Seven

The Oddest Place to Find Gravity

Jongin walked Kyungsoo back home from the cafe, it was the least he could do for the limping elder. He did cause him to be that way, but if he thought otherwise, the elder certainly seemed to have enjoyed it. So jongin didn’t let it bother him much.

Kyungsoo’s mother, who now was used to seeing Jongin daily, simply told them to head upstairs. Which, they did, Kyungsoo however headed straight for the bathroom, apparently he drank too much mint lemonade. It was the only way to evade the glares sent by Baekhyun. Jongin skimmed through Kyungsoo’s room as usual, the difference between his room and the elder’s always got to him. Despite the cleanliness, there was always a book laying on the table. One would think after the incident of Jongin finding out the first time, he’d learn but nope, he hadn’t. Which made the younger chuckle. This time there were two books, one was open the other had a bookmark. Jongin pondered over the fact that the person, who was now currently in the bathroom, is reading two books consecutively. his hand automatically hovered over the open one, and then held it around to read its title, Mars and Venus in the bedroom.

“Hyung,” he called out loud enough for the elder to hear him, “shouldn’t you read mars and mars? why are you reading about venus as well?”

“Local library,” Kyungsoo yelled back. Although it was only two sentences, Jongin understood that he would not find anything related to same relationship in a local library. Jongin doesn’t know how he understands the other, but he does and quite frankly, it makes him happy. He wants to understand Kyungsoo, know how he thinks, what he thinks of, without it being spelt out.

After placing down the book, the book that was previously underneath it looked familiar to Jongin.

“Oh… OH!” seems like the guy who borrowed the book gave it back while they went away, as it sat there on Kyungsoo’s table. Jongin was happy that he could finally undo the spell between Chanyeol and Baekhyun, not that it would be important now since they’re dating. He opened the page which the bookmark was placed in, curiosity as to which spell did that mysterious guy wanted. . Jongin couldn’t help but let out a laugh, seems like both Kyungsoo and his friend need to get a bit of it. The paper still remained inside, Jongin knows because he had to make that paper himself for Chanyeol and Baekhyun. He however, didn’t think it’d work so he threw it away without thinking twice. Jongin, being his curious and stubborn self, opened the folded paper, and how he wished he didn’t.

His name was written on it, and so did Kyungsoo’s. his mind desperately searched for reasons, excuses, anything, but he couldn’t think. there were too many things at once, and it hurt, it hurt so much. Jongin felt a dagger with needles around it, stab his heart continuously. He was confused, he felt betrayed, scared as well. Kyungsoo casted a spell on him. Kyungsoo casted a spell on Jongin. For jongin to sleep with him. He needed to scream, yell, to let it all out but apparently Kyungsoo rubbed off on him for no words formed no matter how much he tried. His eyes stung as tears threatened to fall.

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo’s soft voice wavered as he called out for the younger. If it were any other day, Jongin would’ve smiled hearing his name being said, but it was not any other day. An explanation is all he needed, but he was scared to hear it out. Kyungsoo’s face looked stricken with fear, and he did not explain. Jongin’s eyes searched for any excuse in the other’s eyes, but all he saw was fear.

So he left, Jongin left Kyungsoo’s room, ignoring the questions for the elder’s mother. A part of him hoped, wished that Kyungsoo would run after him, telling him that it was a misunderstanding, that he thought wrong, but he walked away with no one behind him.

-

“What’ll we do if we don't get the book before university starts?” Baekhyun starts, as he emptied the contents from the pan to the plate. University opens up in two days, but still they didn’t hear from Jongin or Kyungsoo.

“oh! i didn't think of it” Chanyeol replied while pouring orange juice in a cup.

“Right?”

“Actually” Chanyeol thought for a second before continuing, “it’s fine. we have add and drop on the first week, and I have to take electives so I’ll take your classes.”

Leave it to chanyeol. Baekhyun was truly amazed by how fast the other had thought, it took him a whole day and no result, but it took Chanyeol less than a minute.  

“I didn’t think of that,” Baekhyun looked mesmerized by the person facing him. Chanyeol only chuckled before sitting and grabbing the fork. The shorter male however, was still in awe, simply gazing at Chanyeol. When the latter realized that, he requested for Baekhyun to sit down and eat. Maybe it was the increasing respect the shorter had for him, but Baekhyun did not let a second slip to do as he was told.

“I need to take two more electives, so we can split our classes” Baekhyun spoke after snapping out of awestruck.

“I think I need three, so we’ll have five courses which is good.” a saint, this person before baekhyun is a saint. Thus the return of baekhyun being in awe.

 

“Stop staring at me,” Bhanyeol mumbled with food stuffed in his mouth. Chanyeol didn’t mind at first, it was nice getting some attention. But the constant gaze was making him feel things that were not necessarily appropriate.  He knew it was the wrong time and occasion for such thoughts, he did, but he couldn’t stop himself.

However, it then hit him. if they were now a couple, then it would be absolutely allowed to take things to the next level.  Although it’s been only less than a week that they're together, they were practically married for almost three weeks now. And he’s pretty sure married couples do it on their first night.

