chapter 32

apocalypse II

Mir sat unmoving. He felt the throbbing pain on his neck. He felt the warm sticky liquid wetting his neck and his shirt. But he couldn't even be bothered by that and his eyes was only fixed on the now unmoving Hyojin.

Byunghee ran to Mir even when his legs felt weak and wobbly. He crouched next to Mir and took off his sweater. He used the clothe and pressed on the wound with his shaky hands to stop the bleeding even when his logic mind kept yelling that it was too late. The wound wasn't that bad but it was of no use. He had lost Mir. He had lost his Mir. But no. He ignored all the yelling in his head and just acted on his impulse. He wondered though. Was this how Mir felt when the boy watched Sanghyuk got bitten in front of his own two eyes? Just so helpless. So hopeless...

"It was my sister. It was Hyojin." Mir managed weakly. His voice was quiet. Emotions swirled in his dark brown eyes. Memories of him with his family flashed in his mind like a stack of polaroids. The others had gathered around the boy. 

They were all lost for words. Taemin was sobbing in Key's embrace knowing Mir would die. Mir would leave them.

Mir pushed Byunghee's shaky hands away weakly and crawled to Hyojin's dead body. He gently tucked away the strands of hair that were blocking her face and caressed her cheek. Right now, he didn't see the decaying look of her. Only the beautiful face of her when she was alive. It was like he saw his beautifully smiling sister again. 

All of those time he spent hoping Hyojin was still alive somewhere. Reminding himself that he still had at least a sister. Hoping he still had a family. No... He was wrong. Hyojin had left him. He was wrong. He was alone. He had no one. Not anymore. He was alone.

They all stayed silent like that for a good five minutes. Grief was choking them in the air. Their faces showed nothing but despair. Mir's blood had stopped as Key bandaged the wound while Mir was focusing on Hyojin.

"I'm going to bury her." Mir said after a few minutes of grieving. "Next to my parents and Hyosun noona." The boy's voice surprisingly steady and he carried the decaying body of Hyojin alone, a bit unstable as he stumbled a little here and there but still declining every help from the others.

 

 

-double updates-