| Chapter 4 |

Lonely Lullaby

“ The more he smiled, the more I wanted to hate him, and yet it was the very thing that made hating him impossible.” 

" I am willing to marry you , Kai . " 

Why though . You thought that your mind are not working properly , that's why . You've already said that you want to marry Kai ,  and there's no use taking back those words . You saw Kai , looking amused because of you . Well maybe he didn't expect you to agree with the decision to marry him . 

Excuse me , but I got a reason why I'm marrying you , jerk . 

It was late in the evening when Mrs Kim asked you and your parents to stay for dinner . The dinner went well , but someone is missing . Jongin , he wasn't with you and the parents . Did he always skipped his meals ? You wonder where he go . You stood up , giving spaces to the elders to talk as much as they want . Well , best friends , it's been a long time since they meet with each other . 

You went outside to the garden . Confidence that you're not going to lost in such a huge mansion , you played with the green grasses with your shoes and strolled around the whole garden . It was dark outside but you can still see the moonlight above your head , brightening the entire garden . You walked in awe when suddenly you hit someone's back . 

" Aish . " 

It was Kai . He was standing in front of you . He got a messy hair , and he was wearing a tank top which revealed his arms . You shocked and turned to the other side , avoiding him and of course his eyes that were looking at you . How can he be such a perfection ? 

" Kill me . Since when did he changed his clothes ? Oh my God . " 

You were hoping that he will ignore you and just walk away , but unfortunately he didn't . " Do you have something to say ? " He looks kinda annoying . 

" No . I was just .. " 

" Go inside then . " 

" Why aren't you eating dinner ? " That time you realized how stupid you are , acting like you cares about him . You glanced at his side and he was still looking at you . You bite your lip , don't even know what to say . 

" It's none of your business . " 

" I'm just asking why aren't you .. " 

" I said stop . It's nothing to do with you . Stop being such a interferer . " This time he raised his voice . " Now get lost . And one more thing , I didn't expect you to agree with the marriage . What's up with you ? You're falling for me , didn't you ? " He came closer to you and doing his signature smirk . 

" You don't have to know . " You were mumbling but then he chuckled . " Oh really ? Ahh , so it's true that you liked me , didn't you ? " 

" No , why would I ? I've got another reason why I'm marrying you . You don't have to know about it , because it is between me and your mother . So mind your own business . I was trying to be kind to you but seeing your attitude .. ahh . Forget it . " You groaned , trying to stop fighting with a jerk in front of you . His eyes and yours were locked together as he was searching the meaning behind your words . He stared even deeper into your eyes and you were staying still , drowning by just looking at him . 

" Are you playing with me ? " He half whispered . 

" Can I ask something ? Who started it first ? You or me ? "

" This girl , seriously . You're trying to fight with me , huh ? "

" Yah . Listen here , Kim Jongin .  Do I look that desperate to get married ? You think I like all of these things ? You think I'm excited to marry you ? Oh please . " You blowed your front hair , stressed out . Kai was about to explode , but still , he acted cold . 

" Kim Haru . If I really asked you to marry me , would you do it ? " Kai realized that you're quite a fighter but then calmly asked you instead of getting angry . 

" Are you perhaps ,  flirting with me now ? " You tightened your fist . " It's because of your mother , you jerk . Even if you were the last guy on earth , you're still a bit , no , I mean very far from being chosen . Arasso ? " You smirked , seeing how speechless Kai was . 

" You can't beat me , Kim Jongin . I'm not weak . " 

" Why do you have to bring my mother in our problem right now ? Seriously , yah . " Kai grabbed your uniform and bring you even more closer to him but you struggled to get lost from him . You pushed him away before giving him a high kick on his stomach . Kai whined in pain but you smile , satisfied with what you've done . 

" Why are you doing this to me ? Jinjja . Yah , I told you to stop picking fight while I'm still being nice , or hwakk ! I'll turn you into a dog ! Got it ?! " You shouted but then you heard your mom , calling for you . It's time for you to go home . 

" Kim Haru ! " 

You heard Kai calling out for your name in anger but you didn't turned back to see him and went straight to the living room . 

" Thanks for the dinner . " You bowed before getting out from the house . You see Kai , walking upstairs . He seems mad but he wasn't looking downstairs at you . You wonder , did you kicked him too strong earlier ? Did he get hurt or something ? 

Ayy , that jerk . 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next day at school , Kai was hanging out with other EXO members at the cafeteria . Sitting at the right side is Suho , Xiumin , Sehun , Lay , Kris and Tao . While on the left side there's Baekhyun , Chanyeol , Kyungsoo , Chen , Luhan and Kai himself . 

Telling his story about the marriage to the other members makes Kai depressed even more . The others were laughing at him , nonstop . Finding that Kai's story was hilarious plus cute , all of them started to giggle to each other . 

" Kai , like seriously ? She kicked you ? " Baekhyun laughed out loud before covering his mouth with his hand . 

" I swear my stomach was about to burst at that time . Aish hyung , I'm serious right now . What's with the laugh ? Help me tho ! " Kai yelled . 

" What's her name again ? " Chanyeol grinned . 

