Part 10

It's Just Insurance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: If you haven't realized I like writing in a realistic view, and realisticly you cannot have a preteen without a little trouble involved. I wonder how EunHae handle the parenthood...

     “Today is the day Donghae.” Hyukjae said as he paced back and forth in front of the man who was sitting on the edge of the bed. “Today is the day you go out there and be the man you really are! Are you ready?” Hyukjae shouted in encouragement as he stopped and turned to Donghae.

     “Yes!” Donghae shouted in reply as he stood up. “Today is the day I go out there and… and… Oh Hyukjae I can’t do this.” Donghae sighed before sitting back on the bed again.

     “You can do this Donghae,” Hyukjae said as he got down on his knees and looked the other in the eye. “You need to do this for her, and more importantly you need to do this for yourself. I believe in you.”

     “But what if she hates me Hyuk?” Donghae whispered in fear. “I don’t want her to hate me and think that I’m a horrible person.”

     “This is your job,” Hyukjae continued to say as he grabbed Donghae’s hands and held them tight. “She is going to hate you for a while but that is an unfortunate part of parenthood. The girl will come around after a few days and will realize why it needed to be done.”

     “I’m scared.” Donghae said as he looked up at Hyukjae and pouted. “I’ve never done this before.”

     “Donghae, do you remember when we were throwing snowballs at the side of your house trying to see who could get more of the snow to stick on the siding?” Hyukjae asked.

     “Yeah,” Donghae replied. “And my mom open the back door and shouted, ‘You two boys better stop that before you break a window!’ and we didn’t listen to her.”

     Hyukjae shook his head and laughed a little. “I still can’t believe we actually broke a window, but the point I am trying to make is what happened after we broke the window.”

     “We got grounded for weeks.” Donghae said. “I was so pissed at my mom because I was stuck inside for the rest of winter break.”

     “But did you ever stop loving your mom?” Hyukjae asked.

     “What? No!” Donghae shouted as he stood up. “I would never do that!”

     “And Jin-A will never stop loving you. You are her father, Donghae, now go out there and do what you have to do!” Hyukjae cheered as he gave the other a supporting pat on the back.

     “You’re right!” Donghae shouted proudly. “I’m going to go out there and ground my daughter!”

     Donghae walked out into the living room with Hyukjae following behind for extra moral support. Once stopped in front of the couch where Kyuhyun was sitting talking to Jin-A he turned to Hyukjae who gave the ‘fighting’ sign. “Hey Donghae.” Kyuhyun said as he began to stand.

     “Sit your back down and shut up.” Donghae said causing the younger to sit back down immediately and stare at him.

     “Little too harsh.” Hyukjae said from the corner.

     “Oh sorry,” Donghae said before turning his attention back to the two people in front of him. “The only reason I called you here is so we can set down some ground rules regarding my daughter.” Donghae said more to Kyuhyun than Jin-A. “First off if I see or hear that you are around my daughter for the next month without either Hyukjae or I’s permission you’ll wish that you have never met me. Do I make myself clear Kyuhyun?” Donghae asked.

     “What is this you are not my mo-“ Kyuhyun began before he was cut off.

     “I said do I make myself clear Kyuhyun!” Donghae shouted over the younger.

     “Yes! Reading you loud and clear! Holy …” Kyuhyun shouted back quickly making sure to whisper the last part.

     “Now Jin-A,” Donghae said a little quieter but still with just as much seriousness. “Hyukjae’s already grounded you for a week, but because of the stunt you pulled last night I am extending that grounding for another two months.”

     “What!” Jin-A shouted. “Dad that’s not fair!” She looked to Hyukjae for support. “Hyukjae tell him that’s not fair!”

     “Don’t you look at him,” Donghae said as he squatted in front of his daughter. “I am the one talking to you so you will look at me.” Jin-A turned her glance back to her father and crossed her arms trying hard not to look him in the eye. “Give me your phone and your iPod right now.” Donghae said as he held out as his hand. “If you don’t do it I will just take it myself and if I have to do that it’s going to be three months instead of two.”

     “Fine!” Jin-A spat before digging in her bag and pulling out her phone and iPod to hand to her father. “Take them, I don’t care.”

     Donghae stood back up with the devices in hand. “Since you don’t care I guess I will take your laptop, too.” Donghae said as he shrugged. “Now go to your room and stay there until Hyukjae or I tell you that you can leave; I will be there for your computer in a few minutes.”

     Shocked and clearly angry at her father’s actions, Jin-A cursed under her breath as she wheeled herself back to her room. Only when they heard her bedroom door slam did they continue the conversation. “Now it’s time for your talk.” Hyukjae said as he walked over to join Donghae in the stare down. “And I would be very careful with what I’d say if I were you; I didn’t like you much from the beginning and this is not helping your case.”

     “W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter