Six

The Oddest Place to Find Gravity

Chanyeol never wanted this; he never wanted to hurt Baekhyun. Hell, he just wanted to wrap the shorter with his body and make sure he feels nothing but happiness. And maybe also lust. But no, he for a reason unknown to him, hurt Baekhyun. Chanyeol sat there for a whole hour, his mind unable to grasp the situation. How was he to explain his feeling for Baekhyun, he didn't know hot to put it words. He was never one to spell out his emotions, no, he expressed it through actions. And god help him, he showed it quite clearly to Baekhyun. Chanyeol held his hand and hugged him when they slept, and he kissed him. Chanyeol kissed him. After that he... , it is my fault. Everything made sense to him. Guilt crept up his skin as he strode to the bedroom. Opening the door slowly, the sight of Baekhyun laying at the edge of the bed increased the guilt. Chanyeol knew he did wrong, he just didn't know how to make it better. Walking towards the closet, he donned a short only; he covered the main parts, nothing else mattered. Only when he settled behind Baekhyun, did Chanyeol realize that the shorter wasn't asleep; he had memorized the way his shoulder moved with every breath.

"Baek.." He said softly, almost inaudible. Said person moved his head to the side, almost burying his face onto the pillow; an indication that yes he is awake and no he doesn't want to speak. Sighing as he studied Baekhyun back, he couldn’t believe how idiotic he was.

“Look, I know you’re not asleep, I mean your back gives you away… might wanna practice your acting,” Chanyeol started, trying to lighten up the atmosphere “I’m sorry.”

Baekhyun surprised by the sudden apology flinched, blowing away his cover, its not like he was doing a good job at it anyway. But curiosity coursed through him as to why Chanyeol was apologizing.

“You see, I didn’t mean to—no I wante— wait, I wanted it but I didn’t mean it. No that sounds wrong, just… I didn’t mean to force myself on you, I just thought that maybe if I showed affection that you’d, at some point, maybe feel the same way. I thought that if you knew how much i wanted you, wanted to kiss you, then.. you know, you’d feel the same way too.”

Baekhyun’s breathing became ragged as his eyes stung with tears; he couldn’t decipher Chanyeol’s words. He was sick of shattered hopes, scared to accept it, he was honestly tired. Neither him nor Mother Nature though, could stop the fizzing emotions flooding his veins. Hope.

“I guess I hoped.” So did I. “I hoped that you’d feel the same,” Chanyeol breathed the last words. His heart tightened when Baekhyun turned around, he expected anger or relief but all he saw was that Baekhyun was confused.

“What are you talking about?” Baekhyun asked, “What force?”

“Uh, didn’t you overhear the conversation with Jongin?” Chanyeol asked cautiously, but Baekhyun remained frozen with shock. So he continued “I thought you might have heard me talking to Jongin about you, and got disgusted…  I’m sorry.”

“I didn’t hear any of your conversations with Jongin,” Baekhyun spoke slowly, making sure he wasn’t jumping into conclusion.

“You didn’t?” Baekhyun shook his head, denying the statement. “Then… wait. Did I just confess my feelings” Chanyeol belatedly realizing his actions.

Baekhyun looked at him hopefully as a bashful smiled found its way. The blush spread across Chanyeol’s cheeks was beyond adorable in Baekhyun’s perspective. The taller frowned slightly before he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s small frame and tugging him flush against his own body. But Baekhyun didn’t have enough of Chanyeol’s blushing face so he craned his neck away from the taller guy’s nape, only to feel a hand on the back of his head forcing it to return to it original place. Unable to keep his contentment controlled, Baekhyun started giggling which soon turned into a throaty laughter, and he heard Chanyeol mutter something about how it isn’t funny. The tension and heavy emotions between them dissipated into nothing, as the light atmosphere was lingering in the air.

“If you keep laughing against my neck, I can’t promise I’ll hold back” Chanyeol growled in attempt to stifle Baekhyun’s laughter. The sudden hitch in his breath was more than an indication that he was successful.

 

--

Jongin had called Baekhyun and Chanyeol and asked to meet up in a cafe nearby. Sitting by the window, the couple waited patiently for their friend; making small chats every now and then, but for the most part, they enjoyed the silence. It was a new sensation, knowing how the other felt; the feelings being mutual. However, they weren't excited about meeting Jongin, since it meant he had gotten the book and was most likely going to remove the spell. But that didn't mean they weren't shocked seeing Kyungsoo trailing behind Jongin, walking rather oddly.

"Oh my god," Baekhyun shrieked, he knew that walk very well, oh so well, "you did it?”

Jongin's face flushed and Kyungsoo merely looked at him with his well-known poker face. Chanyeol's eyes widened as he kept alternating his glares from the standing two, and Baekhyun "what?"

"I can't believe it, I cannot believe this" Baekhyun started going hysterical, "are you even dating?"

Jongin must have been spending a lot of time with Kyungsoo, for at the moment none of them responded to Baekhyun, they merely looked at him without any particular expression.

"They're not eve-- we" he pointed at Chanyeol and himself, "are even... Are we dating?"

"Uhh, we both confessed so I guess yea," Chanyeol responded meekly.

"Yea, and we're okay with commitment right?"

"Yes. Yes we are."

"So yea, we’re dating and we haven't done it yet." Kyungsoo's eyes softened at the news, the ends of his lips tilting upwards slightly. Baekhyun's heart melted at the sight of his friend being happy for him.

"Thank you," Baekhyun said, ignoring the confused looks Chanyeol was giving. "But we're having a talk after this. Yes, yes it means something. Don't give me that crap."

"Baek.. Are you talking to yourself?" Chanyeol peered, only earning both Jongin and Baekhyun rolling their eyes at him.

"You'll get used to it," Baekhyun reassured Chanyeol.

