Let's See Where This'll Take Us

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

As what the title says, I'll just go with the flow.

I'm pretty sure I'm taking a different path for this rather than what the foreword suggests.

Should've finished this yesterday. /Perks of being lazy/

Anyways, on with the update. Please don't kill me.

 

          Jaehwan found herself in front of the double doors, next to her was Jung Wonshik, who offered himself to walk her down the aisle. She could not believe it herself. These past months has been a roller coaster ride for her. Surprisingly, Taekwoon started to open up to her, little by little. His little changes brought smile on her face; his gentle touches and his warm smile made her heart flutter. 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

​          It was one of those days that Jaehwan found herself staring at Taekwoon while he was busying himself with the papers on his table. Jaehwan is currently inside his lounge, seated on the couch across his table. She took her time admiring his handsome face; she noted his brows furrowed every now and then, and the way he sighed and pouted at the papers. She silently cooed at the man she grew to love more each day.

 

 

​          "Are you going to continue to stare at me the whole day, Jaehwan-ah?"

 

 

​          Jaehwan startled; she had no idea that her staring was noticed by the man she thought had his concentration on his paper works. "Your stares makes me uncomfortable, you know."

 

 

​          "Oh, err. I'm sorry, oppa. I guess I just have to go back to my office." She stood up and walked to the door and was about to turn the knob when she felt his hand circled her wrist. She looked up, "Oppa?"

 

 

​          Taekwoon felt guilty with the way Jaehwan reacted. He actually meant it as a joke but it was conveyed to the younger the other way. Maybe because his stoic face does not coincide with it. "No, don't go."

 

 

​          "But oppa, I'm making you uncomfortable." Jaehwan pouted.

 

 

​          "Aniya, I meant it as a joke. I'm sorry."

 

 

​          "Oppa, show some facial expression will you?"

 

 

​          "I'll try harder. I'm sorry, Jaehwan-ah." He turned her to face him and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. "I'm sorry."

 

 

​          "Aniya, gwaenchanha." Jaehwan smiled as she hugged him back by his waist. "Keunde oppa, don't you have work to finish?"

 

 

​          "It can wait. Let.. Let me hold you for a while more." Jaehwan hummed in reply. Taekwoon smiled warmly, which didn't go unnoticed by the younger. She smiled, 'just a little more, Jaehwan-ah. you can make him open up to you more.'

 

 

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

 

​          "Jaehwan-ah. It's time." Wonshik placed an arm on her shoulder, which woke her up from her stupor. She looked up at the older Jung which earned her a smile from him. He offered his arm and she gladly hooked hers onto his. The double door opened widely as the marching hymn started playing.

 

 

​          Step by step, they marched along the aisle. Jaehwan can see Taekwoon at the end of the aisle with Sanghyuk, the best man. Taekwoon again, had the aloof image plastered on his face. Jaehwan silently sighed, knowing that Taekwoon is not comfortable with a lot of people having their eyes on him. I guess I have a lot work to do.

 

 

​          Upon reaching the end, Wonshik took Jaehwan's hand and offered it to Taekwoon as the younger Jung took it and wrapped his large hand around her slim hand. The ceremony went on smoothly.

 

 

​          Taekwoon took the smaller ring and began, "I, Jung Taekwoon, promise to be a better man; I promise to make you happy, Jaehwan-ah. I can't promise that I won't hurt you, but I promise that I will always be here for you. Take this ring, as my promise to you, that I will never leave you, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse, till death do us part." He slipped the ring on Jaehwan's ring finger.

 

 

​          Jaehwan took the bigger one, "I, Lee Jaehwan, promise to be by your side, oppa. I'll try my best to make you happy, I'll do anything, everything just to earn that warm smile on your face. I'll be a good wife; I'll support you in every way that I can, I will never abandon you, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse, till death do us part." She slipped the ring on his ring finger.

 

 

​          "With the Almighty as the witness, I pronounce you Jung Taekwoon and Jung Jaehwan, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride. May the One Above shower you with His Grace and blessings." The minister announced and the newly wed couple turned to face each other. Taekwoon lifted Jaehwan's vail; he cupped her cheeks, and as if on reflex, Jaehwan had her hands on his waist. She looked up and her sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter