a tree that looked 10 feet tall. Yoomi was barely able to hear her brother. She climbs onto a stiff branch and makes her way to a window. The curtains were open, and Yoomi sighs as she sees Baekhee asleep on her bed. Since Yoomi had done this millions of times, she was able to open the window without breaking it, a secret she taught herself whenever she was sneaking into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter