chapter 30

apocalypse II

After some times, the sound of gunshots ceased. the area in front of the barn was filled with dead bodies. The three shooters went to check on those lying bodies to make sure they didn't miss even one.

Mir beckoned Key to him so Key can hold onto the still wailing Lizzy. He glanced at Nana whom had fainted in Seungho's arm and Wooyoung who had stopped struggling and now kneeling with grief, looking as if his soul had been out of him. Mir did feel what they felt. In that barn, were the people from his life in the past too. But, there was nothing left. They couldn't turn back the time.

The brown haired boy stepped over the dead bodies, already used to the rotting smell of decaying bodies. He went into the barn. Gun ready in his hand as his wide brown eyes scanned the place.

Mir turned to his right when there was movement under the shadow at one corner of the barn that he spotted. He cocked the gun on that direction and waited silently.

From under the darkness of shadow, a walker stepped into the light. His heart stopped. "Hyojin noona." He called, barely above whisper and almost choked on his own tongue. His gun fall near his foot, clanging on the ground as he watched with wide eyes how his once bright and pretty sister limped towards him, snarling and growling. Baring her yellowing teeth towards him.

His hands felt useless by his side. He couldn't even move a finger. There, again. He was there again. In the world where he was hanging between reality and dream. Was this... Real? The world around him seemed to shut down. Light around him seemed to be swallowed by darkness leaving only him and his sister. In the endless darkness. The shock of seeing his older sister like this had paralyzed him. Hyojin had a large gash on her stomach showing the guts that almost fall out. Mir fall on his knees weakly as he gagged.

"Mir! Run!" He heard Rain's voice shouting at him. 

But no! He just couldn't move. He couldn't run. It was like his own body was no longer in his control. No longer his. He felt Hyojin's fingers tangled into his brown locks. He closed his eyes, giving everything up. 'Let it go.' As if he heard the voice of his sister, he did let go. Letting his sister took him. And later he felt the shooting and burning pain on his neck. His breath hitched. This was it. He finally let go...

"NO!"