PANic

Sugar Free

Chapter Soundtrack: Gimme- GOT7

 

When the two got to the mall, they went straight to a formal wear shop. Dozen of suit and hundreds of dresses lined the walls and racks. They looked among them before Celeste spoke up.

 

“Have anything in mind?” She asked as she ran her fingers along a very nice Italian suit.

 

“Pick out something you think would look good on me.”

 

“Really?” She looked skeptically at him.

 

“Yeah! I have no idea what I’m looking at but you know everything there is to know about clothes. You’ll know what’ll look good on me.”

 

“Well thank you. I don’t know everything, though. I just know what looks good together and what’s in style right now.  A side effect of my families business. I have no idea how to sew or anything like that. I’m happy to help you though!”

 

Jackson gave her a light shove toward the racks and she started looking around, trying to find something suitable. Should she go with something colorful to fit his personality or something classic to play up his hidden gentleman side? Celeste pulled him buy his sleeve around the store to see how different colors looked against is skin. After a while she settled on a black suit with pinstripes and a matching tie.

 

 

“Go try this on.” She handed it to him and they walked over to the changing room. An attendant gave them the number to his stall and Celeste waited outside while he put it on. There was the rustling of fabric and then silence. After a minute, she started to get worried.

 

“Jackson? You okay in there?” She knocked lightly on the door.

 

“Yeah um…” He sounded embarrassed. “I totally know how to tie a tie… Yep.”

 

She giggled. “Come on out and let me do it for you.”

 

The door opened. “Well, I mean, if you insist.” He came out acting all suave and winked at Celeste. 

 

“Come here and let me tie your tie, Lady’s Man.” Jackson walked over and she got to work.

 

“Have you fallen for me yet?” He asked with a cheeky grin on his face.

 

“Hm…” Celeste took a step back to admire her work. “I might if you keep wearing that suit. Go look at yourself in the mirror.”

 

He turned around and faced a full length mirror. He turned this way and that, admiring the welt suit. “Damn, I look good.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

Jackson went back into and began to take it off so they could by it. As he did so, Celeste began to worry her nails. She thought about what she had seen happen in the hall way and it made her stomach churn. Did Jackson not trust her anymore? Why didn’t he talk to her about the girl he likes? She could help him! After all, isn’t that what friends are for? Anxiety laced itself around her and she sighed, giving in. f she didn’t ask him now, she’d be on edge for the rest until she did talk to him about it. And it’ll only get more awkward to talk about it as time when on so it was either now or painfully later.

 

“Hey, Jackson…” She started nervously.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Yesterday, during a passing period, I saw the girl confess to you. And I heard your reply.”

 

Inside the stall, Jackson froze like a deer caught in a headlight.

 

she heard that?

 

“And I was wondering,”

 

did she figure it out? She’s normally terrible with this sort of a thing why’d she have to get perceptive now?

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you liked someone?” The betrayal she felt bleed into her words and guilt shot jackson in the heart. “Do you not trust me or…?”

 

“No! Of course not!” He quickly hung everything back on it hangers and stepped out of the stall. “How could you even think that after we’ve been friends for so long, Candy?”

 

Jackson laid the suit on s nearby chair so it wouldn’t crease and hugged Celeste. She wrapped her small arms around him and buried her face in his chest.

 

“It’s just… I don’t know. I wanted to keep it to myself. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.” He rocked her back and forth.

 

“It’s okay. It’s not like you have to tell me.” She took a deep breath. “Sorry, I just got worried about why you didn’t tell me and I just-” She sighed. “I don’t know. there isn’t really a good reason or excuse.”

 

 

“Don’t worry about it, Candy. I get it.” He pulled away from her slightly and gently kissed her forehead. Though Celeste had no idea, this simple gesture they had done since they were kids had begun to make his heart flutter in recent years.

 

The friends made their way to the cash register in a serious and slightly uncomfortably silence. They left the store and the loud chatter of the busy mall punctured their quiet. 

 

“So,” Celeste spoke up a minute later as they headed to the food court. “Who is it?”

 

“Uh…” Jackson had pulled out his phone and was looking at a texted from Bambam he had gotten while trying on the suit. Without thinking about what she had asked, he replied. “Bambam.”

 

“Wait you’re gay?” She asked confused. “I didn’t know that! What other secrets do I not know about?”

 

It took a moment of it to register that she had asked who he liked and Jackson’s face got bright red when he realized what he had implied. 

 

“No. I’m Panual, actually.” He confessed truthfully.

 

“Oh! Okay! Yeah that makes sense.” She was quiet for a moment before turning to him and pouted. “Did you seriously not tell me because you were afraid that I’d tell him?”

 

“Hahaha…” Jackson wasn’t sure what to do at this point. While he was glad she hadn’t figured out who he really liked, she now thought he liked one of their best friends. But what was there to do at this point but play along? “No… The opportunity just never came up…”

 

“Ah, okay. Yeah that is kinda hard to bring up out of the blue.” She paused, seeming to be thinking about this new revelation. “Any way, let’s get some food.” 

 

 

Celeste took his hand and gave it a quick squeeze as she led him through the crowd. Jackson watched her from behind with a far away look in his eyes.

 

Maybe one day soon I’ll get the courage to tell you I love you, my Candy.

Hey guys! I've started a new GOT7 fic! It's called Silver Rose and it focuses on Yugyeom. It's about werewolves and is more of a drama than Sugar Free. It updates every Friday! Please check it out if it sounds like something you're interested in! And don't worry, Sugar Free will still update on mondays. I've been working on both fics for a while so I have several unpublished chapters for both of them so I'll be able to keep steady updates.

 

Anyways I hope you guys have a good week and I'll see you next monday!