Risky Behavior

The American

Jimin walked home feeling slightly attacked, but also very happy. Of all the men in Army, he had the hardest time actually finding women before Jin got to them. His height issue did not help him out in a club full of four-inch heels. He brushed his fingertips were her soft lips had pressed themselves onto. The door sounded as he walked through; the youngest member who was very excited to be getting dinner greeted Jimin. “Hyung! What did you bring me,” the dark haired boy asked. Holding up the plastic shopping bag Jungkook could tell that Jimin had bought the goods. “Cheese! Jimin I love you,” he gave his elder a quick hug before running into the kitchen to start the water.

“Yeah,” Jimin dusted off his shoulder, “As of tonight I’m also the baller of the house.” He plopped the bag on the counter, grabbed himself bottled water from the refrigerator. Hoseok was at the table at his laptop looking through more security tapes, and sadly Buzzfeed. He was somewhat addicted to the website and though he hated most of it he keep coming back to it.

“What the hell are you talking about,” Hoseok asked. His tone was fueled by anger because he got Olaf instead of Elsa on his What Frozen Character Are You Quiz. He felt that the ice queen accurately described who he was, not some happy go lucky snowman. Jimin with a smirk took the seat across from Hoseok to begin his story.

“So the girl Tae gets going on about works at the convenience store and I went to the same store. I’m going through the aisles and I’m giving her the eye. She’s got these amazing lips and her eyes are so y. Her voice has that sweet draw to it, but it’s still a little harsh. Well I pay for the food and I flirt a little. Right before I leave she grabs my collar, kisses me right there under the neon signs. Then she disappears into the back of the store.” Taehyung had smelled the beginnings of ramen dinner and ran down the stairs in time to hear the last part of Jimin’s story.

“Chick’s name is Evelyn and I am down to kiss that again,” Jimin his lips at the thought of it. The color began to drain in Taehyung’s face, his lower lip jutted out beyond his upper lip. Silently, he crept behind Jimin to smack him on the back of the head. “What the man!”

“I saw her first Frogmin!”

 

“Well she kissed me,” barked Jimin. “Plus you have a boyfriend, dickhead.” Speak of the devil and he shall appear, Jin walked into the kitchen unsuspecting to grab dinner but ended up in the middle of the flame war. “Are you trying to say you own women because that’s an thing Tae and you know it!”

“Ladies,” Jin cooed softly, “You’re both beautiful. Now where’s dinner.”

 

“Shut the up Jin!” the boys all yelled in unison. The playboy proceeded to sulk into a stool. Taehyung rolled his eyes while he unwrapped pieces of cheese for the noodles Jungkook started to boil.

“Can I have some one nice for once? Damn,” Taehyung cursed out loud. Jungkook bumped him in the hip.

“Hyung,” the younger one pleaded. “You’re not supposed to curse, your blood pressure will shoot up through the roof.”

“I’ll say what the ever I want,” the blonde snapped. The dark haired boy’s face grew a bit grim at the backlash. “Sorry, Kookie I lost it a bit.”

 

“Can someone tell me what’s going on now,” asked Jin from his spot on the stool. “Help a brother out.”  Hoseok answered him without looking up from his next quiz.

“Jimin kissed Evelyn and your boyfriend is pissed because he saw her first.”

 

“Am not!”

“Yes,” Hoseok said with a rub to his temples, “You are mad.” This time his quiz told him he was ninety four percent like Chad Danforth, but he knows that he really is Sharpay Evans. Besides, Hoseok knows he can’t play ball to safe his life. He is a dancing man through and through, “Now could everyone shut the up?”

A series of damns and apologizes were exchanged as Jimin decided to take this conversation upstairs. Much to Jin’s disapproval, Taehyung followed with clenched fists. “What’s so great about this chick anyway?” The broad shouldered boy questioned, “It’s just a girl, God.”

