Chapter 7

Survival Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I wish i could say that i got there in time. In time to save Jiyong from him. But just as i reached the corridor that lead to the cafeteria, i was stopped by a load gunshot that echoed through the entire hospital. All i could think about was that i was too late. Too late to save him. Again. This was how Jiyong and i met. I saved him.

If i hadn't saved him, i wonder what would have happened to me? To him? Would he be in this situation right now? Would someone else have taken my place as Jiyong's partner in crime? I had a thousands flashback going on in my head, all of them which were spent with Jiyong. Without him, i had nothing. He was everything i wanted, everything i needed... He couldn't leave me. 

I screamed, a loud, high pitched scream that was raw and full of pain that changed to hysterical crying. I collapsed on my knees, facing the floor, with teardrops falling down fast, one by one. I wanted to get up and see for myself if Jiyong was still alive. But i couldn't. What if i did and he... he wasn't... alive? 

What if he was gone? I didn't want to see that sight. If i were to die right now, i wanted to die not knowing whether Jiyong was alive or not. It was selfish of me, and i knew it. Jiyong would make fun of me for thinking like that. 'Always assume the unexpected'. Dying is a part of living. Walking away from it will only bring more pain. I would spend the rest of my life always wondering, thinking 'what if i had gone back to check', 'what if i hadn't left with Jiyong in the first place'... Jiyong's rule number 1: Never think 'what if'. You'll live in regret if you don't go and find out. Only those who spends their life thinking 'what if' is a bunch of sad people who are afraid to take a crazy chance, and live. We will all die one day, but they will die sad and lonely, regretting not doing this or that. 

We're not going to live that way, are we, Nara? We have done so much together, and if i die, i know that i wouldn't have anything to regret. That's how we live. You're not turning your back on me now, are you?

It felt weird... but it was like Jiyong was talking to me in my head. I could literally hear his voice, even though it wasn't really there. But Jiyong... he would always be in my head. He would always be inside of me. He was a part of me, and that would never change. I had to find out. For Jiyong and my sake. I just had to.

I climbed up on my feet, i was trembling and shaking all over, and the tears was giving me a blurry sight, but still i continued to walk forward, one step at a time. When i entered the opening to the cafeteria, i supported myself on the doorframe, keeping my eyes shut for a few seconds before i opened them.

I wiped my eyes with my sleeve, and glanced up inside the kitchen. Three different people in the same room. Two of them on the floor, dead. One of them had his head seperated from his body and the other was shot in the head. One man standing in between them, with a gun in his right hand.

He turned halfway around, facing me and he dropped the gun on the floor. He fully turned his body towards me, smiling that boy like smile of his that i loved so much. "You did it, Nara. You went in, despite being scared or nervous. You stopped thinking, and started doing. And for that... i would like to say that i'm so proud of you".

"Jiyong... what... what is this?" I walked closer to him, looking down at Jungkoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter