Chapter 2

Survival Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kiseop, the Saw guy, snapped the paper right out of my hands. Not that he needed much strength to do so, i was feeling pretty weak right now, and it wasn't because of the drugs. Jungkook was right. This was definitely a copy cat, but how? How did the copy cat find out about the hit list? That wasn't released in any of the articles when the news of the murder finally came out. Jiyong and me checked every single magazine and newspaper there was, but none of them mentioned anything about it, or us.

We just figured they hadn't bothered to check the corpses' clothes, as odd as that may be, it was the only realistic explanation. But now... someone was here, copying OUR murders, and they had even included the hit list. This was reasons enough to make Jiyong pissed, no wonder he was nervous. Someone was taking the blame, or the fame (?) of his doing, our doing, and i bet he didn't like that one bit. I had to find him. Right now. This wasn't just a game anymore, this was deadly serious. This time, both Jiyong and me could be in danger. We needed to stay together.

"This is not good," Kiseop curled the paper into a small ball and tossed it across the room. It hit the wall, and rolled across the floor, until it hit the dead guy's... Jaehyo's leg. I glanced up at Kiseop. His face was sharp, and his eyes looked really cold and lost. He got up from the bed, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Splitting up obviously won't do us any good. Someone should go after Jiyong".

"We can't trust anyone," Jungkook said, putting his knees up to his chest on my bed, putting his arm over them as he rested his head on his arm, looking at the floor. He looked like he was thinking really hard, his expression was serious, and for a short moment, that cuteness he always possessed was almost non-existent. 

"Well then, let's just stay in groups. I'll go after Jiyong," Ji Hyun had this smirk on her face that i didn't like at all as she walked towards the door, but Kiseop was much faster. He immediately sprinted to the doors, blockin the opening. Ji Hyun glared up at him. "Move".

"No way. For all we know, you could be the killer, and if you are, this would be a perfect opportunity for you to kill Jiyong. We can't let you go after him alone".

"He makes a good point," Jungkook took a quick look at all of us, including Jaehyo. "We'll split up in groups for now. It's safer that way. Kiseop, Ji Hyun, you two can go together to look for Jiyong, but you need to bring another person. If one of you are the killer, then one of you will be dead. Who wants to go?"

No one answered. Who would? I wanted to go, but only to see Jiyong. But if i volunteered, they might get suspicious of me. Jungkook knew all there was to know about the first murder that took place here, it probably wouldn't take long for him to figure out it was Jiyong and me who was behind it all, and if that happened, it was a sure bet he wouldn't believe us if we told him we weren't behind it this time. They would probably kill us, thinking that's it. That they've catched them. All we could really do... was just to try and survive.

"Right," Jungkook sighed, and walked over to Kiseop and Ji Hyun. "I'll go. Hyoyeon, Nara, Hyunseung, you three stay here. Don't go anywhere unless something happens. If something were to happen... come find us immediately. We'll do the same if something happens to us," Jungkook took one last glance around the room before him and the two others disappeared into the dark corridor. 

As soon as they left, i got off my bed and sat on my knees infront of Jaehyo's head. I didn't care that i was sitting in his blood, i was pretty used to that now. Hyoyeon just looked at me, half disgusted, half shocked, but i ignored her as i leaned half of my body over his, checking if he really was dead or just heavily drugged.

But there was no pulse. I was just about to his jacket to check for bruises when this loud, screeching and an extremely painful noise could be heard over us. Hyoyeon screamed, and Hyunseung flinched a bit, but i ignored it and went back to what i was doing. I already knew what that sound was. "Rusty pipes," I said as i examined the upper body of Jaehyo.

Small, purple bruises on his neck and chest, small burn marks, that seemed to come from a cigarette, a small blood trail that started from his belly button and down into his pants. I already knew, but getting it confirmed was still a shock to me. This is the exact same way Jaejoong had been murdered. 

I wanted to check his back for a gun shot, but he was too heavy for me to lift up all by myself, and i doubt Hyunseung and Hyoyeon would lend me a hand. But so far, everything seemed to match to Jaejoong's death. But one thing was concerning me. Jaehyo's wrists were indeed slit, but the killer didn't seem to bother to cover it up as a suicide. Either the killer was extremely stupid, or he or she wanted us to know that Jaehyo was murdered, and the same thing would happen to us. 

Not covering up your tracks means that the killer doesn't plan on leaving anyone alive. All of us are going to die. Soon. Unless someone comes up with a plan. Hopefully that person would be Jiyong. 

I sat down on my knees, my resting on my heels as i looked at Jaehyo's body, biting down on my bottom lip. This didn't make sense. Who could be copying our deaths? And why? Had someone figured out Jiyong and me were behind the first murder? But there was no traces that it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter