Stuck with you (Hyuk)

VIXX Tales (One Shot Collections)

 

*beep beep*

Your alarm clock suddenly went off, causing you to groan out in annoyance. As soon as you opened your eyes, you were blinded by the bright ray of the sun coming in through your window. You need to remind yourself that you should replace those damn sheer curtains. But of course, you would always forget. You took hold of the alarm from your bedside table and turned it off. As soon as your vision cleared, you saw that it was already 9:31 a.m.

 

“HOLY !” You shouted and got up from the bed. You immediately went to the bathroom, brushed your teeth and washed your face. You silently gave yourself a pat in the back for preparing your outfit the night before. You applied minimal make up on your face and tied your hair into a pony tail. The next thing you know; you look as presentable as anyone who would have their job interview.

 

Even though you were already running late, you didn’t want to leave the house with an empty stomach. You toasted yourself 2 pieces of bread and made yourself tea. You only had 30 minutes left before the start of your interview. You immediately rushed out of your apartment, with one piece of the toast hanging on your lips, as you hastily put on your blazer.

 

As much as you hated using taxis because of their unfair pricing, you had no other choice but to take one. It was exactly 10:06 am and it takes at least 15 minutes to get to the company. Your interview starts at 10:30. You just hoped that there would be no traffic today.

 

You concluded that it was just not your day today. You fidgeted on your seat as you nibbled on your thumb. Your car was barely moving. An ant can walk faster that the speed of every car in Seoul right now.

 

“Excuse me, is there any way for us to get out of this traffic?” You asked the driver politely. It was already 10:15, and you were sure that you are definitely not gonna make it.

 

“I’m sorry Agassi. They said that there was an accident a while ago. The whole road is blocked because it involved a 10 wheeler truck.” The driver said as he looked at you through his rearview mirror.

 

The office was just two blocks away from where you were now. Maybe, just maybe…

You glanced at your watch again and sighed. You have no other choice now. You handed some cash to the driver and went out of the cab. Once you were on the side walk, you started running for your life. Now, you wished that you could have worn flats instead of a 4 inch pumps.

 

People were staring at you. But you couldn’t care less. You have a job interview to get to. You didn’t want to miss the chance to have a job just because of the weird looks people are giving you.

 

It was 10:22 am when you finally set foot in the company’s lobby. You knew that you look like one hell of a mess right now. That’s not gonna give a good impression. You still had spare time to fix yourself to make yourself look presentable.

 

You set foot on the elevator and pressed the number 7, when you heard the man shout.

 

“Please hold the elevator for me!” He said as he sprinted towards your direction. And just in the nick of time, you were able to press the open button for him.

 

“Thank you.” He said with a smile. His eyes disappeared as his huge pouty lips became thin when he smiled. You returned the smile yourself.

 

He was good looking. You can’t deny that fact. He had this youthful aura radiating from him. His teeth resembled that of a bunny. And his nose, although not your typical Korean nose because of its flat shaped that made them look like a mushroom, still suited his overall features.

 

You noticed that he didn’t press any number, so that would mean he would go on the same floor as you. If you only knew that he would also be there for the interview, you wouldn’t have second thoughts and close the door on him.

 

The elevator was already on the 3rd floor, when the lights started to flicker. And the digital screen that indicates you what floor you’re in now, suddenly went black. Oh my Gosh.

 

***

 

‘Aish. I thought they fixed this damn elevator already. At least the emergency light worked.’ Sanghyuk thought to himself.

 

He looked to his left from where you were standing, and just now did he notice how pretty you looked.

 

‘I guess it wouldn’t be bad being stuck with her. She’s probably applying for the PA slot here.’ He concluded in his thoughts.

 

He pressed the emergency button a few times before starting to fan himself. Despite the fact that he would love to stay in a cramped place with a beautiful woman, it was already getting hot. He didn’t want to stay there any longer. Besides, he was already late for the interview.

 

His train of thoughts were suddenly cut when he heard the woman beside him hyperventilating.

 

“Are you alright miss?” He asked calmly.

 

“I…. I can’t….. breathe….” You said in between breaths. “I’m…. clau-claustrophobic.”

 

Damn it! If you weren’t late for that stupid interview, you would have walked 7 flights of stairs just to get there instead of using an elevator.

 

“Just sit down and relax miss. Everything’s going to be okay.” He assured you. “Someone’s going to get us out of here in no time.”

 

You tried to calm yourself down and sat on the floor. But you were feeling light headed already. You leaned your head on the railing and saw him do the same in the opposite corner.

 

A few minutes have passed when he suddenly broke off the silence.

 

“So, what’s your name?” He asked.

 

You answered him in between breaths. You wanted to ask him the same question and have a friendly talk with him, but your phobia was prohibiting you to do so.

 

“You’re gonna apply for the PA slot?”

 

“Yes…” Okay, as much as you like having small talk with a handsome man, he wasn’t helping at all. You felt like you were going to faint sometime soon.

 

Okay, you spoke too soon. Your vision started to blur and you felt unconsciousness was starting to pull you on its spell. He probably felt that he was losing you, and the next thing you know, he was already near you.

 

“Miss, stay with me! Don’t you dare faint!”

 

You were supposed to close your eyes when you felt his plump lips against yours. Well, there goes the first kiss that you’ve been saving for your future husband.

 

Then you felt him transferring CO2 through your lips, which was supposed to help with your breathing. He was helping you out. This wouldn’t count as your first kiss, right?

 

You gave yourself a mental face palm, because this shouldn’t be the time to think of stuff like those. You were on the verge of fainting, and all you could think about was kissing a stranger.

 

***

 

Sanghyuk just had to do it. He panicked and didn’t know what to do. This was all he could think of. He crashed his lips into yours after contemplating for so long. He was giving you CPR. Although, he doesn’t really know he standard procedure. He just hopes that it would help.

 

‘I hope she’s not weirded out by this. But I’m guessing she’s not. She didn’t slap me. What’s her name again? Y/N? I’ll definitely keep an eye on you Y/N.”

 

He was starting to get the feel of the CPR as he had his huge hands holding you at your nape.

 

*ding*

 

His mind immediately went back to reality when he heard the elevator work again. He broke the kiss… or rather the connection from his lips to yours. Good news, you were both on the 7th floor already. Bad news was that everyone saw what the both of you were doing. Everyone outside were giving you both teasing smiles.

 

He finally let go of your neck, and much to his disappointment, you quickly stood up and left the scene. But not before bowing and muttering a small thank you.

 

He went out and saw you running to the rest room, probably to fix yourself before the interview. Sanghyuk just gave his employees a smile when some of them started shouting “Nice one Boss!”

 

On his way to the office, he saw a lot of applicants sitting on the waiting area. You were obviously not there yet. He went inside his office and was greeted by his former assistant Yuri. He gave her a promotion, that’s why they are looking for replacements. And this was her final job for Sanghyuk.

 

“Why are you late? There are a lot of applicants already Sanghyuk-ah.” Yuri said. Oh yeah, Yuri was also a close noona of Sanghyuk that’s why she could speak banmal to him.

 

“I don’t want any of them anymore. Look for someone outside with the name Y/N…. I want her.”

 

***

 

Your face was crimson red when you look at yourself in the mirror. You tried composing yourself for the interview and gave yourself a small cheer before heading out. You were on your way to the waiting area when you saw everyone started filing out and gave you murderous looks.

 

“Are you Y/N?” Asked the only girl who was left in the room.

 

“Yes…”

 

“Okay great! Sanghyuk personally requested for you.”

 

‘Sanghyuk. Probably the boss. But why do I have a weird feeling about this? Personally requested?” He must’ve like what’s written on my resume.’

 

“I’m Choi Yuri, by the way. I used to be Sanghyuk’s PA, but got promoted. Don’t worry too much. Sanghyuk is a nice kid. You’ll like him. Anyways, goodluck, alright? If you need any help or have any questions, I left my number on your new desk.” She said with a wink

 

‘Nice kid? Just how old is your new boss gonna be? New desk? Does that mean I got the job already?’

 

You were left in front of the big wooden door. Behind that door awaits your future.

 

Dugeun Dugeun.

 

You opened the door and was surprised to see that the office was huge but simple. And on the corner, you saw a pink post it plastered on the table. It was probably Yuri’s number, and your new table.

 

Your new boss was seated in a revolving chair by his table, with his back facing yours.

 

“Hello, I am Y/N.” You said with a 90 degree bow. Although, you knew he might not see you.

 

When he finally turned his chair around, you felt all oxygen leave your body. Not only that, but you blood rose up to your cheeks all over again.

 

“Hello Y/N. I am Han Sanghyuk, your new boss.”