Worth It

11 Months

“What are you talking about Luhan? I thought you liked me..." You asked stepping away from him in confusion.

Luhan smiled sadly, “You should see what it’s like to date someone else. Have more experience. So you can know if it’s me you really want. And not just any guy who falls for you.” He tucked a stray piece of hair behind your ear gently, “I suppose I’m old enough to know what I want but you might not be there quite yet.”

tumblr_inline_nf3rasOTgN1s4kdpn.gif

Your cheeks burned and you turned away pouting, heart already starting to break into pieces. How could he say this, he was supposed to love you, at least like you wasn’t he? Didn’t that mean jealousy? “Are you actually okay with me seeing other guys?” You asked, your voice betraying your emotions.

Luhan's eyes fell and he pursed his lips, “I'm not. The idea of you dating anyone else but me...” He let out a sigh as he looked you in the eyes, “The thought of another man holding you, flirting with you, and...” His eyes wandered down to her lips, “kissing you…” He paused, “It makes me angry. But I’ve dated other people, and now I know what I want.” He kissed your forehead, “Who I want, and I want to give you the same privilege.”

“Luhan…” your voice cracked, “You should just forget about me.”

“It’s only a year.” He replied firmly. “You’ll be eighteen in a year.”

“Still. Luhan we’re six years apart.” You looked down at the floor, “Six years…is a long time.”

“Maybe for eighteen and twenty-four, but it isn’t so bad for people who are twenty-two and twenty-eight. Besides,” he sighed, “Does our ages even really matter? After a certain point it’s all the same, people will just round it to the same value.”

“We both know that isn’t true. At least not for us right now.”

Luhan’s eyes dropped once again and you tried to keep tears from forming in your eyes. You opened your mouth to say goodbye when he interrupted you, “Do you not want me then?” he pleaded sadly, face swimming with fear of rejection.

tumblr_m9slsg6ZyK1rw7if5.gif

“W-what?” You sputtered, caught off guard.

“Do you not want me then?” He repeated stepping closer, “Do you not have any feelings for me, at all? Did you never like me the way I liked you?”

You raised your head and met his eyes. unable to say anything, because the truth was, you wanted him to wait. You wanted him to be yours, but you didn’t want to ask that of him. You didn’t feel deserving of someone like Luhan. The difference in years might benefit you, but to him it would be a burden. And some small part of you was afraid that one day he’d realize that you were too childish and that he would leave.

You wanted Luhan to be happy, and you weren’t sure if he would be with you.

Both of you knew the feelings you had for each other. Even without saying anything, there was something indescribable in the air between you, something that pulled you toward each other regardless of whether you liked it or not.

Luhan took a step closer. “Juhee, if you don’t want me, if you don't like me at all, just say so.” He took another step, “But if you’re pushing me away for….any other reason, don’t. You have made me happier this past month than anyone else I've dated has, ever.” He took your hand and smiled down at it. “And unless you find someone who makes you happier than I can, I’m not going to let you go.” Gingerly, Luhan laughed a bit and pulled you into his arms, "so I’m going to wait patiently, until I can have you.”  

tumblr_m9slas0r8U1rw7if5.gif

Feeling the tears rise in your eyes, you buried your face into his chest, taking in the smell that was solely Luhan and no one else and the two of you stayed that way for a little while, as he rubbed your back and kissed your forehead, occasionally wiping the tears away. “I don’t want you to regret this.” You told him tearily.

“I won’t, I promise.” He assured you softly.

“Then I’ll wait too.” You mumbled into his chest.

“Juhee,” He started a light warning in his voice, “what did I tell you?”

“No.” You said stubbornly. You were younger than he was, weren’t you allowed to be a tiny bit spoiled? You were used to getting your way anyways. “If you’re waiting, I’m waiting.”

“You sure?” He asked smiling a bit.

“Luhan.” You scolded lightly. “You…you’re worth waiting for.”

“How strange.” He said, “I was thinking the same thing about you.”

tumblr_m9sl6khf4A1rw7if5.gif

a/n: And...end, once again another 'Luhee' work completed and published. To my readers, I hope you enjoyed the (short) adventure this story brought and see you next time with another update! -Juhee