Fresh meat

Silent Protectors

He was stranded in a seemingly never-ending white room. The white was almost blinding really. Who the hell decorates like this? the boy thought to himself, I need have a chat with the interior designer once I get the out. The male's pondering thoughts were rudely interrupted by voices bellowing down and echoing harshly around him. The voices were muffled, as if there was a strip of fabric covering their mouths. Even without breathing, the male could only make out snippets of a conversation that went somewhat along the lines of :  

 

"Hyung, I will literally give you all my life savings if you put your finger up his nose," Voice #1 said.  

 

"Yeah as if that's going to happen, I have a better idea." Voice #2 spoke, the male could almost make out the mischief in his tone and it made his hairs stand up.

 

The male heard snickering and then he was clouded in darkness. It was like a falling sensation, before he felt his body being dumped on a hard surface. 

The man bolted up in shock, as the feeling  of ice water hit his nerves. He gasped aimlessly for oxygen and his eyes peeled open wide in shock. His body had already reacted before his mind could catch up and he shivered like a washing machine vibrating. Sheets of water poured off his body splashed onto the floor.  

He looked up through wet hair, only to see two young looking men fist bumping in delight with a garden hose in their hands.  

Before a string of curses could exit his mouth, the door to the room slammed open. The impact making the walls rattle. A short, tanned man with inky black hair looked at the mess and in a second his face was bright red with rage.  

The freezing male watched in fascination as all the happiness in the perpetrators eyes literally leaked away and a look of utter fear took over their irises. He noticed dully that the men coward slightly and tried to moved the hose out of sight, sadly for them, it was far too late.  

 

"Lee Jaehwan and Lee Hongbin, come outside for a moment." The short, tan man spoke in a sickly sweet voice, completely contradicting with his flaring nostrils.  

 

Not one of the men moved. Instead opting for staring at the floor and fiddling with their fingers like kindergarteners being scolded.  

 

"That wasn't an option," the short man spoke, voice now sharp and cold, sending shivers down his own spine.  

 

The still-very-wet man swore he saw one of young males tearing up as they shuffled towards the doorway. 

 

The short, tanned man turned to the man on the bed, his gaze softening for a moment. "I'm very sorry for the trouble these boys have caused, I will punish them thoroughly." He said, to which the two males whimpered like kicked puppies, "and someone will be in soon with dry clothing, in the meantime, the shower is on your left." The tan man finished, before striding out of the room, the wrists of the two men squeezed in his hands. 

 

The male didn't even get a chance to ask any questions.  

 

After staring at the wall for quite a while, the male got up and had a hot shower, reemerging with one towel wrapped around his waist whilst another was being vigorously rubbed through his hair. He signed and threw his hair towel onto the bed, then proceed to almost scream as he spotted a very unamused man standing in the doorway of the room. 

He made a squeaking noise in surprise, taking in the man's appearance before slightly blushing in embarrassment, trying to cover his bare chest. The man rocked strikingly red hair and had a really, really, nice build. The fact that the redhead was simply staring at him wasn't helping him reign in his embarrassment ethier.  

The other man simply shot a glare and threw some clothes at him, before walking out with a slight smirk on his face.  

Okay black haired man and red haired man are both scary, the boy mentally recorded in his mind. 

He hurried to get dressed into dark blue jeans and a black tee, that was slightly too big for him. Then proceeded to make a horrible decision and go exploring alone in a completely unfamiliar place. 

Exiting the room, the man stepped into a long corridor, choosing a random direction to follow 

The faint screams of pain echoed down the hallway from where the man was and a shiver passed through his body, simultaneously remembering that the short, tan man said he was going to punish the other two boys -hongbin and jaehwan- for disturbing him. 

The man quickly turned around and screamed, rather unmanly.  

A big black dog was directly in front of him. He didn't even hear the dog approach, and by dog he thought it more resembled a horse simply to the sheer size of the thing. The dog crouched and growled at him and the man felt on the verge of fainting.  

Before the dog could pounce at him, a voice called out. 

 

"Thunder, down."  

 

And just like that, the dog sat like a obedient little puppy. 

He turned to see a man that he recalled seeing earlier.  

 

"Hi, sorry about before," the man spoke, before rubbing his neck, "I'm Hongbin." He finished with a beautiful dimpled smile. 

 

Oh. 

 

The man looked dumbfounded, brain melting at hongbin's smile. To him it almost looked like it could cure cancer and light up the world for a thousand years. 

 

"Are you okay?" Hongbin asked, waving his hand in front of the other's face. 

 

The man blinked and returned to himself, "Ah yeah," he said sheepishly, "my name's Sanhyuk, but please just call me Hyuk." he finished, bowing slightly. 

 

"Well, welcome to Seoul's hunters institute, Hyuk." Hongbin said, spreading his arms out and motioning to everything around them. 

 

"Huh?" Hyuk asked, hunters what?  

 

"You are a very special guest, Hyuk. I will give you tour around but first, you need to meet the others." Hongbin said, grabbing his wrist and dragging him towards another corridor, the horse-dog silently trailing behind.

 

 


A/N

*Bows* I am so sorry for taking forever to update this fanfic. I have honestly found no time to actually sit down and write what I wanted to. But don't fear, Im back and I have big plans for this story! I promise to update regularly from now on and there is much drama and action to come! Thank you so much to those who still stayed with the story despite my long haitus. I love you all and expect another update real soon. *blows kisses*