-

"So we're still stuck with each other," Baekhyun sighed as he stepped into the familiar apartment. The reason Jongin called them both, and dragged Kyungsoo along, was to tell them that the guy who had the book has yet to return. Even though 2 weeks had passed, he was nowhere to be found, and they can't even contact him.

"What? You're sick of me already?" Chanyeol feigned shock in his voice, earning a playful glare from Baekhyun before his eyes shot wide open.

". I forgot to talk to Kyungsoo, ah god damn it."

"Are you sure they did it?" Chanyeol curiously asked.

"Yes! I'm sure, hundred percent sure. I know it. I know that walk,"

"That's so we-- what?"

"What what?" Baekhyun knew exactly what Chanyeol was asking about. His thoughts slipped out his tongue, and he had no escape. But he didn't expect Chanyeol to become jealous; even though Baekhyun was envious of Jongin he didn't think the other would feel that way. At least not this soon.

"No, nothing" Chanyeol let it pass; suddenly he rubbed his stomach in discomfort.  Baekhyun noticed the discomfort, and asked if he was feeling unwell, getting an unclear reply from the taller.

He tired, Chanyeol tried really hard not to take his status for granted. It’s been only a day since they started dating and he did not want to mess it up. Usually it wouldn’t have been this easy to hide his green monster, but the pain in his stomach helped him forget his jealousy.

An hour or so passed, and the discomfort in his abdomen area was increasing. Baekhyun hated to see him in pain, and he wasn’t sure of what to do until it struck him. He’ll do what he does best, massage.

After so much struggle and convincing, Baekhyun managed to hold down Chanyeol as he sat on said person’s hip. It was suggestive, yes, but Baekhyun had to keep him some way so he could massage him.

Okay maybe it wasn’t a smart idea to lift Chanyeol’s shirt; Baekhyun hesitantly pressed the heel of his palm against Chanyeol’s abdomen. Both men were looking away with flushed faces. And despite the risque situation Chanyeol found himself in, the massage was actually helping.

Baekhyun reminded himself that this was for the benfit of Chanyeol, that his one day old boyfriend was in pain and he was to help him. That this was not about Baekhyun oogling session. Suppressing his catastrophe of a heart, Baekhyun took in a shaky breath and tried to calm his fidgety fingers

As usual, the taller couldn’t help but let out a moan at the work of Baekhyun’s hand. With each press of finger, each palm moving all over the plane of his chest, the sensation was delightful. Baekhyun didn’t know why he was moving towards Chanyeol’s chest when his stomach was clearly only what he needed to massage, but the taller wasn’t complaining so he kept at it, not leaving any place untouched. His fingers softly dragging along the dips caused by his protruded abs, Baekhyun found himself forgetting to massage for a second as he relished the touch but soon regaining back his senses.

Chanyeol felt his abdomen constrict with every subtle touch, neck constraining to the side with the sensation of his tension bleeding out of his muscles, eyes fluttering shut to relish the moment with the pain subsiding. Yet, as Baekhyun would venture higher, Chanyeol would peer his eyes open trying to search for the truth behind his action. His heart would skip a beat, taking a dip into the depth of an unknown space, when Baekhyun's eye would meet his to look away as quick with a bashful smile accompanying his lips.

His thumbs moved firmly in a descending order, going back up he pressed it again downwards. Baekhyun was not ready for what happened after it. The elder found himself flung to the side, but when he registered what occurred his laughter was loud and clear, and was audible down the corridor of their apartment.  

Chanyeol apparently had gases, when Baekhyun was massaging him, he successfully moved down the gasses and before he was able to suppress it, Chanyeol let out a small fart. He didn’t mean to laugh, but the sound kept replaying in his mind, and Chanyeol’s shocked and embarrassed face was beyond adorable.  The taller ran into their room, slamming the door shut but Baekhyun couldn’t stop laughing.

 

After what seemed forever, the elder dried his tears and took in huge gulps of air, calming himself down. Guilt slowly seeped in as he walked towards the door of their bedroom. He called out Chanyeol, but heard nothing in return. Baekhyun kept cooing and apologizing to Chanyeol, but the latter didn’t respond. After pleading for a solid five minute, the taller opened the door slowly, his eyes glued to the floor and face beet red. Another laughing fit was about to erupt from Baekhyun, but he knew otherwise. The shorter hesitated slightly but took his chance as he threw himself in Chanyeol’s embrace, they were a day old but it felt like years.

“Why are you locking yourself up?” Baekhyun spoke softly, as if he was scared that he might say something wrong.

Chanyeol mumbled incoherent words with a frown on his face, as his arms naturally slide around Baekhyun’s smaller frame. Baekhyun moved his hand from the back of chanyeol and circled his thumb over Chanyeol’s face in attempt to sooth his frown.

“We’re together now, right? so it’s fine” baekhyun spoke slowly, trying to convince the taller. But getting a shrug in response and a deeper frown. “Chanyeol,” he said sternly, making said person look at him in the eye, “It’s fine.”

“But embarrassing,” Chanyeol mumbled while looking away, he couldn’t face Baekhyun. And to that, baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol’s face so that he would look at him in the eye.

“Do you want me to fart then? would you mind if i farted?”

“Of course not” Chanyeol replied quickly, shocked that the other would even think of that.

“Exactly! Thats how i feel. It doesnt matter if you farted or not,” Baekhyun let go of his grip on the taller’s face and returned it to the back of Chanyeol. Chanyeol didn’t reply, hoping that his tight hug would deliver his message, his thankfulness towards the person in his embrace.

And it did.

 

------

This is probably the weirdest and most anticlimatic ending to a chapter ever (WHAT HAPPENED TO ME?! ;-;)

Anyway, here is another chapter.

Comments are much appreciated.