First Day

11 Months

You were a tiny bit disconcerted by how quickly things had escalated between you and Luhan. Ever since you two had met a month ago, he had already driven down to see you TWICE. It was kind of...amazing how quickly the two of you had gotten friendly and close with each other. And how much you realized you liked Luhan.

Both times that you guys 'hung out', you weren't quite sure if it was a date or not. There was no public displays of affection, no kissing or anything, (although he might have wanted to once, you weren't quite sure) but at the same time you weren't JUST friends with him either. At least you didn't feel that way at all. It was a strange balance between friendship and potentially something more.

Regardless of your confusion about your relationship level, your current dilemma was calming the first day of the semester jitters. Luhan had been busy all week and was unable to help you move into your dorm. Apparently, he felt terrible, calling you three time already between somewhat frantic texts just to make sure you weren't lost of your first day.

Rolling your eyes, you put your phone in your jacket pocket before walking into your Physics lecture. You glanced at the open seats, noticing a seat in the middle front, a nice place where you wouldn't look like a slacker to your professor but far enough back to clandestinely pull out your phone and text anyone if necessary. You got your materials, notebooks, folder, and writing utensils and drummed your fingers on the desk, impatiently waiting for the rest of the class so you could get the lecture over with for the day.

Class started shortly after most people filed in, and you managed to pay attention for the first few minutes before you realized the professor was simply reading the syllabus verbatim. A bit bored, your eyes looked around before the girls giggling in the seats near you caught your attention. You followed their glances to the back of the lecture room where one of the lab assistants was working with one of the machines. He looked familiar, possibly just someone you met in one of the many ice-breakers you were forced to do during orientation week. Something about his silhouette bothered you but you brushed it off. You were obviously a bit tired from sleeping on the really crappy dorm mattress last night.

tumblr_inline_mlkdf9xgdx1qedz7w.png

Noticing many of the girls as well as curious guys stealing peeks, the professor then cleared his throat, "I almost forgot! My lab assistant is a graduate student who will be helping me teach this class, he'll also be the lab advisor for a few of the labs. Why don't you come down here so I can introduce you?"

The students' eyes followed the boy as he made his way down to the front of the room. And as he turned to face the class, you felt your heart drop straight out of your chest.

From the look on his face when his eyes landed on yours, you could tell that his did too.

"Everyone, this is Luhan, my lab assistant."

tumblr_mpz843Kp6r1ruu0syo1_500.gif

a/n: Hello, as promised I have come back after a few (2) days. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, comment below if you liked it (or not). It would be really nice to talk to you guys and all so leave us a message! Regardless, have a nice Sunday evening everyone!~ -Juhee