2Eun

Nothing Can Change the Past

Naeun POV

I woke up with a big smile on my face, why? Because today is my official first date with Eunji unnie. Sure we’ve hung out alone countless times, but this is the first since we became a couple. I was excited to have her to myself. I can’t wait to hold her hands, play with her hair, and hug her. I’ve also done those things before, but I was always scared that she might be disgusted with me or something. I looked at the clock and it says 8:45. Unnie is coming in 15 minutes, crap! I rushed out of bed to brush my teeth and wash my face. In the middle of brushing my teeth I heard my phone make a sound. I went to check it and it was a text message from Eunji unnie.

 

Naeunnie, do you mind if we cancel today? Something came up and I can’t make it

 

Wae? Is everything okay? I replied back feeling really disappointed

 

Yeah everything’s fine, it’s just something came up. Let’s have our date next weekend, arrasso?

 

Alright~ love you unnie!

 

I waited for a bit, but no reply. Of course I felt sad, but I guess she was too busy to reply. I wonder what came up that made Eunji unnie cancel our date. I decided to ask her next time I see her instead of bothering her now. Since I was already up and was in the mood to go out I messaged Hayoung to see if she’s up.

 

Yah Oh Hayoung. Are you up?

 

Nae. What’s up unnie?

 

What are you doing today? Eunji unnie canceled our date, so let’s have a date of our own!

 

But I was planning to spend the day in bed T_T

 

Come on Hayoungie! Let’s go watch a movie and eat, I’ll treat (:

 

Well since we haven’t had a date in a while I guess I can make time for you unnie! Be at your house in 30 minutes.

 

I smiled feeling happy that I got someone to hangout with. That girl only agreeing to come just because I’m buying her stuff. Aiish. I went to closet to pick out what to wear. Originally I wanted to wear my new dress for my date with Eunji unnie, I guess I’ll just wear it since unnie bailed on me. After changing I went into my kitchen to wait for Hayoung.

“NAEUN UNNIE. I’M HERE!” Hayoung shouted busting through the door

“yah! How did you know my passcode?” I said trying to calm my heart from the sudden scare

“unnie you should totally change it. Putting Eunji unnie’s birthday as your passcode is just way too easy” Hayoung said smirking. I walked over to her and hit her on the head earning a pout from her.

“what do you want to do unnie?”

“have you eaten yet? Let’s get breakfast, I haven’t ate yet”

“okay!” Hayoung said grabbing my arm as we walked out together.

Hayoung decided to drive because she believes that she’s a better driver than me. Ha in her dreams. As we were driving I started to think about Eunji unnie. What is she doing? What is possibly so important that she had to cancel our date? I was pulled out of my thoughts when we arrived at the restaurant. We got a table near the window because I love to look outside the window, I don’t know why really.

“unnie, how come your date was canceled?” Hayoung asked

“I don’t know really, Eunji unnie just said something came up” I said pouting

“aww it’s okay unnie, I’ll pretend to be Eunji unnie! Say ahhh” Hayoung said trying to feed me. I laughed at her dorkiness.

“yah if Namjoo sees she’ll be jealous” I said declining the food. We ate in a comfortable silence for bit when Hayoung suddenly stopped eating and kept on staring at something.

“what are you staring at Hayoung-ah?” I said turning around to look at the door. To my surprised it was Eunji unnie and there was a girl next to her. They were holding hands.

“who is that?” Hayoung asked

“I don’t know…but I’m gonna go find out” I said putting down my fork and starting to get up. Before I fully got up Hayoung grabbed onto my arm and pulled me back down.

“let’s just see what they do and stuff” Hayoung said. I hesitated, but agreed. Is this that “something that came up?” who is that girl? I can feel my blood boiling from anger, jealousy, and sadness. Eunji unnie wouldn’t cheat on me, right? ‘Of course she wouldn’t’ a voice said. ‘she probably is, I mean look at that girl. She’s so much prettier than you’ the devil voice inside of me said. Aiish. I can’t take it. The girl was feeding Eunji unnie and unnie was happily eating every bite. What is happening… I can feel Hayoung holding my hand trying to calm me down.

We stared at Eunji unnie and the girl for a while. Most of the times they were eating, well mostly feeding each other. With every bite my heart was breaking. They were laughing and having a lot of fun. Unnie never smiled that big with anyone else beside me before. The next thing the girl did shocked me, Hayoung, and Eunji. The girl leaned in and kissed Eunji on the lips. I don’t know if it was just my eyes playing tricks on me, but I’m pretty sure I saw Eunji unnie kissing her back. I can feel the tears falling down my cheeks nonstop. Hayoung quickly hugged me tightly making sure I was getting all the comfort I needed. After I called down a bit I pulled away from Hayoung thanking her. Luck was realty not on my side today, as I turned back to look at them they were kissing again. I couldn’t take it anymore, the sadness turned into anger. I stormed to their table ready to explode; I can feel Hayoung trailing behind me.

“wow Jung Eunji. So this is what came up, you had a date with your other girlfriend?!” I said as coldly as I could. I grabbed onto Hayoung’s hands because I felt like I was going to falter any time soon

“Na..Na…Naeun-ah, what are you doing here?” Eunji unnie said clearly shocked

“doesn’t matter what I’m doing here. What matters is that we’re done and don’t ever let me see you ever again” I said then turned back to storm out.

As soon as we got back to the car I started to breakdown even harder. How can unnie do this to me? I trusted her for 5 years. She was the one that brought me out of my shell. She was the one that showed me everyone is different. I put all my trust in her. Hayoung kept telling me that maybe it’s just a misunderstanding, but I can tell by her voice that even she didn’t believe her own words. Hayoung helped me get back to my bed, I felt so sleepy from all the crying. Hayoung kept telling me to go to sleep and that she’ll be right here when I get up. I’m so glad I have a little sister like Hayoungie, if she wasn’t here I wouldn’t know what to do.