“You’re turning green, Hyung!” Jungkook said as he placed the steaming bowl of instant noodles on the table. Jin hopped to his feet to check the mirror. “It’s a figure of speech Jin,” the youngest sighed. “Dinner is ready boys!” Upon the meal call, Suga and Namjoon mosied into the kitchen, taking their normal seats on either side of Hoseok. “Could you turn your laptop off Hobi? Let’s have a nice family dinner, yeah?”

“But I don’t want-“ a pout from Jungkook stopped the idea of computers at the dinner table quickly. “Fine, whatever.” A smile re Jungkook’s face as he put a big helping of noodles in front of the boy.

 

“Enjoy fellas,” his smiled widened as the rest of Army sat down for dinner. Jin was still checking for signs of green while Taehyung flicked the peas from his noodles across the table at Jimin. This was common between the two however, they even fought over a cereal box prize. No one took this spat to heart until Taehyung very silently got up, placing his dishes in the sink. “Hyung? You didn’t very much.”

“I’m going out,” he announced, making a bee line for the front door. He slipped out before Jin could even protest. The front door sounded and shut with a dull thud. Taehyung knew he wasn’t actually mad at Jimin, he was just a tad jealous perhaps. I’m more attractive than Jimin, what the hell. He got to the corner of the street, he would’ve turned to walk by the convenience store but it would be closed. He turned the other way, towards a very neon section of town. The part he knew Jin would frequent, even if his boyfriend refused to admit it.

 

 

Taehyung walked the next couple blocks very quickly, keeping his eyes focused in front of him. He knew if he looked to the sides he’d get a full view of the most “EXO”-tic women. Though these gentlemen establishments are usually very neutral when it comes to Taehyung’s line of a work, the other big boys in Seoul, EXO, are funding a few of these clubs. That’s partly the reason why Jin hung around there so much, trying to break up any hold other gangs had over the clubs. He was also very fond of the female dancers, Taehyung groaned at the thought of his ever so troublesome boyfriend. How am I still in love with him?

 

Taehyung paused in front of the tinted glass doors of Bounce as he looked for an answer. He smirked to himself and recalled all the reasons he loved Jin. He loved the way Jin’s eyebrows furrow when he’s concentrating, his plump princess lips, and the list continued as the bouncer let Tae in the club. The music was blasting through the subs almost knocking his knees together. He took a seat at the bar, greeting the bartender sweetly before asking for a gin and tonic. “Anything new Jr.?” Taehyung asked the bartender when he placed the drink before him.

 

“Ah, did someone actually come for some action tonight? Now I’m a little hurt you didn’t come to see me,” Jr. laughed. He was another member of GOT7, but he never got into anything very serious. He was the owner of the Bounce and as far as Tae knew was just a sugar daddy for the group. Jr. had made up some intricate way to filter a popular white powder that not only made it stronger but also cleaner for the body. By selling his formula off with GOT7 he made a killing, enough to fake his own death. Afterwards he created his new identity, bought a club, and has been goofing off ever since. “Is something wrong,” Jr. asked a zoned out Taehyung.

 

“Look,” Taehyung rolled his eyes. “I want to feel a little excitement. Jin’s being an idiot as usual and I keep getting cut off at home. Don’t get me wrong, I love Jungkook, but it’s like trying to with the Mary watching you. You just don’t do it.” He took a long sip of his bitter drink. “How come there’s no umbrella on this dammit!”

 

“Chill V, I’m the barkeep not a TV show talk host. Luckily for you, I hired a few new girls. A couple college girls moonlighting for a little extra funds, some are international students. How’s that sound for excitement?” Taehyung couldn’t place if Jr. sounded like an enthusiastic camp consoler or a coked out clown. But he didn’t care at the moment.

 

“Hit me up with one of those new girls,” he picked himself up from his chair and followed where Jr. motioned. “Thanks buddy.” The music quieted down as he headed back to the rows of single bedrooms, an attractive woman at a desk flashed a brief smile as Taehyung approached. “Can I get a room?” He flashed a silver card to the woman, she pulled a out of a desk drawer.