Baekhyun was able to see the transition of Chanyeols face expression. It started as soft and bashful whilst chewing, and slowly it turned into a dark gaze as he swallowed his food making his adam's apple bob.

“Baekhyun,” chanyeol said huskily, causing a shiver to run up his spine.

“What?” his voice filled with hesitation.

“Baek” almost a whisper and Baekhyun was suddenly aware of everything. An immediate “no” escaped Baekhyun’s lips. Chanyeol was trying to seduce him in their kitchen. Baekhyun couldn’t take it in, it didn’t sink in until he felt Chanyeol’s hand cover his over the table.

It wasn’t that Baekhyun didn’t want Chanyeol, if anything he certainly did desire the taller. It’s just that, he needed to prepare himself, mentally that is.

“you don’t want to do it?” chanyeol felt his heart sunk at the refusal of his lover.

“I do,” baekhyun quickly replied and he couldn’t miss the relief shown in chanyeol’s face, “I do, but I’m not ready for it.” That seemed to do the trick, for Chanyeol smiled and squeezed Baekhyun’s hand but the fiery gaze was long gone. The taller placed a chaste kiss on Baekhyun’s knuckles, which sent jolt of electricity throughout his body, and Baekhyun was suddenly thinking he shouldn’t have stopped chanyeol.

-

"Jongin please, wait. Let's talk, okay?" Kyungsoo pleaded. He entered Jongin’s room after greeting his family. Realizing that the other wouldn’t even look at him, he did what he detested the most, but what he needed to do.

"I don’t want to.  Please leave." Jongin replied rather harshly, eyes showing nothing but determination.

"No, no Jongin there has to be a way around this. You can't just end this."

"I did Kyungsoo."

"God damn it Jongin! You can't just ing leave." He was frustrated, and his voice kept wavering and cracking up, because he barely spoke and here he was.

"Kyungsoo," the younger started, he was was angry, raging but a part of him wanted to calm down. The elder was talking, he was saying sentences that are more than two words, and Jongin wanted to cry.

Jongin is the bone marrow embedded deeply in Kyungsoo’s bones, the blood coursing through his veins, the heart that keeps the blood pumping, the soul within him. Without Jongin, Kyungsoo isn't just a body without a life, he isn't anything.

Kyungsoo is nothing without Jongin.

It took him five days of solitary confinement, of being alone with his thoughts to realize this. That Jongin was everything Kyungsoo search for in a person. Kyungsoo wanted Jongin, needed him.

The warmth he wakes up to every morning, the laughter shared with their friends, the shy and sly smiles secretly exchanged, the heavy tension when they stare, the heat when they end. Jongin is the feelings Kyungsoo goes through. Every atom no, every electron, neutron and proton that makes up Kyungsoo consists of Jongin. So it crushes him to see the other leave.

"Please" kyungsoo spoke firmly.

"Leave. Me. Alone" He seethed.

"No, you have to listen to me!" Jongin turned around to reach the door, in aims to make the other leave.

"Please, Jongin no." Kyungsoo grabbed his shoulders, "you can't leave me, you can't please. I don't know what to do without you" his voice wavered as he spoke.

"You'll be fine, just work some spell, won’t you? lie at me again! it was easy for you the first time " Jongin tried speaking without cracking his voice, and took a forceful step forward trying to let go of Kyungsoo’s grip on him.

"Jongin!" Kyungsoo slammed his knees to the floor, kneeling behind Jongin, grasping onto his legs "I'm begging you, don't go. Please, please, plea--" his voice lost within his sobs as tears began to trickle down. How did a guy who was once full of confidence and pride end up on his knees begging ONE person to stay?

"Kyungsoo..."

"Jongin, please" he tightened his grip.

"Kyungsoo please stand up, don't do this to yourself"

"You're doing this to me! Jongin only you can do this to me. You can't ing leave me!"

"Just stand up" it wasn't an easy decision for Jongin. He was attached to Kyungsoo as much as the latter was attached to him. But how could he simply allow himself to go back to him. They weren’t anything in the first place. It wasn’t him that was making the decisions, it was the spell. Nothing existed in the first place. He felt hollow, empty, and betrayed.

He tugged his legs away from Kyungsoo;s grasp, making the latter fall forward, using his hands for a better landing. Jongin took this chance and strode to the door. Kyungsoo quickly stood up ignoring the growing pain on his wrist, and grabbed Jongin’s hand halting his steps.

"Kyungsoo let go" kyungsoo spoke softly.

"No"

"Please, just, just leave."

"No"

Jongin wouldn't dare to look Kyungsoo in the eyes, his resolve would melt instantly, so he kept his eyes glued to the familiar floor.

"Will you leave me alone! I can’t stand you anymore." he wasn't sure if he was saying it to jongin or to himself.

"I can't let you just leave. Jongin I love you, I ing love you" he roared. "How do you expect me to just let you go? I'm sorry but I can't, I can't..."

Everything after that was a blur, Jongin had managed to push the other out, and jongin crashed onto the floor crying endlessly until his body could handle no more as he fell into a slumber.