This is Me

You're Special To Me

"One hot chocolate please" I nodded after taking the order and began preparing.

 

ew you're so slow no wonder there aren't many customer here.

 

It's because now it's the work hour you moron.

 

no I don't think so.you're just so slow at everything.I wonder how there's no complaint about you yet.

 

If I'm so slow then explain how can I graduate you smartass.

 

you passed the exam only because Yejin helped you.

 

No I don't! She only helped me on one question,the rest I answer by myself okay,get your fact right.

 

in any other way,she still helped you.

 

" Urgh just shut up ”

 

" Excuse me? "

 

" Oh,no.nothing "

 

“ Oh..okay "

 

Good.I can already feel the stare.I need to keep my ing mouth shut..

 

yes that stupid mouth of yours..shut it.

 

" Thank you sir " I thanked the customer after he paid his drink.

 

Suddenly I heard him laugh lightly and said," No need to call me sir,I'm Kyuhyun by the way " I don't give a damn.

 

" Well,it's nice to meet you Kyuhyun " I put on my decent smile and bowed lightly to him.

 

" It's nice to meet you too-" he paused for a moment to look at my nametag "-Taeyeon." and smiled before exiting the café.

 

My poor heart almost jump out as I turned around and see a pale girl,long straight black hair,wearing a red drop waist dress staring at me.I feel chills taking over me.No matter how often I met them,it still gives me chills.Dammit.

 

" W-What do you want? " 

 

The girl pointed her pale hand towards the coffee machine.

 

" You want this? You want coffee? " and then she nodded.

 

What? Well,if that's what you want...

 

I started preparing the coffee and placed the cup at the table somewhere behind me.The owner is quite caring about her employee so she put a small table behind the counter.

 

The girl gave me a smile and sit there happily.I mean,she looks happy.

 

 

 

 

Well,this is how my daily basis pretty much is.I'm working in a café somewhere in Seoul and my life is pretty different.I mean,I know everybody's life is different but mine is specially different.Not just I have to deal with the customers but there's always other people bothering me.

 

These people usually have intention,unsettled business,favor,whatever you call it.And I'm the one who have to help them with these things.

 

I heard a ticking sound coming from the clock on the wall above my head informing me that my shift will end in 5 more minutes.

 

2 minutes later Sooyeon arrived.That girl’s taking the next shift.Another 3 minutes passed and I begin settling my things down.I grabbed my backpack and my blue navy jacket I left in the employee room and left.

 

Once I'm out of the store,I quickly shut my eyes and took a long deep breath and release before slowly opening my eyelids.They're everywhere,I need to get used to this.I need to,I need to,I need to.

 

Relax man,you're supposed to get used already.

 

I'm trying here.I'm trying..

 

They aren't really scary actually,they don't look like those dead souls you see in movies where their body are covered in blood,some of their skin peeled off,shirt torned.They don't look like their condition when they're dead.

 

They look neat,just the skin is paler than most human but the thing is,they give you chills.The uncomfortable,cold feeling going through your veins.And their stares.The way they look into your eyes;my eyes,bore a hole that send goosebumps all over my body.

 

 

And the moment I open my eyes,they send the stares I was saying about.I really tried to stay calm though but I don't think it really work as I began to cry.I swear I was trying all my might to hold the tears in,I don't like crying in front of people.

 

Especially when they give me the judging look which I am also getting used to it as time goes by.In desperate situation like this,I do one thing that can only calm me; I hold the key shaped locket on my chest as tight as possible.

 

And just like many other time,it calms me a little bit.This locket has always been some kind of appeasement ever since I became like this,it was a gift from my grandfather though.Yes,my grandfather,the person who basically caused me to be in this kind of position,living this kind of life.

 

As I was calming myself down;standing in the middle of the crowded sidewalk filled with not just people,but mostly them,I felt someone tap my shoulder lightly.

 

It is a person.His touch was slightly warm and soft.or is it her? I think it's a him,his hand is kinda big for a girl.I wanted to just ignore him until he called me softly and proved my guess was right.

 

" Kim Taeyeon? " What?

 

" D-do I know you? " I said without looking at his face,my voice a little raspy from crying earlier.

 

I just hoped he would leave me alone,eventhough I feel some kind of warmness and calmness from his touch.wow, is this The Master's Sun? I tried to look around and find out those people was still around.

 

I think he was caught off guard by that question when he kinda stammered.

 

" U-uhm..no,I don't think so.Are you okay? Why are you crying? "

 

He sounds worried but.. did I know him somewhere?? I don't think I've heard this voice before.How did he even know my name?

 

" Uh..n-nothing.. " I said as I wiped the cold tears on my cheeks.

 

And I walked as soon as I said those words,not wanting to stay any longer.But the time I started walking away,I instantly regretted my act because the moment his touch left me,a wave of goosebump washed over me once again.

 

Of course I'm not going to stop or go back to him and be like, hey can you touch me again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay that just sounds really inappropriate..

 

 

 

 

So being the mettlesome I am,I kept walking while holding the locket as tight as I can.Maybe that guy didn't really know me though since he just did nothing when I left.

 

But how the did he know my name?! 

 

I'm not someone who just go to anyone else and be like yo I'm Taeyeon.

 

 

 

My house is like five blocks away from the café I work.That's kinda far right? Or is it not that far? 

 

 

On my way back from the weird encounter with that weird guy earlier,I suddenly remembered about ramyun.I've been forgetting to buy ramyun these few days.As a result,I only ate dry biscuits during supper.

 

As much as I hate staying out here any longer,I'm surely not going to abandon my ramyuns.My lovely ramyuns.

 

3 days is more than enough for me to go through supper without ramyun.I'm definitely gonna get those ramyuns now.

 

 

I went straight to the instant noodles isle as soon as I get into the store,searching for my lovely ramyuns.But when I arrived there,I noticed a girl half my height looking at the snacks arranged neatly on the shelves just infront of my lovely ramyuns' shelves.

 

She's one of them, I could tell it by her pale skin and those dark orbs.

 

Then she looked at me and the chills come again.I quickly hold the key shaped locket on my chest and braved myself to ignore her and just did my own business.

 

As I come closer,she lifted her small hands and pointed them to the snacks in front of her.

 

" Do you want this? " I lowered myself and asked in the lowest voice I could produce so some people in the next isle wouldn't hear me.

 

She nodded cutely and I can't help but smile a little by her cuteness despite the chills that haven't reduce much.

 

I decided to a bit,so I said " Do you have any money? "

 

And she shook her head cutely.

 

" Well,if you don't have money,then how are you going to buy this? You can't but it without any money "

 

I thought she would pout but instead she pointed to the ahjumma sitting behind the cashier.wow this kid rob or what? 

 

" What? Are you going to ask her money? " I asked her,my eyes wide.

 

Then she kinda giggled and shook her head.

 

" Umma 

 

I thought she had mistaken me as her umma or something but realization hit me when I noticed this kid's face and the ahjumma's face kinda look alike.

 

So I dragged her to the back of the isle where there are no people and kneeled down to her eye level.

 

" Ah..so she's your umma? "

 

She nodded cutely again.The sight broke my heart imagining a kid this cute and innocent leaving her mother behind and my gaze quickly softened.

 

" It's okay,I'll treat you this time " 

 

My heart broke again for the second time when she smiled; showing her well arranged teeth.

 

" What's your name? "

 

She made a love gesture with her tiny hands.

 

" Sarang? " and she nodded two times.

 

" That's a cute name.I like it " Sarang,what a cute little kid.

 

Not wasting any time,I grabbed 5 cup of my lovely ramyuns and a snack the girl pointed earlier and shoved it at the counter.

 

The ahjumma scanned the things and I can see the sadness in her eyes eventhough she tried to put on a smile.But the smile lighten up a bit when she holds the snack that girl chose.

 

" Do you have a daughter? " I blurted out.

 

She look a little taken aback,but she answered " Yes " in a sad tone and continued

 

" but she passed away,about a month ago "

 

I never had a daughter but I'm sure it must hurt a lot.Looking at the cute kid beside me,I felt my tears wells up in my eyes.

 

" She's such a cute girl " 

 

" W-what? D-did you know her? "

 

" Well,you can say it like that "

 

" What do you mean? How did you know her? "

 

" She's here.I met her at the aisle back there "

 

I know people hardly believe me but I hope it'd at least calm her knowing her daughter is here; because she looked so broken.And to my surprise,she kinda believed me when she ask me with wide eyes.

 

" S-she's here? " 

 

" Yes,right here "

 

I brought my hand to the girl's head,showing where she is.And the girl shook her head under my palms,smiling cutely.

 

The ahjumma cried and nodded, " She's totally that height "

 

Then she brought her own hand patting the air on where her daughter was standing.

 

I fumbled in my backpack looking for my wallet and paid for the stuff.Luckily there's a bench outside,I took out the snack and rip it open,leaving it there for that girl to enjoy it.

 

 

I'm sure you guys are wondering did they really eat and drink those stuff right? Well honestly, I don't know either.I never checked,and I don't feel like checking at all.Just let them be,as long as they don't disturb me.

 

All the way home,I kept holding that locket in hope that they wouldn't bug me.

 

Once I reached my apartment,I fumbled in my pocket for my key and unlocked the door.

 

" I'm home!~ " 

 

Nobody's home anyway,as a matter of fact,I live alone.Well,I just felt like doing it okay?

 

I regretted that instanty anyway,because just as soon as I shouted,3 of them looked at me.I kinda forgot they're here too.Here come the chills..

 

In case you guys are wondering,I moved to Seoul from Jeonju after finished graduating.I figured it'd be better to live alone in this condition.At least if I have to get home late,my parents wouldn't interrogate me.And here,nobody knows me,I'm sure like 80% of my schoolmates are studying in university now.Not all of them would study in Seoul,so there's like only 5 - 15 % chance I'd bump into them and even if I do bump into one of them,they might not recognize me.I’m not really close to anybody except one person.or two,actually..ah whatever,don’t mind.He’s not important anyway,just another painful past..I heard he’s doing quite well with his career too.

 

Ignoring them,I tossed my backpack on the couch and turned the tv on,switching to my favourite channel.I quickly zipped my backpack open and literally ran to the kitchen to fill the ramyun cup I’m holding with hot water.Once it’s filled,I slipped back on the couch and those 3 who was just gaping at me came closer.

 

Seriously,go away.

 

And then they sat next to me,watching the drama together.I’m scared less the moment they sat next to me,but I just let them since they didn’t really bug me to do anything.So yeah,I literally spent my day with 3 dead souls,watching tv.More precisely,korean drama.

 

While these 3 are still gaping at the tv,let me tell you something more about me.

 

I used to be a normal,cheerful,high school student,I’m not really popular,but I can say I’m quite known at school because I represented our school for singing contests.And won,of course.I had a bestfriend I cherished my whole life back then,but we just lost connection when I moved.and no,it’s not Tiffany,or Stephanie,or Miyoung.

 

It’s Sunkyu.Well,I prefer calling her Sunny,since she always lighten up my days.

 

We practically go to school,eat,laughs,talk about boys,cusses,break the rules,and get detention together.We don’t break the rules like, smoking or taking drug,we’re not that stupid,you know.We just skipped classes and abandoned our  homework,something like that.And she always had a sleepover at my house too,thanks to her nice parents.My parents didn’t mind as long as her parents are okay.

 

We always ended up sleeping late,watching movies and stuff.How I miss her..

 

Back to reality,where I heard my phone rang,I picked the call after reading my mom’s name on the screen. (It’s not that what I was saying was not true,it’s just basically I was dreaming earlier..)

 

“ Yeoboseyo? “

 

Taeyeon-ah?~

 

“ Nae eomma “

 

How’s my pretty daughter doing? Are you fine? Anything changed in Seoul?

 

“ I’m fine,eomma.Nothing much has changed.The leaves on the streets are already turning brown,it’s pretty here. “

 

Ah~ the leaves are turning here too,the temperature is also dropping,make sure you wear enough cloth,okay? “

 

“ Okay ,eomma take care too.It’s not as cold as Jeonju here in Seoul,don’t worry about me,I’ll take care of myself.What are you doing by the way? “

 

I’m cooking for your dad.How about you? “

 

Watching tv with an ahjumma,a kid half my age,and a weird looking guy with a clown outfit that are already dead in my apartment.

 

“ Just watching tv “

 

“ Don’t you have work? “

 

“ No,my shift ended early today “

 

“ Oh~ Okay,Taeyeon,I’m turning off.Take care honey~ “

 

“ Okay eomma,annyeong~ “

 

“ Annyeong~ “

 

Thank god she didn’t notice,I was trying hard to keep my tone normal so it wouldn’t sound shaky,not just cold,but I’m scared with these 3 besides me.

 

 

 

 

 

Without I realize,hours passed by and it’s already midnight.I only noticed this when I yawned and felt my eyelids gets heavier.I turned the tv off and get up from the couch,stretching my arms out; those 3 was still sitting there staring dumbly at the tv.I wondered what they want..

 

I shuffled to my room and tucked myself in bed hoping tomorrow I’d wake up,finding out this all was just a nightmare.

 

 

Author's note: So here's the first chapter~ Hope you guys like it. Omo thank you to those who subscribed :') actually the title for this chapter is "Me" but it need to be more than 3 characters so it became "This is Me".Sorry if it's too~ long.. and boring.I need to put more Kim Taeyeon in this chapter so somehow I have the mood while I was writing and here it is..Anyway,it will become shorter and shorter as every chapter goes by.I hope I didn't let your hope down this early but seriously,expect the worse from me.aaand~ here's a preview for the next chapter :D

"While I was staring at him,I noticed he entered the cafe and I quickly rushed to the counter from my seat.As he neared the counter,I looked closer at his face,studying his appearance.I don't know why,but his face just have this sparkle when I looked at him.

! What the happened to you Kim Taeyeon?!

But seriously..I have no other word to describe him other than...an angel.Argh - I should stop now.. "