Chapter One

The Flame Princess (DISCONTINUED)

THE CITY that I am living in is; I don’t have a clue.

 

I am dead serious

 

There was a war, it was back in 2013. Now it’s the modern era and I am all alone, maybe alone, there is a possible chance that there are survivors and I have to find them, soon.

I am injured, minutes ago I was fighting hoodlums that want my belongings. All I have with me right now is my knife, revolver, some medicines and other important stuff in my bag. I haven’t shave and take a bath for a month now, I can’t find the beach or river.

 

The last time I was in is in Busan, and then I walk all the way to whatever the wind takes me. I followed north and the sun, shot some animals to eat and drank the last bits of my water. My mission is to find shelter, people and a way to restore human kind. I know it’s impossible but I have faith.

I walk towards a leaning building, it used to be the FBI headquarters. It feels weird going in there, like I’m ready to be stop by the agents and pin me down for trespassing but I have to remind myself that there is no one here.

 

There maybe is a living in here but, you never know when they’ll show up and attack. So, I walk in quietly with my revolver. Man, I need a bigger gun.

Then I realize, this is the FBI building, they must have guns. I look all over drawers, closets, rooms and most of the hidden places. Still, nothing is around and just papers and pieces of torn furniture.

I then heard a thud coming from my right, someone must’ve seen me searching. I pretend to continue searching, slowly quietly going behind the wall with dark shading. I see someone, I see it, or him.

 

“I see you!” he shouts and shoots at my way.

 

I try not to panic, it has been long since I last had a fight. My revolver is weak, I desperately need a bigger gun. I shoot back, he is hit on his knee as he groans to the floor. I approach him, “You alone?”

“Yes,”

“Liar”

“I’m not!”

“You are!”

“Not!”

“You are! I can go on like this forever.”

“Fine, there are ten of us.” He finally confesses. I grin, don’t know if I must help him, again I have to remind myself to not trust anyone.

“Hmm, nice gun, I’ll take it thank you.” I grab his gun, it’s a rifle. I keep my revolver at the back of my pocket and continue my journey. This time, I want to leave the building.

 

I squeeze through broken cracks of the wall, push huge tables aside so nothing stops my way out and I even find some helpful things on the way.

As I carefully look out from inside the back door, it’s transparent to see better but what I see is a bunch of people waiting for me to come out. Guns are pointing to the exit, they want me dead or to join them. I have no choice but to freeze and think my way through. I have no plan, they know I’m in here because of the guy who tried to shoot me and now I still got nothing.

 

I take out my rifle and quickly ran outside and hide behind a thick boarder.

They start shooting, sounds of bullets coming like the sound of fireworks and winds, too loud and it can attract other gang wars. I crouch and shoot a guy, one man down but more to go. I am obviously out number and helpless right now, what should I do?

If I retreat, they know I am still alive and they will find me. If I kill them all, nothing will happen and I can continue my journey.

 

What the heck, my guts tells me to just shoot them. I stand and run to the other side and my right shoulder pain with a bullet. It hit me.

I groan but there’s no pain, with the adrenaline pumping in me I don’t feel any pain. I pause for a while.

Okay, I got shot at the shoulders, near my hips, and my left arm… great, I want to run. Now, my vision is blurry. Did someone throw a smoke grenade? My ears numb, all I hear are muffles. When I crouch again to aim my target, someone is already fighting them.

 

A girl… It’s a girl.

 

She doesn’t have a gun, she fights with a knife?

I can properly hear now, it’s quiet and I limp to the front to see if everyone is on the ground. I look at her, she just stares at me. Is she an angel or some kind of my imagination?

The next thing I know, I collapsed.

 


It's a fresh start and the next chapter will be up soon :)