Chapter 1: One Last Day

Before Midnight Strikes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

drip. drip. drip.

Baekhee stared out of her room's window. She noticed the light drizzle of rain tapping on her window, asking to come in. She shook her head. Ever since she was younger, she always had this soft spot for gloomy weather. She didn't know why, but it made her feel more calm and at ease. Baekhee got up and leaned against her window, watching a little squirrel run towards a tree. She smiled. Ahh, nature is beautiful. She then took her smartphone and called her best friend.

"Yoboseyo?" a male voice asked.

"Taehyung-ah. How are you?" Baekhee answered with a little hint of cuteness and mischief.

"Baekhee? Oh, I'm good. Why are you asking me?" Taehyung replied.

"Taehyung oppa~" Baekhee did a little aegyo on the phone.

"Aigoo Baekhee, what are you doing? What do you want?" He asked with a soft but questionable tone.

"Oppa~ I'm bored". Baekhee answered.

"Aish Baekhee, go pack your bag or something. School's starting tomorrow and I don't want you to be late. I'm busy right now. I'll text you later okay?"

"Okayy~ oppa. Have fun with whatever you're doing." Baekhee sighed and was about to hang up.

"Baekhee?" Taehyung suddenly said. Baekhee quickly grabbed her phone and put it back towards her ear. "Yes oppa? Are you going to come over?"

"Haha, that's why you called me right? Oppa's hanging up now~" Baekhee imagined Taehyung smirking at the other end.

"Aish. Bye." Baekhee replied coldly before hanging up. She looked at her phone and noticed a text message from Yoomi:

UNNIE WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!?!

Baekhee smirked as she replied. Yoomi seemed to be waiting as she quickly replied back to Baekhee. They had a short conversation before Yoomi had to go help her brother.

Baekhee: nothing much...

Yoomi: unnie~ I'm so boredd

Baekhee: I know right? There's nothing to do. Are you ready for school tomorrow?

Yoomi: Yep! I can't wait to see Chorong again! Oh and Jungkook and Taehyung.

Baekhee: That reminds me of something. How's your brother?

Yoomi: Aigoo you're still crushing on him aren't you?

Baekhee: maybee...

Yoomi: Aish well he's fine. As grumpy and sleepy as he can ever be.

Baekhee: oh.

Yoomi: Anyway I have to go. Yoongi's in the need of icecream at the moment...

Baekhee: haha okay. byee

Yoomi: ttyl unnie. AISH THAT LIL YOONGI

Baekhee fell on her bed, planting her face in the pillows. Oh how she wishes she was Yoomi, being able to see Yoongi everyday. But then again, whenever Yoomi talks about him, it's always about how he's a lazy, grumpy, and a pain in the . Baekhee couldn't help but smile. She couldn't wait to see her crush tomorrow at school. She suddenly opens her eyes, realizing what day it was tomorrow.  no... ugh school. She hated school. She hated the teachers, she hated the bullies, she hated the food. The only reason why she kept going was because Yoongi was at her school. 

Min Yoongi was Baekhee's crush. Of course, just like any other girl in the school, she fangirls about him. Coincedently, Yoongi was Yoomi's older brother. Well, they are actually considered twins, but Yoongi was just born 5 minutes before Yoomi. Yoomi always complains about her brother. She once told Baekhee that "I wish we weren't related. God he's such a pain in the ." 

Baekhee was about to get up when she recieved another text. This time, it was from her best friend, Taehyung. Baekhee had known Taehyung ever since she was 5 years old. Her mother was best friends with his mother. When they were younger, they would always go to a park and play. They were able to play together for hours and never get bored. Baekhee remembers the time when Taehyung and her first met. She remembers his exact words: "Annyeong~ you should call me oppa~". Taehyung always nagged Baekhee and told her to call him oppa. It seems like Taehyung loves being called oppa, and since he only has one older brother, he always treated Baekhee like a little sister that he never had. Baekhee honestly didn't mind the fact that she would call Taehyung oppa. She thought it was funny watching him get mad when she doesn't say it. Inside, she thought it was adorable. 

Baekhee quickly replied to Taehyung's text, not even knowing that she was smiling from ear to ear.

Taehyung: Okay i'm free. what are you doing now?

Baekhee: YAY! OPPA! Come over to my place so we can watch a movie or something~

Taehyung: Aigoo but shouldn't you be preparing for school tomorrow? We're going to graduate soon!!

Baekhee: Aish I don't care about school. I'd be suprised if I actually do graduate.

Taehyung: True.

Baekhee: Yah! I was joking.

Taehyung: Okay~ 

Baekhee: come over quickly before I fall asleep oppa~

Taehyung: Fine. I'll come in 5 minutes.

Baekhee smiled. She was finally going to do something. Waiting was killing her, and so she went to her bathroom to brush her hair. She didn't bother changing out of her pajamas, though, since Taehyung has already seen her in them. Baekhee was excited to know that she would finally be doing something on this boring Sunday. She didn't know what they were going to do, but Taehyung always manages to make her mood happy, even when she's dying on the inside. Although Taehyung was very caring, Baekhee never actuall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter