The Streets

The American

     Suga’s favorite thing to do, besides sleep, was cruising the streets of Seoul in search of answers. He grew up watching cop shows and got pretty good at interrogating people. Though he mainly played bad cop roles, he could still get his job done quickly. He and Taehyung walked down the alleys with watchful eyes on the roofline. Tae was a bit jumpy in fact. “Hey man,” Suga gave him a pat on the back to which the other flinched widely.

     “Jesus Suga,” Taehyung sighed, “How can you be so calm right now? Are you stoned right now?”

     “Don’t be ridiculous, I never smoke on the job.”

     “Then you’re just stupid. There’s a sniper keen on gang assassinations and you’re just peachy. Thank God you’re pretty.”

     Suga grabbed him by the collar, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

     “Nothing damn!” Taehyung pushed him away, “Can we get this meeting over and go home?” The two stepped into a small café and ordered a few coffees. “I hate it when people are late for meetings.”

 

     Suga dropped a few sugar cubes into his coffee, “I’m glad to be stretching out my legs.” They settled in at a table facing the door and waited patiently with cups in their hands. Around ten minutes later two young men walked in, they ordered drinks as well then sat in front of Suga. “Good to see you,” Suga held out a fist and was met with a friendly knuckle tap.

     “Looks like your lip healed up from where I punched you,” the boy with grey hair commented.

     “Yeah thanks ,” Suga joked, “Glad that you and Mark are here, JB.” JB smiled back at Suga.

     “Yeah.” Mark nodded in agreement.

 

     “I wonder if he’s always this quiet,” Taehyung whispered, he winced when Suga’s elbow hit his rib.

     “Let’s get down to it then,” Suga unfolded a picture of the sniper. “Give me the run down on the girl.” Mark leaned in closely and spoke clearly.

     “I got a few feet from her before she disappeared.” He placed a pair of sunglasses on the table, “She dropped these in the hassle. I got a good look at her eyes; they’re dark brown for the most part with flecks of green. They didn't look like contacts either. Her brows were dark as well, I’m guessing she’s a brunette or at least dark haired.” Dark hair, hazel eyes? This sounded familiar to Taehyung. “Then she had this face mask covering so that’s all I could see. Sorry if this was a waste.”

     “No!” Taehyung shouted, “I meant it is helpful. We just got rid of all the lighted eyed people.” He gave Mark a very goofy smile.

     “Okay then,” Mark sank back into his chair and sipped at his coffee.

 

     Suga folded up his picture, “Anything helps really. Thanks for meeting us, we’ll head out first.” The members of Army got up silently and headed to the door, the bell rang as they exited. Though it was not the old sound that rang out into the streets. From above, a bullet flew at great velocity and shot right through Mark’s paper coffee cup staining the table and his pants. The two in the café ducked down and flipped the table for protection. In a panic Taehyung and Suga ran underneath the awning across from the café. “What the !” Taehyung’s face had grown pale.

    “She’s right above us Suga,” the younger swallowed.

     Suga grabbed his wrist, “You’re not ing out now.” The two ran into the building, climbing flight after flight of stairs in the fire escape. Suga pulled the concealed gun from his waistband as they reached the door to the roof. “On three, right?” Taehyung undid the clasps the ankle straps holding his pistol in place. His finger was on the trigger, ready to fire. “One, two,” Suga paused, “three!” However, the roof was empty, only puffs of dust roamed around.

     “The hell?” Taehyung took a look over the edge at the café. “That’s impossible, to have hit that cup you had to have fired here and just vanish.” A glittering object reflected into Suga’s eyes, he lean down to picked up an empty bullet casing with paper sticking out the side.

     “Looks like she left us note,” Suga motioned for Taehyung to come over, “It’s all in English. Can you read any of it?” Taehyung’s English was very broken, but he was able to read the clear message of the note.

     “Don’t get in my way boy,” Taehyung repeated. “What’s a boy?”

     “You are,” Suga knocked into him, “Let’s bring this to J-Hope for fingerprints and handwriting analysis.” As the two headed out the sniper stepped from behind her hiding spot. Her scarf wrapped tight around her neck.

     “I won’t miss you when the time comes Taehyung,” the words fell from her lips coldly.

 

A/N Short chapter, I know. I'll have the next chapter up this weekend after a Pretty Boy update. As always, thank you for your support.