A Little Bit Closer - Mnet Begins Fancam

Keo Fancam Drabbles

They are going to have their comeback stage at Mnet Countdown today, but before that, they will have a brief comeback interview with Mnet Begins. They are on their way to Mnet building when Taekwoon suddenly coughs. His cough alerts Hakyeon.

 

“Taekwoon-ah, are you okay?” Hakyeon shifts his gaze to the backseat.

 

“I’m okay, Hakyeon-ah. Don’t worry.” Taekwoon replies Hakyeon. Truth to be told, his condition is not that good that day. He keeps on coughing since this morning. His throat feels so itchy that he feels like scratching it. Ken shifts his gaze from his iPhone to his hyung. He knows his hyung is lying. He saw his hyung taking medicine this morning. His hyung must have sore throat. He must have practiced his singing a lot for this comeback, burden of being main vocalist.

 

“Hyung, are you sure you are okay?” Jaehwan caresses Taekwoon’s hand softly.

 

“I’m okay, Jaehwan-ah.” Taekwoon caresses Jaehwan’s hand back, reassuring the latter that he is fine even though he feels like ripping his throat apart.

 

“Okay, hyung. Just tell me if you need something.” Jaehwan smiles to his hyung.

 

“Thanks, Jaehwan-ah.” Taekwoon smiles back to his dongsaeng which is weird. Jung Taekwoon simply doesn’t smile, but Jaehwan chooses to ignore it. He shifts his gaze back to his iPhone. Taekwoon looks at Jaehwan a little bit longer. He looks somehow so cuddly, comfy… and… safe. He decides to place his head on Jaehwan’s shoulder, startling the younger.

 

“What are you doing, hyung?” Jaehwan looks down to his hyung.

 

“Just lend me your shoulder for minutes.” Taekwoon says softly to Jaehwan.

 

“Uhm… Okay, hyung.” Jaehwan just lets his hyung rest on his shoulder. He must be tired right now. Taekwoon closes his eyes slowly, smile adoring his face. He feels so comfortable right now. It doesn’t take him long until he drifts to his dream land.

 

****

Thirty minutes later they’re arrive at the building. They’re getting their makeup done when suddenly Taekwoon starts to cough again. Jaehwan who happens to sit beside him looks at him with such worried look.

 

“Hyung, are you sure you are okay? Do you need something? Do you want to drink something? We have to wait at the outside for a while before the interview starts. Are you sure you are okay with that? Do you want to wear a jacket?” Jaehwan keeps on bombarding him with his unending questions.

 

“We only have to wait at the outside for minutes. I’m okay with it so stop worrying me, okay?” Leo answer him nonchalantly.

 

“Sorry, hyung. Can’t help it.” Jaehwan lowers his head, pouting unconsciously. Taekwoon’s heart soften a bit seeing Jaehwan’s sad face. He didn’t mean it that harsh.

 

“It’s okay, Jaehwan-ah. You don’t have to worry about me that much.” Taekwoon pats Jaehwan’s head softly, startling Jaehwan a bit. He looks at his hyung, blinking his eyes couple times, trying to process what just happened. He smiles to his hyung seconds after, showing him his usual cheerful smile.

 

“Ahehehehe~ Okay, hyung. Just tell me if you need something. I’ll be your superhero just for today~” Jaehwan tells Taekwoon playfully, earning a knock on his head from Taekwoon.

 

“Babo.”

 

****

 

It’s so chilly and windy outside and this is not okay. Taekwoon feels like escaping from there and then curling himself inside a blanket. Unfortunately for him, he still has hours left until he get home. He walks to the side to fix his hair and makeup. He talks to the staff until he spots Jaehwan. Without thinking much, Taekwoon walks to Jaehwan’s direction. Jaehwan is already in his position for the entrance with Wonsik standing not far behind him when suddenly Taekwoon walks in between them, making him the one who stands behind Jaehwan.

 

Wonsik gives his hyung weird look. What’s wrong with his hyung? Why is he here when he’s far on the side seconds ago? Why did he have to cut the line when he can simply stand behind him? In the end, he just shrugs it off since he knows his hyung will just give him his infamous death stare if he complaints to him. He decides to talk with the members behind him since they still have a lot of time until the filming starts. Taekwoon, on the other hand, feels like standing behind Jaehwan is a must. It’s like he has to stand behind Jaehwan or else he’d die. Much to his surprise, standing behind Jaehwan gives him warm feeling inside. It’s chilly outside but somehow Jaehwan’s mere presence warms him up. It’s not that warm feeling you get when you curl up inside your blanket, but warm feeling you get when you get close to someone you consider precious. It’s that warm feeling that feels up your chest and makes you feel completely in bliss. It’s weird… in a good way… and he likes it…  so much.

 

Jaehwan keeps on talking with the staffs beside him, completely oblivious with what happened behind him. Thinking Wonsik is the one behind him, he looks back to ask him something.

 

“Wonsik-ah, can I... Hyung? What are you doing here? I thought you were on the side?” Jaehwan gives his hyung his questioning look? How in the world his hyung walked behind him without him knowing it? He was on the side moments ago, right?

 

“Shut up.” Taekwoon tells Jaehwan coldly.

 

“Meanie.” Jaehwan pouts his lips cutely, facing his front again. He talks to the staffs besides him again, ignoring his hyung. Taekwoon ignores Jaehwan’s word, acting cool as usual. He takes one step closer to Jaehwan. He can clearly smell Jaehwan’s scent.

 

Sweet

 

He smells so sweet, just like him. He ducks his head closer to Jaehwan, taking his scent more.

 

Sweet

 

Really sweet

 

He decides to stop his action before it’s too late. He’s still enjoying Jaehwan’s sweet scent when suddenly Jaehwan takes one step further. No. You’re too far from me. No. Have to stand close to Jaehwan. Must. Quick. Taekwoon wants to take step closer when he decides to stop it. He doesn’t want to make it obvious that he want to be as close as possible to Jaehwan, but the urge to be near him is bigger this time after he smelled Jaehwan’s scent. He blinks his eyes several times, looking left and right before casually take steps closer to Jaehwan, and he this time he stands closer than before. He doesn’t really know why he is acting like this. He feels so vulnerable right now, and being near Jaehwan makes him, somehow, feel protected and stronger.

 

He does realize there’re a lot of cameras surrounding him, but he just can’t help it. He tries his best not to make it obvious and acts like his usual self. Have to control my expressions. Have to control my feelings. Have to resist the urge to get closer to Jaehwan. Have to do it. Taekwoon tries his best to control his acts but Jaehwan keeps on moving further and Taekwoon can’t help but follow him, making an obvious distance between him and Wonsik. He knows he’s in trouble since it’s pretty obvious that he stands way too close to Jaehwan. The distances between him-Jaehwan and him-Wonsik explain it clearly.

 

Taekwoon wishes Jaehwan would stop moving further from him, but much to his dismay, Jaehwan takes step further yet again. He screams internally. Could you please stop moving away from me? He pretends to fix his pants before he takes step closer to Jaehwan, crying internally because he knows he’s being obvious right now and this is not good, but he can’t help it. The distance between him and Wonsik is pretty far right now. He looks back to Wonsik.

 

“Wonsik-ah, come here. The filming is starting soon.” He applauses his brain for thinking such a brilliant idea to short the distance between them. Wonsik who knows nothing just follow his hyung’s order. Wonsik tells the other members to stand in line behind him. He walks closer to his hyung, making Taekwoon sighs in relief. He looks back to Wonsik. Although he’s closer to him than before, but you can still see the distance differences since Taekwoon stands too close to Jaehwan. Too close until it’s easy for Taekwoon to rest his head on Jaehwan’s shoulder.

 

Taekwoon takes step closer to Jaehwan while ducking his head. He wants to make himself as small as possible. He feels protected and safe if he make himself smaller than Jaehwan. Not long after, Taekwoon begins to cough again several times. Jaehwan-ah, help me. Don’t stay away from me. I need you. He wishes Jaehwan would look back at him, asking his condition or giving him comforting touches. Anything as long as he can hear or feel Jaehwan, but Jaehwan is just standing still much to his dismay. He takes step closer (as if it’s possible) to Jaehwan. Now he stand way too close to Jaehwan. He’s just cm behind Jaehwan, and if Jaehwan decides to turn his face, they’ll bump their head to each other. Yes, they’re that close. Taekwoon doesn’t care again whether he makes it obvious or not. As long as he can be as close as possible to Jaehwan then it’s okay for him. He keeps on looking upside since he can see nothing except Jaehwan’s hair if he looks front.

 

Not long after, they can hear themselves being called to enter the studio. The interview goes fun and smoothly, so does their comeback. After hours of filming they head back to their dorm. Taekwoon heads right to his and Ken’s shared room, throwing himself onto the mattress. He closes his eyes trying to sleep when he hears footstep coming closer to him. He opens his eyes to see Jaehwan handing him medicine and a glass of water.

 

“Here. Drink it, hyung. It’ll help your cold.” Jaehwan hands him the medicine which Taekwoon takes gladly. Jaehwan then sits beside him

 

“Are you feeling better, hyung?” Jaehwan asks him. Taekwoon nods weakly.

 

“Great. Now sleep, hyung.” Taekwoon complies with Jaehwan’s order, something surprising. He lays himself on his bed, pulling his blanket to cover his body. Jaehwan smiles seeing this. He pets Taekwoon’s head softly, his hyung must be tired right now.

 

“Goodnight, hyung. Sleep well.” Jaehwan is taking his leave when he feels a grip on his hand.

 

“Stay.” Taekwoon tells him weakly, earning confused look from Jaehwan.

 

“Huh?” Jaehwan asks his hyung.

 

“Stay with me, Jaehwan-ah. Sleep beside me.” Taekwoon speaks softly to Jaehwan. He looks so vulnerable right now, and Jaehwan can’t say no to this.

 

“Okay, hyung. Promise me you won’t kick me later, okay.” Jaehwan says playfully to his hyung. Jaehwan barely lays himself on the bed when he feels his hyung hugging him.

 

“Hyung.”

 

“Shut up and sleep.” Taekwoon answers him nonchalantly, earning soft chuckles from Jaehwan.

 

“Okay. I got it. Nighty nighty, hyung.” He hugs his hyung back, making Taekwoon smiles unconsciously. Taekwoon feel so comfortable and safe right now, in Jaehwan’s arms. He thinks he can get used to it, sleeping with Jaehwan beside him. Yeah. He can totally get used to it.

 

A/N : Here is the link for this chapter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQgSUxjBVjg

Please don't make me talk about this fancam. Whenever I feel so sad I always see this video. Taekwoon looks so vulnerable here. Not to mention he stands extremely close to Jaehwan. Too close, Taekwoon. Too close. And he follows Jaehwan like a cute puppy doesn't want to be apart from his owner. Cute~ See the way he takes step forward when Jaehwan stands too far (in Taekwoon's opinion) from him. Asdfjlf. Okay I'll stop here. I'm sure there're lots of mistakes since I'm too lazy and sleepy to re-read it (it's 2 AM here). That's it. Have a nice day darlings~