Spring

Autumn Leaves

I got up from my bed, eyes half-closed and hair the usual messy. I hated getting up in the morning. I loved being alive, but not having to get up from my sleep, when I still clearly want to lay down.

Well, who doesn't?

I walked the familiar path from my bed to the door, and as soon as I open it, the smell from the kitchen hits my face. Like tiny particles that floated such small distance from the kitchen, to the hallway, to the last door which lead to my room. I liked the idea of something, someone giving me such effort and attention.

Another door creaked open, and my bother appeared from the bathroom — which was literally in the front of my room. Our hallway wasn't that narrow, but it wasn't that wide either so I had to step back inside my room just so I could avoid my older brother, covered in his bathrobe, and the smell of soap that ruined my kitchen smell particle fantasy.

When he entered the room which was next to mine, I finally got out from my room and lazily walked my way to the kitchen. My mom had just finished fixing the dining table, rice, omelette, side dishes and all. I rubbed my eyes with both hands, and took my sit.

“Hi, mom,” I muttered with my sleepy voice, my eyes still half-closed no matter how hard I try.

“Yeah, yeah,” she replied like a routine. She wasn't ignoring me. Or maybe she was, but mom was just always busy with stuff and such response didn't mean she hates me or something. She went to the counters and to get some glasses, and sat down in front of me.

My younger sister came out of her room (the first door next to my brother's) , all set for school and sat beside me, my older brother kissee my mom goodbye because he needed to go to work. My father just got out from the bathroom in their own room (the huge room beside the bathroom), and I knew because I heard him asking: “Where are my glasses, it's not in the bathroom!” after spending thirty minutes reading the paper inside.

“It's in your nightstand drawer!” my mom replied, again like a routine. Only it had more emotions of being annoyed, but their children all knew it was love.

If only it was this easy to recognize what love is.

“Kim Taeyeon, eat quickly! You will be late for work,” my mom tapped the table gently. I spaced out again. 

“Mom, I'm 24! I know what to do!” I replied, feeling annoyed. I often forget my age after I turned 21. This was one of the rare moments that my brain was fast enough to tell my lips that I was 24. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I left the apartment building at 9:00 AM. 

I forgot my car keys on my night stand. 

Did Jiyong forget his carkeys on his night stand, too? 

I shook my head and let go my car door handle. 

Does he even need a car for him to get around?

 

I rubbed my temple using my left palm, pressed the 5th floor button with my right hand, and came back for my car keys.