flushing with shame!

Everything Is Gonna Be Alright!

Today is Sunday, the sun is burning and I'm forced to sit in a car and die from the heat. With my hands crossed on my chest I couldn't stop to be angry at my parents for making me go to the freaking family-gathering. Like the sun eating my face is not enough, my brother Changmin keeps bothering me!

 

“Gosh, I wanna go there as soon as possible!” he shouted so suddenly I thought I would die form a heart attack.

 

“Can you just shut up?” I raised my eyebrow.

 

“Why are you nagging? Is little Minji jealous?” he smirked and bent closer to me, his seatbelt tightening.

 

“To who and for what should I be jealous?”

 

“Maybe my biological connection with the Kim twins?” he stuck stuck his tongue out.

 

“Your seatbelt is too tight” I said calmly, turning my face to the window.

 

Changmin shut up and for five minutes I could enjoy the silence.

 

“I'm sorry” suddenly my brother breathed into my ear.

 

“Your seatbelt is too tight” I just repeated myself without looking at him.

 

I could hear how he slowly retreated and reclined against his seat. I didn't realize I turned to look at Changmin. He looked up, closed his eyes and primed his lips tightly. It was hard to guess which hurt one another more. Was it him, by reminding me that I'm adopted, or was it me, by pretending I didn't hear his harsh remark. However, that wasn't too important. Both of us will feel bad, not one. I lowered my head and focused my eyes on my yet girly hands but with sleek nails. Today I painted my nails not-eye-catching blue. This colour reminds me of winter. And spring, because in spring there are a lot of bilberries in the forest.

 

My own admiration of my nails was interrupted by my dad, who announced that we've arrived. I looked up and gazed outside. Our car stopped in neat garden. I left the vehicle only when my parents and brother were already hugging and greeting relatives. I sighed and found myself standing at the corner of the house. I swear, being in my father's kin gatherings equals burning in Hell. It's not that I feel like an outcast at these gatherings, it's just that I don't like seeing Jaejoong and Junsu.

 

All the time everyone's attention is directed to them. No, I'm not envious at all, I just hate it when somebody is the centre of attention. I'm not against silently sitting in one place for several hours but the attention the twins get is irritating and fake. Sometimes I can't understand how both of them survive it all. I would have died of boredom if I lived like they did. From time to time I respect them a little bit.

 

Still standing at the corner of the house, I watched as relatives greet my family members without noticing that I'm not near and felt safe. But suddenly I heard a voice from the back. Actually, it was two voices, that I've heard a million times from the radio and the TV.

 

“Hey there, Minji!” the happiness in twins' voice made me want to vomit.

 

“Hello” I replied and turned around, smiling shyly.

 

I couldn't even blink as Jaejoong and Junsu hugged me. For a moment I thought I was seeing things, but I felt the four arms on me and came back to reality. To be honest, I couldn't understand what was going on. Usually nobody noticed me, what to even think about greeting and hugging... I could swear that not even a third of my relatives knew, that in my father's family Changmin was not the only one growing up, but also me, Minji. Twins approach couldn't mean anything good...

 

“How are you?” smiled Jaejoong, when they both got their hands off me.

 

“Good...” I said lazily, trying to understand what was going on.

 

“Awesome then. So, let's go?” he grabbed my hand.

 

“What? Where?” I panicked, when Junsu reached for my other hand.

 

They didn't tell me more, just dragged me after them, not letting go of me. We turned to the centre of small lea in the garden. I held my breath – twins were dragging me to the middle of all people.

 

“Hey, attention everyone! We want to introduce somebody to you” shouted Jaejoong.

 

“No, Jaejoong, don't do this..” I pleaded silently.

 

My eyes, full of fear, caught Changmin, who turned around from the table with a glass of mineral water and smiled, looking at us three.

 

“Here,” said Jaejoong “this is Minji. She's the sister of Changmin and the daughter of his parents”.

 

Jaejoong pushed me in front of him. I clutched hem of my shirt. I was furious! I stood there, on the summery grass, angry as a witch. I was surrounded my relatives, who didn't even know about my existence, even though I've been there for seventeen years. I could perfectly sense people's puzzled stares and thoughts. All I wanted at that moment was to know who came up with such an idea. I was so ready to kill them with my bare hands. I was afraid to stand there with all the eyes on me. But I was more afraid to burst into tears and run away.

 

I stepped back a little. Then some more. Gaining more courage, I stepped back even more, with little and unsteady steps. Then suddenly I fell over a table, full with various food. I gasped and wanted to die more than before.