chapter 27

apocalypse II

Byunghee stole a glance towards the four bestfriends that had just reunited. The four was deep in their own conversation across the wide field. His attention was back to his group when Rain spoke.

"We should get rid of those walkers." Rain started. His features tense.

"I don't think they will be enthusiastic of that idea." Seungho disagreed as he gestured subtly to the four friends.

"But, it's a disaster waiting to happen!" Onew hissed. More than half of them agreed to annihilate the walkers in the barn buy Key, Taemin, Seungho and Sanghyun had been opposing the idea.

"This is their village. We are the outsiders. We have no right." Seungho tried.

Minho scoffed. "Claiming this is their village, so we can't kill the walkers here is nothing but stupid." 

"I have to say, I agree with him." Jonghyun added.

"Mir hyung will hate us." Taemin mumbled and his eyes flickered to Mir's direction. Coincidentally, Mir was also looking in his way and the older smiled softly at him but he couldn't find it in himself to reply.

Taemin noticed how Mir's brows furrowed. He guessed he was being too obvious, so he tried his best to smile. Mir gave him a look. He knew Mir wanted to ask him of what was disturbing him, but the older just let it slipped away. For now.

"A barn filled with walkers. It's a disaster waiting to happen, like Onew said. I'm sure Mir understand this too." Byunghee cut in trying to assure Taemin. "Though I'm not sure if his friends would."

"There're only two choices. Either we kill all of those walkers and we can live here or we let them have their way and we leave." Rain gave his opinion. He really didn't want to even think of living with the risk of a barn filled with walker collapse and attacked them during their unguarded time.

Sanghyun sighed. "How about we just don't meddle with what they are doing and still live here." Sanghyun gulped when he noticed the glare Rain gave him. "I-I mean. They have those walkers locked in that barn for months already and nothing happened." He added with a small voice.

"He's right." Seungho agreed and patted the frightened boy's knees.

"No, he's wrong." Jonghyun shot. "There's no guarantee it will be safe even in future. I'm not going to live and sleep here knowing there's a barn full of walkers next to me."

"I'm not taking the risk too." Rain chipped in.

"Just... Just wait for now. I'll talk with Mir and his friends first." Was what Seungho had decided after that long debate. The others stayed quiet though some of them were having dissatisfied look on their faces.