I Love You

Lucky Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ilhoon’s POV

I couldn’t believe it at all. I couldn’t accept the reality I was forced to face at the moment. I thought last night was all a dream. I thought it was a night I could forget. I thought it was nothing but a joke we’d laugh off. It wasn’t though. I thought wrong – seriously and terribly wrong.

I stared, well more of glared, at the horrid white envelope on my desk. The cursed words were obviously written by her hand and I honestly don’t know where I’m more miffed. She indeed submitted her resignation letter but she didn’t even deliver it personally.

How could she?

True to her words, Yoon Bomi did not come to the office at all. The resignation letter was delivered by her best friend, Jung Eunji, this early morning and her desk was cleared out of everything she owned. It was cleaned empty.

Her documents were stored on a box for the next secretary or for others to work on. Her pictures and any personal item were boxed and would be delivered to her later that day.

My stomach churned when I saw her bare desk. The emptiness screamed at me, taunted me. I felt like her existence had disappeared. I felt like her memory was erased. I felt like she was removed from my life.

And I didn’t want that.

My eyes would always travel towards the door and my mind would always will the door to open then reveal a shyly smiling Bomi. My thoughts were all about her.

I remembered the way her eyes would turn into lovely crescents when she laughed or smiled. I remembered the way her hair would sway whenever she had it down. I remembered the way her hands would massage my tensed shoulders. I remembered the way her nose would scrunch up when she’s confused. I remembered the way her laugh would always make me smile. I remembered the way her kisses would make me melt into a pile of goo.

“I thought she loves me,” I mumbled to myself.

My heart ached when the words escaped my lips.

“Why did she have to leave?” I wondered.

“Am I not good enough?”

I bit my lip as I felt tears forming on the corners of my eyes.

I didn’t cry last night. I was too numb and too stunned to cry. But right now while staring at her resignation letter, I couldn’t help the tears threatening to fall down my face. The reality that she left was slowly sinking in and I couldn’t handle it at all.

My body felt heavy. I felt like I was Atlas, carrying the whole world on my shoulder. My heart constricted painfully. My breathing hitched. My throat dried.

I tried to calm down and soothe my forming headache. I shouldn’t breakdown. I shouldn’t shed a tear.

I shouldn’t go weak.

I was having a hard time trying to stop my tears. The pain I was feeling was pricking and poking my heart over and over, it was too much for me keep it all in. The pain was too much. It was too overwhelming.

I wanted to scream my lungs out. I wanted to break and smash things. I wanted to beat someone up. If I could just punch myself, then I would.

I wanted to see Bomi.

I wanted to hug her, to kiss her, to feel her.

I desperately wanted to be with Bomi.

Then it dawned on me.

I needed to do something. I needed to do something to get Bomi back. I needed to prove myself to her. I needed to prove my love for her.

With renewed enthusiasm, my feet jumped out of chair. I stopped sulking like a puppy and hurriedly thought of a plan. I grabbed for my coat then went out my office.

I took out my phone and scrolled through my contacts. When I saw the name I needed to call, I quickly pressed the green button.

“Hello? I need your help,” I said when the other line picked up.

If Yoon Bomi made it her goal to leave, then I’d make it my goal to get her back.

I walked out of the company with an anxious yet hopeful heart.

“I’ll do what I need to do just to have you back, Bomi-ah,” I finally smiled.

“Just you wait!”

 

Bomi’s POV

I stared, pretty confused, at the person standing on my doorstep. Eunji, my oh-so called best friend, was smiling at me with a box on her hands and sporting a really fancy and girly dress.

“Do you a date tonight?” I asked her as I took the box from her.

She just went in, took off her heels, and then entered my apartment. I followed her inside with furrowed brows.

“You should have told me you were going out tonight. I could have driven to your apartment to take my things instead,” I told her as we made our way to the living room.

I placed the box containing my things from the office.

My lips unknowingly tugged down, forming a frown on my face.

I suddenly remembered Ilhoon. Well, it’s not like he hasn’t popped in my mind ever since last night. He’s always in my thoughts anyway.

Eunji laughed and shook her head. “I don’t have a date,” she told me.

I tilted my head to the side, growing more confused.

“Then what’s the fancy for?” I asked her.

“We’re going out!” she smiled cheekily at me.

My brows furrowed deeper.

“What for?” I asked.

Eunji grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently. My heart ached a little with the gesture.

“We need a girl’s night out. We haven’t done it for quite a while and I think this’ll be a good distraction for you,” she told me.

I stared at my best friend, apprehension filling inside my head.

“But~” I tried to weasel out of the night out.

As much as I wanted to spend some time with her, all I wanted to do right now was stay in the comforts of my apartment and sulk the days away.

I wanted to be a bum for the first time in my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter