"Do you have any idea what you just did?"

One-shots

He stared, unable to move from the shock, as he slowly took in the chaos that was supposedly his house.

The curtains were ripped, threatening to fall down any moment. A chair was knocked over, and a nearby trashcan had had its contents spilled out onto the now stained carpet. Ugly blotches of a substance he had rather not know about adorned the walls, as if to give a finishing touch to the ripped wallpaper.

But this was not the worst. In front of the television, the half dozen picture frames which once contained a smiling couple where cracked and scattered all over the floor, with the pictures inside almost unrecognizable from scratches that looked like they were from... an animal. A cat.

His eyebrows furrowed and his face got even darker as he spotted a quivering tail behind the fallen chair. Without a word, he picked up the animal and tossed it out the door. His head was so clouded with fury that he failed to notice the bald patches of missing fur and limpness of the black feline. 

 

***

 

After hours of cleaning and fixing, the lounge finally looked a tiny bit more liveable, though the curtains and wall paper were something he needed to go out and buy.

His anger had dampened, but it was still present. The clock on the wall reminded him that it was already way past the dinner time of the animal he had thrown out the door earlier. His eyes narrowed, and for a moment he considered the fact that it was just an animal so therefore it should be forgiven for mistakes such as these. 

But it wasn't that simple.

The door smoothly swung open to reveal a boy in black pants and a black wife beater, lying facedown on the ground with his limbs spread out in front of him in a weird position. The man at the door gazed down at him, expressionless, until he finally gave up and brought him into the house.

This time he noticed the scars on the unconscious boy's body that had already started to heal, and blood scabs surrounding the wounds. His face was unnaturally pale, which produced an alien look mixed in with his dark skin tone.

The man frowned and hastily got up to get the medical kit. Inside his mind he scolded himself for not seeing the wounds sooner, but another part of him argued that he deserved to be punished, after all.

No, he didn't deserve to be punished this harshly.

 

***

 

When the boy finally woke up, it was morning, and the first thing he saw when he opened his dark eyes, was the even darker face of the man who had stayed up all night to look after him.

The boy lowered his gaze, not knowing where to start.

The man sighed, as if something finally lifted from his shoulders, and went into the kitchen to get some food for the boy. He watched with his eyes fixed on the other as the latter hungrily gulped down his breakfast in one go.

"Do you have any idea what you just did?"

At last, the boy lifted his head and met the man's gaze.

"If I say it, you won't believe me."

"Wasn't she with you? How did you manage to do this with her here?" 

A tear threatened to fall down from the boy's eyes. He knew how this was going to end. 

"It was her who did this. To me. And the house."

Silence. 

 

A faint, almost unrecognizable sound came into the boys highly sensitive ears, and his eyes widened as he realized the other had laughed. Or in other words, he let out his breath quicker than usual. 

"That's impossible, she would never do this."

Tears finally spilled out of his eyes and ran down his face. He got up gracefully although he was still injured, and jumped out the door. 

"I knew you wouldn't believe me." He sobbed.

Before he could escape, a large, strong hand grabbed onto his thin arm with a gentle force, and the most sweet words he had ever heard sounded behind him. (Although the tone was still cold as usual)

"Wait. Who said I wouldn't believe you? Tell me what happened. And don't move, you need to rest."

The boy felt more tears rise to his eyes from his heart as he fell down into the armchair and began sobbing out his story.

 

***

 

One day ago.

(Two hours before the man comes home.)

 

"Oppa! Yes of course I can come meet you now, that dickhead doesn't come home until two hours later. Which hotel? Oh that one... okay. See you later. Mwah! I love you!! No, you hang up first. *giggles* ok, we'll hang up together. One... two... three! ......... You didn't hang up! *giggles* Let's do it again ........."

The phone call ended after what seemed like an eternity, and the lingering smile on the pretty girl's face vanished as soon as she saw the sleek black cat staring at her with an expression that looked like hatred. If that was even possible to be shown on a cat.

"Why are you looking at me like that you stupid animal."

He growled, dangerous.

"What was that? Oops, did you hear my phone call to my new boyfriend? What are you gonna do about it? Hahaha. Are you gonna tell your stupid owner? Who's so crap at everything he practically bores me to death? And not to mention his-"

She was cut off by her own scream as the black figure lunged at her, doing all he could to punish her for what she had said.

"YAH! YOU STUPID CAT!!"

When she finally managed to tear the writhing ball of fur off of her body, she then proceeded to throw it against the wall. Hard. 

A few picture frames were knocked down and the glass was broken, left with drops of blood, but the cat would not back down, and threw himself at the girl again and again. Again and again. Until she escaped the house, leaving it in ruins for the man to come back later to find.

 

***

 

His expression was unchanged all throughout the story, and long after the boy had cried himself to sleep, he just sat there watching him, his eyes softening with every minute that passed. 

His phone rang; he was going to ignore it but as he noticed the caller id, he slid the phone open with long, sleek fingers. The phone clicked, and he brought it to his ear, all the while with his gaze fixed on the sleeping figure in front of him whose chest rose and fell steadily with each heartbeat.

"Hello. We're no longer together anymore. Please stop contacting me. I will pack your things later."

The other end of the line was silent and he was unsure if she had hung up or not until he heard that whine which he had found annoying for quite some time now. 

"But oppa~ whyy??"

"You listen to my words carefully. Nobody. Hurts my cat."

 

 

 

 

 

 

The boy rolled over and at an angle where the man couldn't see, his lips curled into a victorious smirk. Finally got rid of that one.

 


 

 

 

 

I'm saying this at the end because I didn't want you guys to have a clear idea of who is who, but I based the man off Leo and the cat/boy off N from vixx. I seriously don't know their personalities except that Leo never smiles + is expressionless, while I know even less about N: he has a dark skin tone xP