Chapter Six

The Flame Princess (DISCONTINUED)

WE ARRIVE somewhere near the countryside, Flame stops the car to rest after driving for hours and I can see her look beat.

“You feel alright?” I ask.

“Yes,”

“Really,”

“Yes, shut up.”

 

I don’t know if we made it but it looks like it, Jieun mentions that the apartment we are now looking at was Flame’s. She nods and walks in without hesitation, we follow her behind. Flame takes out her knife and holds it on defense mode.

Jieun and Suho hold their guns while I only have my revolver, I stay beside Flame. I don’t know why but I feel safer whenever I’m near her, her posture is breathtaking and the way she peeks over the walls and knocking down doors. One word can describe, amazing.

“Jieun, Suho, go around the room and tell me if there’s anything.” Says Flame, Jieun nods and slowly walks away with Suho behind her.

 

“Flame,” I try not to scare her, by talking… Okay I don’t know why I call her but I feel like it. She lifts her head and look at me and then away, always aware at her surroundings.

“Nothing,” I am done.

“Why, I know something is running through your mind.” She says.

“Nothing, really,”

She looks at me with her eyebrows up, she seems to understand me. I don’t know, maybe I’m delirious. Her hazel eyes still mesmerize me, her red hair shining against the sun that is about to set. Which reminds me, it’s going to get dark and is about to happen.

 

Suddenly we hear Jieun scream, Flame and I quickly run towards her. Suho is already shooting and Jieun runs to the back and come to her senses and shoots.

A zombie, its clothes torn, no hair, foamy mouth and pale like there’s no blood vessels. “Chen, what are you doing? Help me.” Flame shouts behind me. The zombies might have heard us, they are coming from the window as I take cover and help Flame. She is slaying them real hard, one of them hits me by the jaw as I slam on the grown hard.

 

I can’t hear anything, gunshots sound like muffle explosion, I hear them shout but I am space. I get back to reality and a zombie is staring at me, it pin me down and my revolver toss a few feet away. I hear Flame scream my name but I am distracted, I guess this is over.

A loud bang is all I hear, Flame save me. She helps me get up and slaps my face. That helps.

It’s now over, not one is left alive.

“Chen, what the hell was that?” Flame cuss, she rubs her face with one hand.

“I’m sorry,” that is all I can say.

“You’re sorry, that is not enough, what happened?” says Suho, she sounds worried about me. I don’t need to feel any of that, I just froze when that thing pinned me. They shake their heads and we stay together in the room, it’s safer now but I don’t feel safe.

 

“She’s not here, she must be somewhere else.” Says Jieun, unsure about her thinking, Suho claps his hand and blurts out what’s in his mind.

“What if, she’s at the farm?”

“Farm,” I repeat.

The farm that is the last place they know. The farm used to be Flame’s hide out, Flame sure has a lot of secret things that I don’t know.

They use it for storing weapons and ammos, also food and drinks. I hope there’s water so I can shower.

 

The farm isn’t far from where we are, it takes 10 minutes to reach there.

“Here we are, hope that psycho is in there.” Says Jieun as she stretches her aching muscles.

Flame looks at her with an oh-really face, Jieun smiles shyly. Suho and I walk a bit further to check out some stuff, everything seems in place and nothing is touched. The house that is beside a barn is clean, definitely someone is staying here. “So Chen, my buddy,” Suho puts his hand on my shoulder, I am unsure to what’s he doing. “I see the way you look at Flame,”

 

I am surprise when he says that, is he crazy?

Or I am…

 

“What makes you say that?” I spatter.

“The way you look at her, it’s pretty obvious. You like her?” he smirks at me, I want to slap him so bad but I care too much to slap the out of him. My cheeks feel warm, my stomach twist as I look away and out on the open.

“No,”

 

Suho hums, there’s no need for me to answer that. I don’t know if I should explain that I clearly don’t have feelings for Flame but no way, there is no way.

“Okay, we split up.” Says Flame, “Jieun and Suho, Chen you are with me.”

My heart feels like it just got struck by an arrow, my eyes wide open and follow Flame like a little puppy. I gotta stop overthinking. 

 


A/N: hey guy~ just want to say thank you for reading this story!! hehehe

and it's my bithday today... I turned a year old...er lol xD