" Haru . Kim Haru . " 

" Omo . What a cute name . She must be so adorable , isn't she ? " Suho asked . " Adorable , whutt ? Ohh just wait until you meet her . She's not that adorable , she's a killer . I swear ." Kai rolled up his eyes , unsatisfied . 

" So you accepted the marriage ? " Luhan asked , sipping over Sehun's bubble tea . " Yeah . At first , I thought that she can be a toy than I can play with . Well you know I'm bored , it's good to have her . I can order her to do anything that I want to . " Kai stated . " And then ? " Luhan continued asking . 

" Well , uhmm , according to the incident last night , I don't think I can make her as a toy . " Kai sighed . " She's quite strong . " 

Chanyeol bursted into laughing even more , jumping on his chair and making his own reaction . " I've been thinking about this Kai ah , how about you try to be close with her ? Get to know her through this marriage ? Maybe better things will come after this . " Suho suggested . 

" I really hope that you can start a new life , Kai . Without even thinking about the past , you know who . " Kris looked at Kai . " I didn't mean to mention it but your parents must have a bad time , thinking only about you . This time maybe you should just go on with their decisions . Parents want the best for their childrens , isn't it ? " 

" Do I have to do that ? " Kai sighed , covering his face with his palms . 

" Yes , I really hope that you have a better life after this . No more getting drunk , no more sickness and no more being sad . Promise us that , Kai ah . " Lay tapped Kai's shoulder , comforting him .

" If you really want to make her as your toy , how about you continued teasing her ? See how long can she be patient with you . " Chanyeol , the beagle started to suggest some of his crazy ideas . " There he goes . " Baekhyun slapped Chanyeol's arm but the happy virus keeps grinning . 

Kai smirked . " Heol . Should I ? "

Right after that , he saw a girl entering the cafeteria and that girl was you . He looked down before he said something to the members . " Hey , you guys want to know who is her right ? She's here . " 

" Where ? " The other 11 members said in unison . 

" There she is . The one with the messy bun . " Kai pointed out his lips towards you who were buying a melon bread not far from him and the members . 

" That one ? Nice . " Xiumin stuffed his mouth with some french fries and looked at Kai . " Nice ? Duhh . She's not . " Kai continued staring at you . " What's wrong with you ? She's cute though . She's cute . " Xiumin added . 

You were waiting for Sae Ra to pick up her meals . You were stomping your feet slowly and a few minutes later , Sae Ra come with a tray with a bowl of rice and a few side dishes . " You're eating rice ? " 

" Yeah . Besides , I skipped breakfast today . " Sae Ra smiled before she titled her head , looking behind you . She squealed slowly , causing you to feel weird . " What ? What are you looking at ? " 

" It's them ! EXO .Gosh , I can't believe it ! " Sae Ra held your wrist , being excited . You turned around , trying to take a look . Ahh , so they were EXO , the one that girls always gone crazy about almost every day at school ? You didn't even care since you wasn't really interested about them . You took a glance and you didn't noticed Kai was there too . Well you never know that he was one of the members . 

" They're handsome . Omona , especially him. Kai . " Sae Ra squealed even more . You widened your eyes , looking at Sae Ra . " Did you just said .. Kai ?! " You turned back once again to EXO , scanning all their faces and you found Kai , sitting at the very end of the table . Shouldn't this get any better ? Why do yo have to meet him again ? 

" Haru ya , I'm going to buy drinks . Take my tray with you okay ? And find a place first . I'll coming after you ."

EXO members including Kai were looking at you but you ignored them . You were searching for seats and you found one next to EXO . No , it can't be . Whatever it takes , you won't sit next to them . You searched over again and again but other seats seems to be full . Thinking about the recess time that almost ended , you decided to sit next to the boys , eventhough you hate it . 

In order to sit next to them , you have to pass through them first . You walked as usual , pretending to look at the other way . At the same time , Kai pointed out one of his foot out from the table , trying to take a revenge for what you did last night to him . This time , he planned to get you fall down and getting embarassed . You were near the boys and right there , you hit Kai's foot . You were stumbling and almost fall down . Kai already smiled , hoping that you will fall down with the foods all over your face . 

But you're not . 

You're not .

You knew how to keep yourself in balance . You almost tripped your feet but lucikly you were saved . You turned to look at Kai and the other EXO members . It must be them . It must be him , that jerk . Kai seems a bit shocked , as he saw you were not falling down but keep standing still after stumbling a bit . 

"He tried to embarass me , didn' he ? "

You heard Sae Ra was calling for you but then you walked to Kai with the food tray . You stopped in front of him and slammed the tray right on the table . The other EXO members didn't make a single move , neither do Kai . Students in the cafeteria all focused to you and Kai , started to whisper to each other . 

" It's you right ? Oh , by the way , you didn't need to answer me . I knew it was you . " You grabbed the rice in the bowl and smudged it on Kai's face . You heard the students gasped , in awe for what you did . And then you poured the kimchi soup on his hair down to his uniform before you took a glass of water on the table and splashed it on his face . 

" . " Kai cursed , realizing that he failed to get you in trouble . 

" This much is enough right ? " You glared but then you felt tears coming out from your eyes before leaving Kai . " You know what ? I hate you . " 

" I hate you , you bad jerk . " 

 

 

" I hate you and then I love you . It's like I want to throw you off a cliff and rush to the bottom to catch you . "