CHAPTER EIGHT - NAERIN : TAEMIN, WHY DID YOU ACCEPT HER ?

#03 - My Life In High School
02DaysLater
 
After another round of brutality, i went back to class thenafter. The bashings, slappings had gone even worst. It started right after i came out of the cubicle. Anyway, after i was done covering the visible bruises up, i went out. A few feet away, stood taemin and a girl, Sekyung.
 
I stood behind a pillar and listened to the conversation.
 
" Taemin, i..i.. This is for you. Please accept my heart and be my boyfriend! " Sekyung confessed
 
Right after that sentence, my cheeks acted like a river bank for the water from my eyes. I allowed my head to come out from the pillar abit to peep at the two. Does taemin likes her too? He looked happy.. His hands started moving forward to where the present was placed.
 
I can't see this anymore.. I cleared the tears in my eyes and made my way back to class. Sekyung always had a crush on taemin, she'll always talk about him, and asking me questions about him. * None of the people know that NaeRin lives with them. They will just hang out together in school and leave the schoool building together. Remember onew parks his car one block away? Yeah, it stilll applies. Not forgetting this, they will always keep a lookout for lurking eyes. * But of course, i'll just tell them nothing. I put my hand down on the table, facing the window, looking out at the amazing skyblue clouds. Without me realising, tears are slowly streaming down my face.
 
" Noona! Are you okay? " Knowing it was taemin, i wiped my tears away and look up to him
" Taemin ah! Of course i am. Why wouldn't i be? " I grin and said with much cheerfulness
 
His face leaned in closer to mine and started inspecting every corner of my face.
 
" Good! I want noona to be happy forever. Taemin will protect noona! " He punched his chest
" Hahaha yeah. You're my shining knight! " I played along
 
School ended shortly after and home we went. As i was really worned out from the bashing, right after showering and attending to my wounds, i went to bed almost too immediately. I could really feel my energy level deterioting each and every day, especially with those bashings.
 
Onew
 
I spotted new bruises on naerin again. Sigh, how long does she wanna suffer in silence?  If only taemin knew how much she loves him, he'll bound to be happy for sure. I'm sure no amounts of chocolate will surmount to that happiness.
 
" Jonghyun ah, did anything happened in school today? " I sat beside jjong who was eating watermelon
" Eh? " He looked up at me confused
" I mean, anything unusual? " I summarized my words
 
" Hmm, nope. Except that NaeRin looks really really tired, and our favourite maknae has got a new admirer confessing to him! " Jjong chuckled
 
" Hyung! " Taemin threw a pillow at him
 
Eh? Did taemin accepted her?
 
" Taemin ah, did you accept that girl? " I asked, trying not to be obvious
" No hyung! Of course not! " He defended
" Why not? I thought you said that she's pretty? " Jonghyun exclaimed
" Hehe! She is, but noona 's prettier! " He childishly exclaim
 
How good if taemin's words aren't just said out of childlikeness? Sigh, if only taemin is aware of the chocolate giver is NaeRin and her love for him. Suffering alone in silence, and if only i didn't sucumb to her foolish requests!
 
" Key,Minho ah, come in to my room, don't let taemin know. " I went into the kitchen and called out to them
" Jong, in my room. Don't let taemin know! " I was standing at the door of the kitchen, waving hard for jjong's attention. He finally looked up to me and i charaded the words to him. Aish, that guy.
 
So Minho and Key went into my room after giving taemin his cup of hot chocolate that key made. 
 
" Drink it well and go to bed early, araso ? " Key patted our favourite maknae's head and instructed
" Neh umma, Gomawo! " He grinned childishly and accepted the hot chocolate
 
Few minutes later, jonghyun made an excuse to head to my room.
 
" Taemin ah, sleep early alright? I'm going to bed first. "
" Alright jonghyun hyung. Annyeong! " Taemin's eyes fixed on the telly set
 
And so, all of them gathered in my room.
 
" NaeRin was beaten up today. " Their eyes widened
" Bwoh ?! " 
 
" Yes, and it's been going for quite awhile. She forbade to tell you guys but i guess its time for me to break the news. Remember a very long time ago, the both of us headed out to the mall after dinner? She went to get chocolates for taemin.. "
 
" Baby doll's the one who gave taemin chocolates everyday?! " Key 's eyes widened further
 
" Yeah. But she doesn't want taemin to know. At first, she gave him out of sisterly love, or so she thought. But gradually, she fell in love with taemin and couldn't resist herself. But she doesn't want to tell taemin because she thinks that taemin would want someone much better than her. In other words, she thinks that she's not suitable for him. " I told them, voice full of sadness
 
The atmosphere was seriously dark.
 
" Let's really look out for NaeRin, if she doesn't want us to know. We'll do that behind her back. " Jjong voiced
" Yeah. Baby doll is so nice to keep thinking of us. I'm sure she's out to protect our reputation and all.. " 
 
They scrambled off to bed, after that short meeting.
 
NaeRin (During them talking.)
 
I was awakened this - Noona neomu yeppeo...
 
I looked up to my phone and it flashed ' Sekyung <3 '. However tired i was, i picked it up.
 
Me : Yoboseyo sekyung ah!
Sekyung : Yoboseyo! Are you asleep yet? 
Me : Nope, what's up? * Looks at her alarm clock - 11.30PM *
Sekyung : Hehe good! Because i'm so excited. Well, i wanted to tell you what happened to me today but you looked so worn out, i guess it won't be a good time. Anyway, TAEMIN HAS ACCEPTED ME!! I bought a box of ferrero rocher as a ' confession gift '! & he gladly accepted it. Ah! I'm so super duper happy!!
Me : * Tears falling Daebbak, it's good. I'm sorry that i missed your fun today.
Sekyung : Gwenchana, at least i got tell to you now! Ah, alright! I'm going to call taemin now. Goodnight!
Me : * Tears falling non-stop * Alright then, goodnight, see you tomorrow.
 
The streams of tears are falling non-stop, down on my cheek. Since when did they start hanging out with each other? I mean, they do talk as classmates in class, i heard they hung out together often before i came. I guess, i answered my own question. Well, love is a unexplanable thing, aint it?
 
I walked out of my room, taemin was sitting in the living room watching Music Bank performance. I stood at the end of the walkway that leads to the living room, his handphone rang.
 
Taemin : Yoboseyo
Taemin : Oh annyeong noona!
Taemin : Why aren't you asleep?
Taemin : I see, i'm not sleepy yet * Rubbing his eyes *
 
" He's sleepy but he acts as if he's not just to talk to her. How i wish i was the one talking to you ... "
 
Taemin : Thank you noona! I'll see you then, saranghae!
 
Taeming hung down the phone and stood up.
 
" Noona! Why are you awake? " He griinned widely as he walked towards me
" Oh, i came out to prepare myself a cup of hot chocolate " I replied as i made my way to the kitchen
 
" Noona! You can have my cup. This way, you' dont have to wash yours later! " He followed me in and sat on the high stool
 
" It's alright, taemin. Aren't you going to bed? "
" I'll wait for noona! " He cheerfully replied
 
I didn't say anything but continued making my hot chocolate. The both of us sat on the high stool, looking out of the window, the nice scenery that night brought.
 
" Noona! Are you okay? " He broke the silence
" Neh taemin, wae? "
" Because noona looked sad. "
" I'm not, taemin ah, are you.. together with sekyung? " I braced myself to ask him
" Yeah! " He exclaimed
 
The both of us weren't looking at each other, i had my eyes gazing at the stars shining brightly in the sky. Isn't this sight suppose to be romantic? Clearly, it's not since i got the feeling of rejection.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Is Taemin really together with sekyung !?
Extra super loves!