Chapter Two

The Space Between

Jung Haerin P.O.V.

The next mornings are the worst. I felt like complete . I sighed when getting up. I looked in my mirror and saw dark rings under my eyes. Those are the least of my worries right about now. I hopped back in my bed and grabbed my phone. Nothing. I chuckled. Like usual. I threw my phone to the side.

Sometimes, I want to stay in my bed, in my home, but I need to get away from the pain. Sometimes I’m too physically and mentally tired to do anything, but I need a break of fresh air. I changed into a pair of jeans and a hoodie and walked out. I checked the house.

“Chanwoo?” I called out. I checked his room and in the kitchen, but he wasn’t there. I scoffed. “Why would he even be there for you?” I asked myself. “Oh yeah, because he’s your brother.” I walked out the door and once again, I did not have a plan. I wandered, and wandered, and wandered. “Really now?” I asked. I saw the tall YG building in the far distance. I sighed and walked to the left of it. I walked down the sidewalk carelessly.

Finally, I had a walk without any drama in my day. I walked back to my home without any trouble and cooked myself some brunch. It was already 12 in the afternoon, but I did sleep in to 10. I cooked myself just a quick chicken noodle soup. I ate in a quiet silence. Even after the bowl of soup, I still didn’t feel full. I just felt empty.

I then saw my phone buzz slightly. I looked up at in confusion. I grabbed it and checked the message.

From: Chanwoo

Open the door

I was a bit confused and irritated. After all that fighting, he asks me that? I scoffed.

From: Haerin

You have the keys

 

From: Chanwoo

Just open it

I rolled my eyes. I saw Chanwoo standing there with a bag of my favorite foods. I stared at him to see what he would say next.

“Uh, sorry?” He questioned himself. I rolled my eyes but still laughed slightly.

“That’s all?” I raised a brow. He sighed.

“I’m sorry for being stupid and yelling at you, for siding with the other guys and being an idiot and forcing you to your ex boyfriend,” He apologized. I processed his words. I grinned slightly and let him in.

“I’ll get over it,” I answered truthfully. He set the bag on the table.

“I’m really sorry Noona, I should have been more understanding and knew what was going on,” He started. “Plus, I should of known B.I hyung was the same Hanbin you always rambled around when you were younger.” I laughed at his words.

“Don’t sweat it, Hanbin is a very common name,” I said. A wave of silence washed over us.

“So we’re cool?” Chanwoo asked suddenly. A wave of unsureness took over me. I fiddled with my fingers.

“Like I said, I’ll get over it,” I honestly stated. He nodded.

“Well, I have a lifetime to wait,” He said smiling. “Now, let’s eat.” I smiled and finally agreed with him.

Hanbin P.O.V.

“Dammit!” I shouted. The echo of my voice sounded the practice room. I threw my hat off and roughly brushed my hands through my hair. I was sitting in an empty room without my members. I kept messing up the dance and I never mess up. I sighed. What’s the problem? Why am I messing up so much?

“Hey,” A soft, angel-like voice called out. I looked to my side and suddenly my sadness had washed away.

“Hey yourself,” I softly said. She chuckled. Her chuckles to me sounded like bells ringing softly. She walked over to me and sat down at my side. She put her hand on my shoulder.

“Don’t beat yourself up because of her,” Hayi advised. I chuckled.

“I’m fine, it’s just I’m angry that she just yelled at me like that,” I lied to myself. She rubbed my back and that soothed me.

“She’s not worth your pain,” Hayi said. I smiled at her, my dimples evidently showing. I stood up off the ground and helped her too. I turned away, but she grabbed my hand. “Hanbin, I’m serious.” She frowned. I took my free hand and lifted her chin up.

“So am I.” I her cheek softly. Her face lifted into a smile. “I like it more when you’re smiling.”

“I like it more when you’re smiling too,” She giggled. She lifted her hand to my cheek too.

I heard a knock on the door. I saw Jinhwan at the door along with the members.

“Cut it out love birds,” Jinhwan spoke jokingly. Hayi and I pulled away laughing.

“I thought I told you guys to leave for today,” I said. Donghyuk chuckled.

“Well, we just thought you need help over Haerin, but it seems like you’re over it now,” He joked. They all laughed. Bobby hyung and patted me on the back. The atmosphere turned slightly weird after my question.

“Is Chanwoo here?” I asked. Everyone turned their heads away.

“Not yet,” Junhoe replied.

“I’ve never liked that kid anyways,” Yunhyeong argued. We chuckled.

“You don’t have to lie just because of his sister,” I said comfortingly.

“Yeah, we all know that you’re the closest with him anyways,” Jinhwan admitted. We all laughed.

“Yeah, Chanwoo is awesome, but his sister is a little…” Hayi trailed off. The atmosphere turned weird again.

“Crazy.”

“Psycho.”

“Irrational.”

“Scary.”

“Needs anger management classes.” I finished. We all nodded except Junhoe.

“Whatever, I still miss Noona,” He finally said. I scoffed at him.

“How can you still like her after what she did to us?” Bobby took the words right from my mouth.

“And what did she do exactly?” Everyone was silent. “C’mon speak. What did she do?” Silent. “Seriously guys, was it the time she got her heart broken by Hanbin hyung? The time when Hayi tricked Hanbin into believing her, not Haerin noona? Or was it the time when Haerin yelled at us because we were being es? Please choose one of the choices.” Junhoe stated. We stood in shock in what came from one of the maknae’s mouth.

“Hayi did nothing of the sort,” Yunhyeong stated.

“Yeah right! You heard what Haerin noona said about her! She’s pure evil!” Junhoe yelled. I saw a tear drop from Hayi’s eyes.

“YAH! Get out Goo Junhoe!” Jinhwan shouted for me. The tears were now spilling rapidly from her eyes. Junhoe got up and was about to run into the room, until he was stopped.

“No, Junhoe, you’re going to stay.”

Haerin P.O.V.

I was sitting at the table in silence while Chanwoo and I were pigging out on the foods he bought me.

“You know Noona, I now work in YG,” He said suddenly. I nodded.

“Yeah, so?”

“Well, I now have a pass to get in.” At that sentence, I finally got what he was saying. I gave a small smirk.

“I like the way you think,” I replied smiling. He laughed. I stood up. “Well, let’s not waste our time here.” We exited the house. For once, I knew where I was going and I wanted to go there. I stopped straight over to the YG building to battle my fears once and for all.

“You ok Noona?” Chanwoo asked. I nodded.

“Yeah, I guess I’ll get over it. Now that I have an amazing brother to comfort me,” I answered. He smiled happily, then frowned.

“I am really sorry, Noona, that I took their side, not yours,” He apologized once again.

“It’s fine Ch-“ I started.

“No it’s not. I’m your brother, I should always take your side, no matter what.” I just smiled.

“We all make mistakes, Chanwoo. Some bigger than others, but they’re all mistakes,” I replied. He smiled again. Then, we arrived at the building. I sighed.

“Ready to go in?” He asked. I nodded.

“Yup.” As I stepped in, it felt like I was just there yesterday. I breathed in heavily. I saw the front desk and the cafeteria off to the side. I smiled at the people passing and bowed.

“C’mon Noona, I’ll lead you to the practice room they’re probably there,” He said leading me down some halls. As we neared closer, we heard conversations going on. I peeked inside and saw all of them in there, including Lee Hi. My brother told be to shush and be listen on what they were fighting about.

“Is Chanwoo here?” I heard Hanbin ask. I even felt the atmosphere turn tense, I grabbed my brother’s shoulder and relaxed him.

“Not yet.”

“I never liked that kid anyways.” I heard Chanwoo scoff. I gave him a small smile.

You don’t have to lie just because of his sister.”

“Yeah, we all know that you’re the closest with him anyways,” I heard Jinhwan say.

“Yeah, Chanwoo is awesome, but his sister is a little…” I growled slightly.

“Crazy.”

“Psycho.”

“Irrational.”

“Scary.”

“Needs anger management classes.”

“Whatever, I still miss Noona,”

“How can you still like her after what she did to us?”

“And what did she do exactly?” I heard Junhoe say. I gasped and looked at Chanwoo. He looked as surprised as I was.

“C’mon speak. What did she do?” Silence. “Seriously guys, was it the time she got her heart broken by Hanbin hyung? The time when Hayi tricked Hanbin into believing her, not Haerin noona? Or was it the time when Haerin yelled at us because we were being es? Please choose one of the choices.” Junhoe stated. My jaw dropped down to the floor at his statement.

“Hayi did nothing of the sort.” I heard Yunhyeong say. And I thought he was the nice one.

“Yeah right! You heard what Haerin noona said about her! She’s pure evil!” Junhoe yelled. I smiled at what Junhoe was saying.

“YAH! Get out Goo Junhoe!” I heard Junhoe rustling to get up. I stood up to and burst into the room.

“No, Junhoe, you’re going to stay.” Everyone whipped their heads towards me. I saw their faces turn into shock. I saw Junhoe turn towards me too. He smiled at me and hugged me.

“I missed you Noona,” He said. I smiled into the hug.

“I missed you too, kiddo,” I said smiling. But my smile turned into a glare right away. I heard Chanwoo walked into the room too. I saw him glare straight at Yunhyeong and he looked away awkwardly. I suddenly broke the silence. “You know, if I had six hands right now, I would be slapping each and every one of you.” I saw everyone gulp. I chuckled. “But I don’t. So I guess I’ll have to choose wisely with the two I have.” I smiled darkly. I locked eyes with all of them. “Any volunteers?” I asked. I looked straight at Hanbin and he stared back with the same glare.

“You don’t scare me,” He replied. I scoffed.

“Oh, well, I think I’m scaring the others,” I fought. I looked at Lee Hi. She was now smirking. I then slapped her and she fell. I felt Hanbin push me back. I saw the boys help her, excluding Chanwoo and Junhoe.

“What the hell?? Why are you following us around?” He shouted at me, pushing me at it. I smirked. He raised his hand but I grabbed it in time. I pushed him back too.

“Did you forget who took martial arts classes when they were younger? Remember how I would show you what I learned in class and you would how me your rapping? Remember that, Hanbin-ssi?” I tested. He turned tense. “Oh wait, you probably forgot with your girl toy over there.”

“DON’T CALL HER THAT!” He had shouted. I just chuckled at him.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Was that a wrong word to use?” I tested again. His jaw tightened. I walked close to him testing the waters. I looked at Lee Hi again, she was looking at me in fear again. I smiled. “Awww, am I scaring you? Should’ve thought of that before you stole my boyfriend,” I answered. I looked back at Chanwoo and Junhoe who were behind me. I clenched my fists. “Ya know, I’m totally fine with any you have to say about me. But never, ever, hurt the people who stick up for me,” I stated. I looked straight into Hanbin’s eyes and I felt a pang of pain.

I tried to ignore the pain, but this was someone I knew since I was young. Someone I loved and trusted with all my heart. His stare was hard and insincere; I knew I had made a mistake on coming here. 

“Did you ever feel the same way?” I asked softly. I looked into his eyes that turned soft, but yet hard again.

“What do you mean?” He asked again.

“Was it all a lie? Did you ever love me that way I loved you? Did you trust me the same way where I would die for you? Or did you just lie to me this whole time?” I asked a bit louder.

“Why are you asking me this? You dumped me!” He accused. I looked up at him teary eyed.

“Did you want me to keep going out with you when you only saw Lee Hi? Did you want me to keep dating you in pain? Was that all I meant to you?” I asked. His stare turned soft and he looked away.

“I don’t think I have to answer you,” He stated. I nodded clenching my jaw.

“Fine, whatever,” I said, trying to not burst into tears. I walked out of the building with Junhoe and Chanwoo trailing behind me.

It was all just lies Haerin. Nothing was real between you. Your love or friendship, it was all fake. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

Hello~ I hope this chapter lived up to your expectations! I didn't read over it, so just beware of grammatical errors and such. There should only be one or to more chapters after this one, so just stay tuned for that! 

Comment your opinions down below! :)