A gamble of a chat

What am I to you?

I grabbed my phone and hurriedly ran upstairs, muttering that I had some important university stuff to take care of. I shut my door  with a bang and dove onto my bed. 

I the notification on my phone screen once more and sighed in disbelief.

Am I over-reacting? We're already friends on Facebook.. What's the big deal that it's just another app? I realise I don't care at all. The important thing is that something just happened between us that was no longer my imagination. I click on his name and the app opens. 

It says he's online. 

Oh lord he's online. Do I talk to him?

no. Yes! No. Yes! No I'm too scared to do that.

I argued against my conscience, heart still racing uncontrollably. Finally, hands shaking,  I entered the chat room.

me: hiiii Julian! :D *enter*

I wait. No response. Two minutes passed as I lay there staring at the phone screen. It says he's offline now? No way... did he just ignore me?!! 

I feel my heart penetrating with disappointment and sadness but clear the screen in time when my twin sister walks into the room. She invites me to an episode of Running man. Who can decline such an invitation? I agree immediately and start to walk out of my room. Just before I left I glanced at my phone, now abandoned on my bed. It lay still, cold and empty.

Next door we were having much fun indeed. Lee kwangsoo never fails to disappoint! 

But far away.. Far in the quarters of my room, I heard an infallibly recognisable sound. 

Whoosh.

My phone. A message.