First Encounter

The American

     A few days had went by since the passing of B.A.P. By a week’s time the whole event had slipped from the media’s eye with few reports tracking the story due to lack of evidence. Police officials where baffled at the cleanness of the crime scene, aside from the blood each member looked very calm in their seats. It was unnerving how their leader looked like he could have driven off at any moment if it had not been an absent pulse. In a frustrated huff, Taehyung flipped the TV off the prerecorded news report. He’d already gone through the new reel a few dozen times; each previous viewing still fresh in is mind. Though he failed to pick up any new information with the excessive watching of the screen.

     “Hyung! I haven’t found anything new,” the blonde boy yelled out towards the kitchen. In the kitchen J-Hope sat plugged into his laptop, searching through the FBI files on The American. “Hyung! Come on, I want to go out and talk to people.” The rest of Army was currently out in the streets of Seoul, looking for anyone who had heard of The American or the whereabouts of EXO. It put Taehyung on edge to be away from Jin for this length of time; he was a lovesick puppy and wasn’t afraid to admit it either.

     J-Hope closed his laptop to stare the younger boy down. “I’m trying to get work done here kid. They’ll be home soon, just be patient.”

     “But I want to do something now!”

     “Fine,” J-Hope reached into his sweatpants pocket and retrieved his wallet. He unfolded a few bills from the fold and set them on the table before a wide-eyed Taehyung. “Get me a pack of gum from the corner store and then something to shut you up.” The younger quickly grabbed the money and slipped into his shoes.

     “Bye Hopie!” The other only shook his head and returned to the task at hand with his laptop.

     “Rowdy mother er.”

     Taehyung emerged from the alleyway behind the restaurant and headed up the street to the small convenience store they all frequented. The storeowners where good people, they don’t ask questions and that’s something Taehyung liked about them. Plus the always hired some college student desperate for steady part time work that he could bother the living daylights out of until they crack. His newest victim had a very fiery temper that added to his enjoyment. “Hello nurse!” The victim was currently taking extra courses for nursing school, Taehyung somewhat doubted their abilities. However, Taehyung was greeted very coldly when he entered the store.

     “I’m not your nurse,” a very blunt voice announced. “Either buy something or get out.” Taehyung placed the voice at the check out counter behind a popular fashion magazine. “Well?” They set the magazine down on the table, “What’s it going to be?” A foreign woman looked him with her sharp hazel eyes, a tinge of red came to Taehyung’s ears as he hid in an aisle for refuge. He looked over his shoulder briefly to stare at her dark curly brown hair that cascaded down her body. Her skin was pale yet freckled very slightly, one freckle showing very predominantly above her lip. As she turned back to her magazine, Taehyung let himself look at her more closely. She was attractive but seemed uninviting, like a washed up show girl she had some roughness to her character.

      He cut to the chase by picking up J-Hope’s gum and a Vitamin Water for himself. She rang him up without a word and placed his items in a plastic bag. “Honey,” Taehyung read off her nametag.

     She rolled her eyes, “That’s not my real name.”

     “Oh,” he said with a quick flick of his tongue. “What is it then?” He let his hand touch hers ever so slightly when she handed back his change. Her cool vibe broke when they touched with the way her eyes grew wide. She pulled her hand back quickly.

     “I don’t need people in this neighborhood knowing my real name. I’m already easy to spot because I’m white,” she told him. “I don’t want any trouble.” Passing the receipt to him with a smile she said, “Can I help you with anything else?” Taehyung shook his head no quickly. “Good! Leave.” Her eyes were glued on the door, as if waiting for someone to come in, or Taehyung to walk out. A little shaken by her cold tone, Taehyung obeyed the strange woman. Turning to look at her one last time before heading out the door.

