me? a groupie?

Everything Is Gonna Be Alright!

I felt smashed food under me and swore silently, so only I could hear. However, the adults started to laugh loudly and I couldn't hear my own thoughts. I felt a tear, running down my cheek. I jumped up and quickly rand to dad's car, forgetting that my was probably covered in food. When I reached the car and hid behind it, I let my tears flow freely. I didn't know who to hate and fear anymore.

I made a fool of myself not by knocked over the damn table, but by being born in the first place. I was sure I could hear the awful laugh for an hour, while hunkering next to the car and crying my eyes out. I was becoming angry with myself even for not being able to stop my tears. Because of shedding so many tears I felt as a little child, who lost their toy. I tried to find out who could have thought of the previous event. I was sure it couldn't have been neither Jaejoong or Junsu.

For some reason, Changmin crossed my mind. But I just shook my head and even smiled through tears because such stupid thing could never happen. Then I remembered my brother's enthusiasm while coming to the gathering. Usually he's not too keen of coming here just like me. With every second I became more convinced that it was all Changmin's doing. Though I secretly wished it wasn't him and I got it all wrong, because I had no idea on whom could I bash my anger. My train of thoughts was disturbed by Changmin.

“Sorry”   he hugged he with one hand “I'm so sorry, Minji”

“For what?”   I dried my tears with a sleeve.

“That... that you fooled yourself”   some kind of heaviness could be felt in his voice.

“But you're not the one to blame. Don't be sorry”   I looked him in the eye.

“No, Minji, you're not right. I'm the guiltiest in this mess”   Changmin shook his head.

“You asked the twins...”   I couldn't finish, because another wave of tears came up.

“Please forgive me, Minji”   my brother hugged me tighter.

“It hurts”   I complained.

“I really didn't want to hurt you. I swear. Please, don't be mad”   he whispered.

I didn't respond, letting the tears to eat my face. Changmin's arms embraced me fully. I was so lost in sadness that I lost the track of time. Just as I started to enjoy my brother's warmth, he stood up and extended his hand to me.

“I don't wanna go there”  I confessed.

“I'm not taking you there”

I hesitated for a moment. I trusted my brother a lot, but sometimes it was impossible. I reached for Changmin's hand and he turned to the guests.

“You said you wouldn't go there. Plus, my is still covered with food”   I hissed.

Changmin didn't say anything, he just opened father's car and took his hoodie.

“Put it on your waist”

“But it will get dirty”

“It doesn't matter. Put it on. I'll just wash it later” my brother smiled.

Biting my lip, I took the piece of clothing. I put it on my waist, so my wouldn't be visible. Changmin took my hand again and walked towards the people. However, he quickly pulled me into the house just before anyone could see us. I sighed silently from relief. My brother lead me into the living room, where twins were watching TV.

“Changmin, we're terribly sorry it turned out like this” said Jaejoong, when he saw us.

“It's okay”  he smiled and pulled me to sit next to him on a sofa.

“So, how's life?”  the twin asked, while turned the channel.

“Good, I guess.”

Jaejoong didn't say more, he just turned the TV channel again. I looked at Junsu, who was still keeping silent. He sat calmly and stared at me with strange smile. I bit my lip and lowered my head, looking at my hands.

“Great then” Jaejoong said suddenly “We plan going on new tour after a couple of days. Maybe you would like to join us, Changmin? You could take Minji too, if no one is against it. You two could be our groupies.” he laughed.

“After two days?” my brother asked.

“Yeah” he turned to us, putting the TV remote down.

“I can't. I have exams for upcoming two weeks. But Minji could go, she doesn't have to go to school anymore.”

As soon as I heard what Changmin said, I turned to him with fury in my eyes.

“What?” he asked gingerly.

“I don't wanna go. I'll just get in the way”

“You won't!” Junsu shouted suddenly, though he hadn't said a word up until now.

“Bu-” I trailed.

“Yeah, Minji, you won't interfere. We will gladly take you with us” Jaejoong assured me.

“But the other two members...”

“Yunho and Yoochun won't be against this” both twins shook their head at the same time.

“Well...” I still hesitated.

“Then it's settled. Minji is going with you guys” my brother butted in.

“Parents won't let me go” I looked at him angrily.

“They will. I will talk with them”

“But tours last for more than three months and new school year starts in less than three” I didn't give in.

“You can come back whenever you want” Junsu said. Does it just look like that, or does he really want me to go?

“Well... I still don't think parents will let me” I clang onto the idea.

“I told you they will” Changmin smirked.

“Fine” I sighed in defeat.

“Perfect!” Jaejoong clapped “We will come for you tomorrow, so you would have enough time to settle with us and get to know Yunho and Yoochun”

“Tomorrow?” I almost shouted.

Jaejoong just nodded. I was so sure Changmin won't have enough time to persuade parents but he just said it's gonna be fine.

I sighed deeply. After some more small talk, Changmin stood up and lead me to father's car. He left me there but shortly came back, spinning car keys in his hand.

“What did you tell them?” I asked as soon as we got into the car.

“Something”

“For God's sake, I'm sure you told a fat lie...”

“Fine, I lied. So what? You should be happy. You won't have to spend your days at home during summer like you always do” he chattered happily.

I felt uncomfortable a little bit. Changmin was absolutely right. I should have been happy that I won't spend whole summer at home. Up until now I was true home-bird, because I would never leave home. Why? Just... nobody would ask me to do something fun. Nobody wanted me.

“I'm a little bit scared of Junsu” I confessed.

“Don't be”

“But he's so... I think he plans on doing something to me!”

“Minji, don't be afraid. I will kill him, if he does anything to you. Besides, other guys will be next to you and they will protect you like their little sister.”

“Fine. I will try not to ruin anything with my insecurities...”

“Good girl”

“But Changmin” I asked after a shot pause “What did you tell out parents?”

Changmin frowned and stayed silent. I could see that he was not even thinking about telling me anything. However, I didn't give up and asked once more.

“My classmate Yohan is going to Australia this summer, so I said that you know him and he asked you to come together with a couple of more friends and you agreed.”

“What?! But I don't even know Yohan!”

“Everything is gonna be alright” he tried not to shout.

“No, Changmin, it's not. I can already see how something bad happens.”

“Changmin, calm down” my brother said to himself under his nose and squeezed the wheel.

I shut up and didn't say more because I knew is was better to let my brother just be.