The Replacement.

Sky under the Spring.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I lay on my bed seeking the warmth of my mink blanket. My entire week's worth homework was done. Just lying here snuggling in my soft blanket I was on the brink of stepping forward in my dream world. 

When I was just at the point of falling asleep suddenly my phone rang. I took a look at the flashing screen and ignored it. 

It rang once.

Twice.

Thrice.

Who the heck doesn't hang up when it goes over the third ring?

I groan and roll over and pick the call up.

"Yoboseyo?" I spoke in my groggy voice. 

"Haneul -ah! Its me Hyesoo."  Spoke the girl on the other end of the line. "Can we meet tommorow?"

"No. It's Sunday." I told her off . 

"Well, this Hyesoo Unnie can visit you then. " She replied back. 

"Do as you wish." I replied and hung up.

Why was Hyesoo being so persistent about meeting me? She was a not- so very close-relative of mine and of all the two years she was calling me now. 

Lets just forget her for now. And after switching my lamp off and 'putting my phone on silent mode', I went back to sleep.

Hyesoo Unnie was sitting on the couch in our living room, petting my mothers cat Halloween. It wasn't even 9 am. 

Yeah right. Halloween was its name. The midnight black, fluffy and dirty rag doll which was not allowed to sneak in my room.

"Haneul-ah." Hyesoo came and hugged me. "Eww. Cat hair...." I pushed her away and she plopped back on the couch making Halloween hiss because she sat on his tail. After shooing the cat away, I sat down next to her and my mom entered the scene.

"Aigoo! Its so nice to have our little Hyesoo here. So what brings you here today?" My mom asked as she placed the plate containing mouthwatering brownies down in front of her.

"Nothing I just came to visit you, our cute little baby Halloween and this person who is sitting next to me." She said this in a descending tone.

"Wow Halloween, you just got upgraded to level Haneul."  I said in a 'not so interested' tone puffing my cheeks.

"Park Haneul.... Be nice." My mother warned me in a low voice and continued "I will get you some more breakfast. Eat up sweetie." She patted Hyesoo's head and went inside to get breakfast.

As Hyesoo was about to take a bite of the brownie, I pulled the plate towards me . "So, tell me Park Hyesoo, why exactly are you here? You me missed that bad, didn't you?" I asked her raising an eyebrow at her 

"I can't explain that to you now. Your mom's around." She said in a serious tone. And suddenly her frowny face became a cheerful one as she snatched the brownie back and stuffed it in quickly. "Ahhhh.... Ahjumma, this tastes so good!! I want more." 

"What are we doing here?" I asked Hyesoo as I looked around to see that we were in an isolated area in sub-urban Seoul.

"You'll find it out soon." Hyesoo answered fluidly. I followed her into one complex building  without making any sort of complains. Looks creepy.  

The elevator dinged open and we stepped out. It looked like an ap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter