The First Time

One-shots

“I’ll… go take a shower first then.” She said as soon as she walked through the door, letting go of his hand and leaving him not knowing whether to smile or sigh.

She had been nervous the entire day. He could see it when he handed her the milk tea and their fingers briefly touched. He could feel it when he kissed her in an alleyway corner when she couldn’t kiss back, only grasped the front of his shirt as tight as ever.

It had been a while now. A long while. And that was why they both agreed it was time.

But seeing her so flustered all of today, he wondered if it was even possible for him to calm her down.

**

Inside the bathroom, she was gripping the edges of the water basin with white knuckles, glaring into the mirror as it was somehow its fault.

She didn’t know what to do. She wanted this, wanted it so badly, but she just could not calm down her frantically beating heart. It was going to burst out of her chest, not a hyperbole, she was certain she would die soon.

Biting down on her lips, she slid into the shower and quickly tried to wash the nervousness away.

It was a long, long time before she finally mustered up the courage to step outside again, wrapped in nothing but a towel.

**

His breath hitched when he saw her. It took all of his will to not pin her down and kiss the living daylights of her straight away, because he knew that would scare her even more.

He ran a hand through his hair, not moving from where he was as she shuffled away from the bathroom, fully blushed cheeks and avoidant eyes.

“Your turn,” she managed to get out, finally after a long pause.

He took a deep breath and turned away from her to enter the bathroom. He was much faster, even though there were nerves present too, they were temporarily overridden by his desire to treat her well.

When he came outside, she was sitting down, legs curled up with arms wrapped around herself on the farthest end of the sofa.

His heart melted. She was too cute for her own good.

Tentatively, very, very slowly and carefully, he approached and sat down next to her.

“I love you,” He promised. One hand came up to softly the back of her head.

She was still biting her lips so hard they stayed white. He could see her shoulders rising much more dramatically than usual, and at a much faster pace.

At this very moment, her heart was beating for him.

He murmured many more words of comfort, many many more reassurances that they didn’t have to do anything she didn’t want to, the only reason he was doing this was because he thought she wanted it, and because he loved her.

At last, he felt the tension in her body relax in his arms. She completely leant into him, her whole body soft and relaxed, so he shifted sideways to let her slide down onto the sofa, before he put one leg over her torso and cupped her face in his hands.

“Let’s go onto the bed, alright?” He whispered. He placed a tender kiss on her reddened lips.

She nodded, giving herself completely to the man she loved most in the world.