 

“Ruin those sheets and I’ll charge you, whether you’re friends with Jr. or not. You know the drill now, the face of the girl is on the door. If it’s green it’s open; red means off.” She huffed, “Why are you still standing here, go!” He took the hint and , heading down the dimly lit hallway. The older girls where located in the first few doors, Yoona’s name painted on with golden paint, Classy. The end of the hall housed the new hires, Britney, he read off the door. She was a very tan and blonde young woman with a frosty pink lip gloss according to her headshot. Mmmm, he walked past when he heard intense thuds from the other side. Yikes. He checked the door handle of the next room, green for go. Here goes nothing, Taehyung told himself as he entered the room. The low lighting caused him to squint in order to adjust to the lighting, or the lack there of it.

 

 

“Please take a seat on the bed,” a sultry voice asked in English. “You understand, right?” He did as told and plopped on the bed. “Strip your pants.”

“Okay?” He unbuckled his fly, “Where are you? I hear you but-”

“Shush,” the voice called; the bathroom door swung open. The pale light cascaded around her shoulders, blocking her face. Her legs were slightly bruised, yet appealing to Taehyung. She stood there in the doorframe dressed in a thick white slip. “Oh ,” she looked over his face and realized that she knew him. “Get out!” In her eyes was a sense of panic fueled by weird undertone of suspicion. Evelyn put the doorframe between herself and Taehyung, looking down to avoid his eyes. Taehyung could hear the very faint pitter patter of water, tears.

 

“What’s wrong,” he buttoned up his pants. “Did I offend you?” He took a small step toward her, next thing he knew he was pinned to the ground with a very boney elbow. He looked into the eyes of his attacker. “Evelyn?”

Her elbow dug harder into him, “Why do you people keep bothering me? First your friend at the store, now you bother me here?” She let up on her death jabs, “Stop it you idiot.” Evelyn rose from the floor and retrieved her drink from the bathroom, a clear tumbler full of an alcoholic concoction to ease the nerves. Her eyeliner covered the already dark circles under her eyes, she looked like the image of a fallen saint- tarnished and empty.

 

Not believing in the tough act, Taehyung asked, “Do you need money?” The question made her pause mid-sip, she downed it at a rapid pace. “I’m serious. I know you work at the convenience store, but you don’t have to become one of these girls.” Not that Taehyung had anything against these es, many where his friends before they fell into their occupations. Like Jin, he concerns himself with the safety of the women in their neighborhood. It’s the first law of Army: Never let some one innocent take a bullet. “I can get you a job,” he rolled to his feet and offered her his hand, “On one condition that is.”

She looked up from the ice in her glasses and met his gaze with her dull eyes. The broken stare stirred the emotions of empathy within the young man. “Yes, Taehyung,” she replied to him, her voice sweet with promise.

 

“I’ll hire you to deliver packages and complete some simple chores. But, you have to move in with me and the other boys.” This wasn’t the first time Army has sheltered someone in their own home, they had taken in members of GOT7 for periods of time when it was risky. But they’ve yet to live with a woman for more then forty-eight hours. “You’ll have to stop coming here, but you’ll have your own room I swear.”

 

“What do I have to do?” she set down her glass on the bathroom counter. Her eyes gazed upon him in anticipation.

 

“Like I said, deliver some packages. That’s it,” he repeated. She smiled at his answer and retreated to the bathroom to retrieve a dark navy coat and small suitcase. “Is that all your things?”

“You don’t need a lot when you’re a poor college student,” her smile started to break. “Right?” She buried herself in her coat and waited for him at the door to the hall. “Well then,” she paused to look back at him, “Take me home.”

 

A/N Well guys, this took WAY longer than I thought it would to update. I still haven't updated my other work, but I have been into an ungodly amount of school work. Not to mention I just finished up being in a big musical, comment below if you've ever heard of Bye Bye Birdie! I'll hopefully be getting back into the swing of updating regularly. Thank you again for your support as always! I can't wait to hear what you think (please let it be nice). <3