School Again

Sugar Free

Chapter Soundtrack link: Forever Young- GOT7

 

                                                              

 

Celeste bounced down the stairs and smiled as she made her way toward the kitchen. Today was the first day of the school year, and that meant being able to see her best friends almost every day of the week again. She grabbed a granola bar and the milk jug from the fridge and poured herself a glass.

 

“Someone’s eager to get to school.” Her mom walked into the room, still haphazardly dressed in her misbuttoned pajamas and messy bedhead.

 

“Yep! I can’t wait to get back to class. Especially since the guys actually managed to convince the teachers to let them do their boy band thing in the dance rooms during free period. I’ll be able to watch them practice a lot more now.”

 

“Oh they’re actually planning on doing that?”

“Yeah, I was surprised too. I didn’t expect any of them to actually seriously consider my suggestion of forming a band. They seem really excited about it though.”

Celeste glanced at the clock and noticed the time. “Oh shoot, I’m going to be late if I don’t leave now. Bye Mom!” She kissed her on the cheek and grabbed her bag from the counter. “See you after school!”

“Have a good day, dear!”

Celeste quickly left her house and walked down the sidewalk. Luckily she only lived a ten minute walk away from her school so she should be fine if nothing crazy happen. She glanced around as she walked to try to find one of her friends. Walking to school alone was alright but it would be a lot better if she had a friend to talk to. A few blocks later and it seemed like she wouldn’t be able to find any of them until class started. Until, that is, she brighter and grinned when she spotted a familiar mop of brown and pink hair.

“Bambam!” Celeste called to him and waved wildly at him. “Over here!”

He turned around, smiled, and flashed a peace sign when he saw her. “Celeste!”

“Hey!” She gave him a quick hug before asking.”How was your break?”

“Jackson came over and played with me almost every day so I had fun.” The two boys lived next door to each other and had been childhood friends ever since Bambam had moved to Korea. “What about yours?”

“Nothing too amazing. I worked on some props for the haunted house and saved up my paychecks to buy a new dress and some accessories.” She had a part time job at a haunted house.

“I knew I hadn’t seen that dress before!” Bambam looked her up and down. “You look so cute, Celeste.”

She twirled around to show off her dress and giggled. “Thanks Bambam! It’s a Mary Magdalene!”

The dress in question was a soft pink lolita dress with a lace trim. She wore a matching pink wig with candy and cute animal pins scattered across it.

She was the embodiment of a perfect sweet lolita.

“One day you might be cuter than me at this rate, Celeste.” He put a hand on his chest and pretended to take a moment to imagine that with an exaggerated dark look on his face. “That will be a sad day. The world can barely handle having me in it. How will it handle me and a you thats cuter than me?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” She raised her eyebrows. “I am at least 5000 times cuter than you.”

Bambam opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted by a shout.

“Bambam! What kind of a wife are you! How could you let me over sleep?” Jackson ran toward them and glared stupidly at his best friend.

“You made me stay up late to play video games! You deserved to oversleep.”

“I didn’t make you; I invited you and you accepted. There’s a big difference.” Jackson turned toward Celeste. “Can you believe him, Candy?”

“Oi! Don’t call me Candy! You know I don’t like sweets.” She scowled at him.

“Sorry, it’s a habit.” He grinned. “You’re just so sweet in every way, it’s hard to think of anything else when I look at you.”

“You need need to chill. It’s like, what, eight in the morning? And while I may look like I have my life together with this cute outfit, I do not and I’m really tired. Like, too tired to deal with all… This.” She waved her hand ambiguously toward Jackson.

“You just gestured to all of me.”

“Yep! That’s it! I love you but, I’m too tired to deal with you and your shenanigans.”

“She said she didn’t want to deal with you today, Jackson. Go away! I’ll walk her to class.” Bambam linked arms with her and stuck his tongue out at the older boy.

“No way I’m leaving he alone with you! You know she has a weakness for cute things, you might try to manipulate her!”

“So you’re saying I’m cute?” Bambam winked at Jackson.

“I’m going to stop this right here. Save the flirting for when I’m not around.” Celeste quickly cut in.

“Oh no she’s jealous!” Jackson shouted loudly. “Don’t worry, Candy! You’ll always been cuter than him!”

The three of them chattered and argued loudly until they got to school. The rest of their friends were waiting out front for them and waved when they saw the small group approaching. Jackson and Bambam ran ahead to give the other hugs. All seven of the boys were quite the sight for sore eyes when they were together. Girls that were entering the school walked by them significantly slower so they could watch them out of the corner of their eye or try to impress them with their new Gucci bags.

They grinned and greeted each other noisily and Celeste couldn’t help but smile as she realized how lucky she was to have such great friends.

“Celeste!” They called out to her. “Come over here so we can give you a hug!”

She nodded and held out her arms to them. All seven of her boys wrapped her up in a big warm hug and Celeste had a feeling that this year was going to be one of the best ones ever.