     “Hey kid,” he locked eyes with her, “It’s Evelyn.” She motioned for him to keep walking, “In case you wanted to know you noisy little thing.” A hot wave came over Taehyung, he personally had only meet a few foreigners. They had average names like Sam or Alex, the name Evelyn had a ring to it that lit something inside Taehyung. Upon hearing her real name he noticed more about her in the moment, like her full lips and long eyelashes. Despite her bland uniform, he could make out the curves of her torso, slender yet exciting. The whole walk home his face was bright red, he kept repeating her name over and over like a chant.

     “Evelyn,” he whispered as he scanned his key card into the house code pad. “Evelyn,” he smiled as he set down the gum in front of J-Hope. “Evelyn,” he called out when was hit over the head with a newspaper by the broad shouldered boy.

     “Who’s Evelyn?” He smirked down at Taehyung.

     “Evelyn what?” Taehyung ducked into the kitchen with his Vitamin Water. Though it was useless because Jin would just follow him, which Jin in turn did and pinned him between his arms against the refrigerator.

     “Evelyn doesn’t sound like she’s from here. Are you watching Tae bae? I’m sad you didn’t invite me,” Jin cooed in his ear. Taehyung felt his pants tighten a bit as the other reached behind him to squeeze his gently. “I missed you.”

     “I missed you too,” Taehyung blushed. “And I wasn’t watching THAT okay!”

     “Then what was it,” he let got of his .

     “It’s the new cashier at the corner store,” he looked at his feet and puffed out his cheeks at Jin.

     “Oh? Is she hot?”

     “Don’t talk about her like that!” Taehyung shot back.

      Jin held up his hands in defense, “Woah Tae. It was just a question. I’m not going to try anything I promise.” One hand was crossed behind his back. I’ll let her try if she wants, Jin thought to himself with a grin.

     “Well okay,” Taehyung grabbed onto Jin’s shirttail. “Don’t go there without me because she’s really pretty.”

     “Don’t you trust me Tae?”

     He rolled his eyes, “I don’t! Namjoon found you with lounge girls just last week passed out on their laps.”

     “Yoona? She’s an old friend.” Jin smiled, “Those girls aren’t nearly as beautiful as you Tae.” The younger’s ears perked up. “Why, you make them look like old grandmothers with how youthful you look. What’s your secret? The blood of your enemies?”

     Taehyung rolled his eyes again, “Stop it you big flirt.”

     “No I mean it.”

 

     J-Hope groaned from the table, “Remember the rules you two! No ing in the house!” He turned his focus back to his computer. “You guys are so gross God.”

     “Sorry Hosoek!” Taehyung called to him. Namjoon and the others came down the stairs and entered the kitchen.

     “Great! We’re all here,” said Namjoon. “I have a little bit of information to share regarding our newest enemy.”

     “All right!” Jimin exclaimed as he rubbed his hands, “Lay it on me.” Namjoon pulled a few snapshots from a manila folder. The photos showed a full body of the attacker, identified by the colorful scarf seen at the B.A.P. incident. From the photo the boys could make out a slender frame despite the baggy black clothes. “A girl?” Namjoon nodded.

    “These photographs were taken earlier today by an ally gang near one of those love hotels. Mark says he saw the figure lining up to fire in the building across the street when he pointed them out to the rest of GOT7. There was some big dealer in the hotel that’s on quite a few hit lists; the sniper was hired supposedly to keep the debt from getting any higher. However, when GOT7 tried to capture the sniper they escaped from sight with their rifles in tow.” Namjoon pulled out another photo with a series of listed paper clipped to the back. “With the help of GOT7, I compiled a list of what our friend looks like.”

 

     Taehyung picked up a list a went over it to himself, “Female, white, around 5’5”, and American. Well that’s really specific. That sounds like every exchange student Namjoon.”

     “It’s better than nothing,” J-Hope pointed out. “I’ll start running a search through customs.” In a few of his keyboard J-Hope was hot on the trail. “I’ve got about eight thousand civilians right now. We need to do a little more narrowing down boss.”

     “Well boys,” their leader smiled wide, “Let’s hit the streets.

 

 

 

A/N: This is my first BTS story. I'll be switching off writing this and Pretty Boy to keep me motivated to post more. Thank you for the support.