roses are red

just three words.

tumblr_nf3iutTZf51r0couto3_250.jpg  tumblr_ne7xo4Arzr1r0couto4_250.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSynUVzUibrUNFFRYPw2wX

Mino hadn't expected a scowl to appear on pretty Jieun's face. But nevertheless, perhaps his expectations were too high. She looked at him like he was rotten cheese as she extends her arm and lunges for the boquet in his hands. Before she can wrap her fingers around it, Mino shoots his arm upward, holding the bouquet away from her reach. 

"You don't want it?"

She rolls her eyes in a way that makes him narrow his own eyes at her. Lee Jieun snorts then crosses her arms over her chest, looking pointedly at him. "You know I don't like these kinds of stuff."

He could only sigh. He puts the hand that held the bouquet down to his sides. "Just take them anyway. I walked past a flower stand and saw that they were on sale." he shoves the bouquet of perfectly blood-red roses in her hands, and she could do nothing but accept them with the same sour expression on. She frowned.

"You're giving me sale roses, Song Mino?" she almost throws the bouquet down to the ground. Almost. But she doesn't, her grip around the bundle only tightens as she stares at him hard. "You're walking on thin ice now."

He shrugs. "I'd better watch myself from here on out then." he says, placing his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

Jieun gives him a glare. "You better." she cradles the bouquet against her chest however, and he watches her as she does so. She's looking at them the way she looks at him, full of admiration and adoration. And somehow, Mino is jealous. How can she look at roses like that? Much less, sale roses.

She lifts the bouquet to her face and closes her eyes simultaneously, taking a whiff of them.

He sighs. "Like the smell?"

She snaps her eyes open, and she's back to glaring at him just like that. "No. Of course not! What made you buy these?"

"They were on sale."

"You're impossible."

She shakes her head, but the ends of demand to be turned upwards. She cracks a smile, finally, and even though she's not fond of such surprises, Jieun still thinks it's sort of a waste to just neglect these pretty red roses. 

He smiles at her back. "I know," he says before following her from behind.

> ; <

apparently, this short drabble is somewhere in aff in my old account. it's in another oneshot collection of mine and i was re-reading it and it seemed really cute enough and the first pair i thought of was minoxiu (still don't know there shipping name, care to tell guys?) and voila. here is the outcome. hope it's fluffy enough.