Count

Princess Resurrection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan blinks his eyes multiple times. It’s for the fifth time now when he keeps hearing the counting and no matter how hard he tried to listen carefully, he couldn’t figure out where the heck the counting did comes from.

He glanced at the digital watch with eyes barely open.

It’s already 6:30 a.m. and so he gets up with loud grunting sound as he tidied up his bed. He takes a quick bath and get dressed before walking upstairs, only to find everyone aside him is already awake due to light at each hallway is already on.

He went to the kitchen on his left and greets Victoria who is humming a song. She was whipping something in the bowl.

“Morning, Vic but is there any occasion today that I overheard?” He said.

Victoria showed him a perplexed look. “Not that I heard of. I always get up at a time like this but I don’t know about the Princess though. I never check the living room every time I get up. Are you hungry already? I’ll prepare the breakfast as fast as I can. Please, wait!” She smiles contently before resume what she did before.

Luhan sighed and walk away from the kitchen. “Okay.” He replied in low voice despite he was already a few meter away from the kitchen.

Then, he stumbles upon Adele who is going somewhere with the pile of laundry. She is still wearing a mini maid costume. “Morning, Adele!” He greets.

“Fuga.” She replied.

“At what time did the Princess wakes today?”

“Fuga.”

“Ah, you don’t know. Oh, I thought you knew since you’re her robot but then again, that doesn’t mean you’re with her for 24 hours, right.” He lets out an awkward laugh.

“Fuga.”

He rubs his back of head. “Okay, sorry for disturbing you. Go on; carry on what you’re going to do.” He pressed his lips tightly together. He continues his walk to the room where he thoughts the Princess would be while sipping her tea.

 

 

After passing a few bathroom and empty rooms, he has to cross the long path filled with picture frame to get to the living room. The path was a bit dim with lack of light and the creepiness of portrait didn’t do any justice. He swallowed his scariness as he took a brave step forward.

It was only a few steps when his ear caught a similar voice he heard last night.

‘The count. It’s starting again.’

He looks around but he couldn’t find the sources where the sound came from. He grabbed a long wooden stick near the window pane just in case.

“Sixty one, sixty two, sixty three, sixty four…” The counting continues.

“.” He cuss and running as fast as he can. He still can hear the counting and it’s getting near to his ear. His heart is thumping wildly. Although it’s only takes about 5 minutes to reach the door, it’s feels like an eternity.

“Sixty eight, sixty nine…”

Once he spots the door, he turns the knob quickly and shut the door behind his back. He really didn’t want to hear another counting. What if the counting number is the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter