| Chapter 3 |

Lonely Lullaby

" It takes a strong heart to love but it takes an even stronger heart to love after it's been broken . "

" If you don't mind , Kim Haru , come with me . I'll bring you to my house and your parents are there too . " 

" My parents ? Ahjussi , you know my parents ? " 

" Yes , of course . I was your father's best friend since high school . Anyway , we'll talk about this later . Kai , get into the car . Haru , you too . " 

Kai was looking at you , like weirdly . Come on dude , I'm not alien . Duhh . So his father and your father are best friend ? Great . And talking about your parents , shouldn't they been working at this time ? Why did they go to this old man's house ? Are they holding a party or somewhat kind of reunion ? Aish , you just don't get it . 

" Who are you by the way ahjussi ? " You asked as you get into the car . You were sitting on the left side while that guy was sitting on the right side . What was his name again ? Kai ? Kei ? Ughh whatever . 

" My name is Kim Junho . You can call me uncle or ahjussi or it's up to you . And introducing my son , Kim Jongin . You can call him Kai , Haru ya . Both of you are in the same age . "

You already know that . In fact you've been looking at him like three times today . You decided to call that old man Mr Kim , it sounds more polite and Kim . Jong . In . That's a nice name though . 

Jongin . 

Kai . 

Kai was sleeping on the other side , not even interested to talk to his father . Nothing else to talk about . A few minutes later , you stay silent until you arrived at a big mansion . Look how big the mansion was . Kai get up first and leave you and Mr Kim behind . You followed Mr Kim and dozens of maids are bowing to both of you . You felt awkward and bowed back , plastering a little smile on your face . 

This place is no joke . 

" I brought her back , Wooyoung ah . " Mr Kim said as both you and him went to the living room . Right there you can see my mom , dad and another woman . Maybe she's Mrs Kim . Perhaps . 

" Anyeonghaseyo . Kim Haru imnida . " You bowed first and then going to sit beside your mom . 

" She's full of manners . Oh how polite . " Mrs Kim stated . " She's going to be a perfect match for Kai . " 

Sorry ? Pardon me ? Perfect match ? What does she mean ? 

" Haru ya . "

" Nae . " 

" Remember back then when omma said that one day you're going to get married when you turned 17 ? " 

" Uhh yes . I thought it was a joke ? I was still 13 back then when you told me that . " 

" No dear . It is real . " 

" What ? " 

" You're going to marry Kai , dear . " 

" W-What ? You mean , that guy earlier ? Him ? " 

" Yes . " 

" Omma . Appa . Can you please tell me what's going on ? " 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kai's POV .

So I was hearing their conversations from upstairs . 

I knew it . I knew it since earlier , when appa was treating her so well . I just knew it . So I'm going to marry that girl , and what's her name again ? Kim Haru . Yeah . Haru . 

I didn't even know she attended the same school with me . 

How should I do with this girl ? She looks kinda interesting though . A girl that I can play with , I can make her as my toy . That's it Kai . Rather than becoming your wife , she can be my assistant . I'll order her around as much as I want . We'll see if she can bear with it or not . 

Nice idea , Kai . 

Maybe I'll try to accept the marriage ? Maybe . And I'm going to make her regret . 

Just you wait , Kim Haru . I'm going to make you suffer . 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

" N-No . I don't think I can accept this . " You shook my head , trying to deal with yourself . How are you going to manage this ? Confused , shocked , mad at the same time . This cannot be happening to you . 

" Why dear ? " Mom tried to calm you down . 

" I can't accept him . " You said , almost crying out . 

" But I can accept you . " A voice startled you and the parents at the living room . It was Kai , walking downstairs with both of his hands in his pockets . His face seems to light up , different from what you saw him earlier . 

He smiled . A calm yet so beautiful smile that you swear your heart was flustered at that time . He seems so precious . You just can't handle it . No . He deserves someone better than you . 

" Kai . Did you .. mean it ? " Mrs Kim finally stood up , hugging her son so tightly that she was disbelieved with Kai's words earlier . 

" Are you willing to marry her , Kai ? " Mr Kim asked , in order to make sure of it . 

" Yes I am . Please take good care of me . " He bowed to both of your parents but then looked up to you with a wink . Gosh , he's such a tease . 

You cleared my throat ,trying to calm yourself . But then Mrs Kim came to you and held your hands . You were sniffing but at the same time you looked at her . Eyes to eyes . " Come with me for a while dear . " You was speechless as you've got nothing else to say so you followed her . Both of you are now sitting at a mini garden outside the house .You were looking at the fish in the pond when Mrs Kim finally spoke up . 

" Haru . "

Wind was blowing . You can see a few of bamboo plants around the place that you've been sitting with Mrs Kim , seems like it was dancing to the direction of the wind . How peaceful it feels , being here in the garden . It was amazing . 

" Have you even see Kai before at school ? " 

" No I wasn't . I didn't even know him . " 

" So that's why you scared didn't you ? To marry him ? " 

" N-No . It's not like that . It's just I'm too young for this marriage .. ? That's what I thought . I've never fall in love before , I don't know anything about love . I'm scared , scared that I might ruin this marriage . I don't want to hurt anyone , I don't want you and Mr Kim to feel dissappointed about me . And in case if I was doing something really stupid , my parents will be sad too . " 

" You can learn how to love from this marriage . Use this chance , Haru ya . I'm not asking you to love Kai but please , can you please change him for me ? " 

Change ? What on earth do I have to change him ? He's not even my business at all . Why should I ? I'm not that good that I can change other people . You know that is the hardest thing to do , unless that person himself tries to change for himself . 

You was speechless , once again . You were barely able to talk by just seeing Mrs Kim and her mysterious kind of face . What is she up to ? Did she was keeping any secret without telling you ? Maybe about Jongin ? 

" Haru ya . Do you wanna hear a story ? " 

" Yes please . " 

" It's about Kai two years ago . The pasts that cannot be forgotten , that's the main reason why I chose you to marry Kai , my own son . I got a feeling that you're the one that suits him . " 

It was two years ago , when Kai was still a young boy . He was fifteen at that time when he found his first love . That girl named Seol Han . Seol Han was also like you , Haru . She's the daughter of  Lee Jung Seok , a close friend of Mr Kim . I think Kai was the happiest one since he get to know Seol Han . They were in love and we parents decided to get Kai and Seol Han to engage . 

Please don't misunderstand this . We didn't even remember the promise that we've already made with your parents , Haru ya . So they got engaged , for the sake of company and Seol Han's father told that he was to be Mr Kim's partner for bussiness , something like that .  

He was too blind , too blind to understands love . Kai is the type that will give you all of him when he loves you so much . He's too kind , too sincere , too .. precious . But Seol Han doesn't appreciate him , that's what I heard . Kai found Seol Han was dating another guy , going to the night club at very young age , hugging guys and stuffs . Kai can't take it because Seol Han betrayed him , playing his heart , making him as a toy for her own sake . 

" Omma , I can't take it . I won't love her anymore . Let's just break this engagement . " 

This is a sudden news , and we parents seems to be shocked . Seol Han too and she keeps denying that she doesn't do those kind of things . But Kai wouldn't ever listen to her anymore , his trust towards her was gone in just a blink of time . Seol Han was depressed . 

A few days later , we got news that Seol Han ran away from her house and on the same day at night , her parents told that Seol Han died in an accident . It is a suicide and she , her dead body was found on the railways at the train station . Since that , Kai was feeling so wrong for what he had done . He thinks that the accident was his fault . 

He turned to be so quiet out of  sudden . He's not the old Kai anymore . 

Love.

Yes.Love.He changed because of love.Because he was such a fool back then,he was blind.He regretted what he had done.He couldn’t forgive himself either.He gave all the best for his love but it shattered so easily in the end.That’s why he ended up being such a cold hearted guy.Barely able to smile,always being sad and cried a lot.

He ended up being out at night , getting himself drunk . He sometimes locked himself in a room , I can hear him punching the wall until he got bleed all over his hand . He torns himself with broken glasses , torturing himself . He still can't accept the truth that Seol Han was gone . 

Mrs Kim wiped her tears away , she can't controlled herself for what happened to his one and only son , Kai . Kai being such a jerk from day to day and that's the reason why she can't handle over him anymore . She was tired, taking care of Kai who is getting wilder and wilder by her own . 

" I can't . I'm not young anymore . I can't always be by his side . I got sick sometimes and it's getting sadder if I see Kai was not feeling well too . " 

You keep your head down and trying to memorize each words that came from Mrs Kim . You were trying to understand the whole story . What a tragic one . 

 " When the warm and scented wind passes by my cheeks , I think of your face that I used to love . 
When the wild , unknown flowers bloom hidden on the streets , I think of you whom I hide away in my memories. "

" Because first love is beautiful . A first love is a flower . " 

" Blooming widely when spring comes , dazzling like a flower . Like a young child, a first love is inexperienced .

Because you can't unconditionally give and take love . " 

"I'll leave you here , Haru ya . I'm asking you a favor to save my son from getting drown in his own life . Please , think carefully . " And then Mrs Kim leave you at the garden by myself .  

So he's been hurting a lot since two years ago . He's being a jerk , he always acts cold . It is because of that girl . Lee Seol Han , his fiancee . She died at a train station . You suddenly remembered  reading about that suicide news in the newspaper two years ago . You just  can't remember it well .

You spent your time at the garden , walking all around . Looking at the butterflies , the bees . Sae Ra once said to you , a girl should be like butterflies . Pretty , but hard to catch . And now you have to marry a guy , who didn't even like you . He didn't even try to catch you or approach you or nahh . Heol , what a  life . 

Maybe you should accept .. ? Or not ? Should you ? You'll try to change him , but can you really do that ? Mrs Kim had given you a task called ' get married to Kim Jongin and change him '. What the heck . 

You went back to the living room . Right there , you could see the parents are busy talking to each other while Kai was sitting on the couch in front of them alone . He was staring at his excited parents , talking nonstop . You chuckled a bit , seeing him . Yah , did he always stares like that ? 

" Kai , are you sure with your decision ? Earlier you was .. " 

" What ? You said that I should accept it . You said it was for my own sake . " Kai rolled his eyes , trying to embarass his parents . " Don't act like you care about my feelings right now . I'm not in mood . " 

" Ohh . There she is . Haru ! " My mom called for you as you walked in slowly , fixing your uniform . You stood up near the couch but still far from Kai . " Did you have something to tell dear ? Mrs Kim gave you a few days to think about the marriage, so don't worry . " Mom was smiling . You knew your mom , she tried to comfort you . 

" I don't think I can't wait for a few days . I accepted it . " You finally said . You can see Kai looked up to you with his eyes , widen . You gave him a look , looking straight into his eyes . 

" I am willing to marry you , Kim Jongin . " 

 

 

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal . The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever.” 

 

.