You

Fearful Of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As we enter the city it seems to glow with life, despite the fact that every building is shimmering with neon lights. I smile as suddenly I don't feel so out of place, so strange. I feel like a normal person, like I could fit in here.

The car halts to a stop at the edge of the pavement, out of the way of the road.

"This is as far as I can take you, I wish you the best of luck"

"Thank you, you too" Kai says this as he gets out of the car and slides over to my side, opening my door.

"Bye, thanks alot" I say this as I get out, closing the door behind me. As I grab Kai's hand her window moves down and she hands me a card "If you ever need a lift, call me"

I nod to her, she then drives off and I feel Kai squeeze my hand. We walk for a while in silence through the crowded streets, I look up to Kai and sigh "Where are we going?"

He looks down, then turns his attention to the street again "When she mentioned Beijing it reminded me of a friend, He might be able to help us"

Great, we are relying on somone who might not even let us in.

"What if he doesn't help us?" I challenge, as we cross a road with many people, enclosed together like a pack of penguins.

"He will Suki, trust me"

I scoff, rolling my eyes "Yeah ok, whatever"

"Why don't you trust me!" He pulls me to the side as we get off the road, I look up to him and pull my hand away from his.

"Because I have no idea where we are heading and frankly I'm scared!" As I admit that our situation frightens me I also find myself fighting back the tears.

Kai immediately holds me close, wrapping his arms around me "I promise I will do my best to protect you, but I know for certain this guy will help us" He pulls me away and then peers into my face with a smile "You just have to have a little faith In me"

After looking into his eyes I let out a big sigh, biting my nail "Fine" I mutter "Let's go"

He grabs my hand again as we continue to walk, my eyes wandering around this new environment. I notice we are in the loud part of this city, lots of cars and people pass by. The weird thing is, alot of the people seem to be on their phones.

But we get further and further away from the hus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter