Are There Any Hope?

You're Special To Me

I ran mindlessly until I arrived at a corner that leads to the right.As I arrived there,I no longer heard the steps of that Seo Joohyun earlier.

At this point I don’t care about her ing favor anymore.I just wanted to get home.I closed my eyes and focused but it didn’t bring me anywhere.I tried again and failed once again.I was panicking until I heard someone shouted

“ Taeyeon! “

I thought of running away from that sound until I processed it again and recognized it as no other than my best friend’s voice.

“ Sunny? “

I looked back and there she is,standing a metre from me with her cute smile and her hair falling just on her shoulder.Just the same as I remembered.I can’t believe my sight,is this really Sunny?

My best friend who I haven’t seen and had been missing a lot is here infront of me.My lips automatically curled into a smile.For a moment,a relieved feeling washed over me eventhough it’s still confusing.

“ Sunny! “

I ran to her and squeezed her life out; hugging her as she did the same and we both laughed.

“ How can you be here? Is this really you? “

She laughed and said

“ It depends on you,this is your dream,right? Mabe you were missing me so ing much that I ended here “

To think about it,maybe she was right after all.This might be that woman’s dream,but it is also a part of my dream.So this means I could control it somehow,right?

I tried focusing again to get back but it still wouldn’t work.And as dumb as it might look,I started pinching and slapping myself too.I tried imagining a garden so I’d be somewhere else than in this nightmare.but still,it doesn’t work.Maybe I can’t control it after all.Damn

Sunny looked at me confusedly.

“ What are you doing? “

“ I tried to get out of this dream but it wouldn’t work.I was so scared,I’m so glad you’re here.At least I’m not alone now “

“ Then don’t rush on leaving,just stay here for a while.I’m sure you’re going to find a way later.For now,let’s just enjoy each other here.You missed me right? “

“ Yeah..maybe you’re right. “

I slided my hand into her and hold it tightly.

“ But I don’t know where we are and and I was chased earlier.Some crazy girl tried to kill me.I hope we wouldn’t bump into her somewhere “ I explained to Sunny while looking around in case Joohyun might be here.

“ Don’t worry.I’m sure she lost you already.This place is big,let’s just walk around and see where the path get us to “ Sunny chirped and I gladly followed her.

As we walk hand in hand,I looked around and noticed an eerie feeling.This place is really a nightmare.It’s dark,dim to be more exact.It’s so different from the situation in the room,earlier the room was brighter,lighted by an orange lamp,maybe it wasn’t so bright because that women was sad,she was crying for the lost of her daughter.

But now,it’s like I just jumped into another different dream.The corridor was like a hotel corridor,it looked luxurious but in a scary way.It felt empty and there’s a few scratches on the wall with some words in red

‘ No escape ‘

‘ Help ‘

‘ I’m alone ‘

‘ Please ‘

I cringed as I read the words.

 

The longer we walked,the tighter Sunny gripped my hand and at one point,it started to hurt.

I winced at the pain and said

“ Sunny,you’re gripping me pretty hard.It hurts “

Sunny turned her head and looked at me in the eyes.

Suddenly I felt chills.It was vague,but didn’t go unnoticed by me.

We stared for a few seconds until I noticed her once dark brown orbs turned black and enlarged,filling her white sclera.Her eyes doesn’t look like Sunny anymore as I see her black pupil turns red.

An intense sentiment of horror shook me,witnessing the drastic change in her eyes.

“ Why,Taengoo? Don’t you like holding my hands? “ Sunny widen her eyes.

I was shaking in horror,feeling numb.I wanted to run but I couldn’t.I wanted to scream but I felt choked.My eyes watered in pure fear.

“ Tae~ Yeon~ “ Sunny smiled.

Hearing her once cute and sweet voice now turned into an eerie one,I screamed out my lungs and ran away from her,as fast as I could without stopping or looking back.

She wasn’t Sunny.

not Sunny.

While I was running,I noticed a staircase on my left and quickly ran upstairs.

 

The second my two feets stepped on the last stair,everything went pitch black.It felt like I was blinded.

“ H-Hello? “ I mumbled softly.

After a few seconds,the darkness was gone replaced by dim red.I looked around and noticed I’m in a room.There’s another doorway across the room but my attention was paid on a figure sitting on the floor a few metres from me,leaning against the wall.

As my eyes adjusted to the dimness,I could see a blonde head looking down,lean body and slender legs sprawled on the floor; the owner of the figure.

I stared at the figure,his hands hanging limply over his heads as I noticed his hands were…chained?

His hands were chained on the wall behind him.

“ Eun…Hyuk.. “

I flinched when he spoke softly,not even expecting him to voice anything out.

I kept staring at him; confused over what he just said.

And just like he could read my mind,

“ That’s…my name..”

I tried remembering him if he could be another friend that got into this dream,but I didn’t recognize his voice nor his face.

“ This..is not.. a dream.. “ He said,shaking his head slowly.

He kept his gaze down,never looking up at me or anywhere else.Not even once since I met him.

“ What do you mean? “ I asked.

There was a few seconds of silent.

“ Isn’t it strange how autumn is beautiful...yet everything is dying? “

He wasn’t answering me,but his statement made me lose hope as the only horrible possibility rushed into my head at once .Can I get out of this nightmare?

What if I’m trapped here,in this cold autumn nightmare? As these thoughts got over me,I remembered the words I read earlier.

‘ No escape ‘

‘ I’m alone ‘

“ We fail..we lose..to win “

At the last statement,he looked up at me and I looked into his single lidded eyes,no emotion crossing his face.

“ Can you help me? “ I asked him,my eyes full of hope.

He shook his head as he once again dropped his gaze down after answering.

“ Taeyeon? “

I heard a woman’s voice behind me and turned around,finding a very familiar face.

“ M-mom?.. “

She quickly rushed over to me and hugged me.

Once again,I felt relieve being in her embrace.Maybe this time,just maybe..she is real..A sense of hope in this nightmare.

She brushed and patted my head softly as I tighten my hug before pulling back,smiling contently.

“ Mom..is this really you? “

I almost cried as I asked her.I don’t want to question how she got here or anything else.I don’t want to know.A far as I’m concerned,I felt comfortable knowing her presence.

As she cupped my face looking into my eyes,I felt the vague chills from before.

My smile was ripped off of my face.I stared in fear at how her irises enlarge and how her pupils turns red.

“ Why do you look so scared,my beautiful daughter? I’m here.. “

My skin crawls as she smiled.What scared me the most was her smile.Every smile would look warm and comforting,but her smile only sent goosebumps all over me.Because the moment she smiled,her lips curled up to her ears,literally,showing a sharp set of tooth.Her smile was no different than slit mouthed woman.

I screamed and ran towards the doorway across the room,exiting the dim red room.Haunted by her eerie smile.

It’s not mom..

My heart was pounding so hard that I could hear it and even count the beat without searching for my pulse.I got into a room and hid myself in there.

As I drowned in my thoughts,I realized that there’s no way out of here.

Everyone I met was not them.

“ Kibum.. “ I whimpered helplessly as my tears rolled down my cheeks.

“ Please..help me.. “ I sobbed into my hands remembering how those red pupils stared into me.

“ I’m scared.. “ I mumbled,choking between my sobs.

 

 

Author's Note : I know! I'm so sorry guys,yes yes,I know I'm late T_T don't kill me.. please accept my apology >< *OMG I just realized! I thought I posted this chap like 2 days ago but when I checked again today I actually saved it as draft* /bangs my head on the wall/

THE END IS NEARING .The upcoming chapter would be the last chapter :o *gasp* what would happen to Taeng?! nah,I know you guys know it..Thanks to anyone who patiently wait for this chap to be posted.Love ya

umm..okay..

PREVIEW:

“ Kim Taeyeon.. “

I sniffled and looked up.

I squinted my eyes and spotted a familiar figure stood in front of me looking at me.